Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Singtel Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4555-singtel-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 05-01-2016 04:55 PM

Lol must be a Singtel clown.

Talk as though you're earning big bucks hahahahha

Unregistered 06-01-2016 12:17 PM

seems like singtel map is one of the hardest for local co to get in...

Unregistered 08-01-2016 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77603)
o&g is a joke. their monthly is so low that without any good bonus the total package is even lower than many sme. you sound butthurt, no need to jealous just because singtel or banking dun want you.

I work for Shell. A company you will never get in. Please don't comment on things you don't know.

Unregistered 08-01-2016 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77785)
I work for Shell. A company you will never get in. Please don't comment on things you don't know.

wow shell... LOL am i suppose to be impress?????? so scared....

with a map offer of miserable 3.4k, everyday got news ur co laying off staff still want to talk big here.

Unregistered 09-01-2016 12:05 AM

It's just a grad program. NOT MAP.

Shell used to be a good company but it has lost its way hiring very poserish losers. And they love to think they're very bright .. LOL.

Unregistered 09-01-2016 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77794)
It's just a grad program. NOT MAP.

Shell used to be a good company but it has lost its way hiring very poserish losers. And they love to think they're very bright .. LOL.

i have a good friend who use to work there and quit after a year. he told me they are so red tape that everyday just chit chat play powerpoint and nothing gets done. the good ones leave and the remaining left all typical civil service mentality.

Unregistered 09-01-2016 12:58 AM

Yup, I have a number of friends there and even went through the interview process. Total BS, extremely inefficient company. The only plus point is their people can usually present and speak very well... But a lot of empty vases: they love to hire pretty girls :)

Unregistered 09-01-2016 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77797)
Yup, I have a number of friends there and even went through the interview process. Total BS, extremely inefficient company. The only plus point is their people can usually present and speak very well... But a lot of empty vases: they love to hire pretty girls :)

pretty girls no leh, he was complaining about lack of chio bus over there. haha.

what he tell me is they also have the cep system like civil service and you need to know how to talk big, do fancy presentation, act like scholar to move up. otherwise they mark u down as poor performer and no leadership skill. thats why nobody want to work, only talk.

how is the interview process like? need to do fancy presentation also? i apply the grad program with them in 2014 but they took like 3 months to get back for interview in the end i already find another job.

Unregistered 09-01-2016 01:17 AM

I am so tempted to fire you some linkedin pics of shell girls but nah!

Anyway, their interview process as you might have experienced is extremely tedious and laborious. Basically, it's because their HR is incompetent as f_uck. I had to keep emailing them to get my SRD sorted out. And they keep messing up loads of stuff, sending you wrong emails and not following up when they said they would.

There are several components during the SRD: E-tray exercise, group case, individual case, lunch followed by individual interview. They aren't hard but you will be constrained by time so you gotta think fast.

I didn't accept their offer tho, chose to join a real MAP, which I won't disclose because their salary offer wasn't good. Plus, Shell has very little openings now, and the most they can say is "you passed the SRD" but we will put you on hold (as always) for whatever position opens up. Lame as hell.

My friend also says the same thing about your portrayal of Shell ... Very wayang, a lot of politics etc.

Unregistered 09-01-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77800)
I am so tempted to fire you some linkedin pics of shell girls but nah!

Anyway, their interview process as you might have experienced is extremely tedious and laborious. Basically, it's because their HR is incompetent as f_uck. I had to keep emailing them to get my SRD sorted out. And they keep messing up loads of stuff, sending you wrong emails and not following up when they said they would.

There are several components during the SRD: E-tray exercise, group case, individual case, lunch followed by individual interview. They aren't hard but you will be constrained by time so you gotta think fast.

I didn't accept their offer tho, chose to join a real MAP, which I won't disclose because their salary offer wasn't good. Plus, Shell has very little openings now, and the most they can say is "you passed the SRD" but we will put you on hold (as always) for whatever position opens up. Lame as hell.

My friend also says the same thing about your portrayal of Shell ... Very wayang, a lot of politics etc.

thanks for sharing. in retrospect its a good thing they took their own sweet time and allow me to find a job first. dont think I can fit into this sort of environment where everyday is wayang preso do nothing.

also its very unethical of them to put grads through so much stress and time wasted on fancy ACs when they dont even have enough open position to fill in.