Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Singtel Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4555-singtel-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 06-01-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196579)
Biggest and best decision I made in 2018 was to reject the MA offer I had from Singtel.
Otherwise, I would have been stuck in a dilemma today like some of my friends - stale company, paltry compensation (well, not quite), lack of growth and job excitement.

My advice for many of you is to not treat MAs as a holy grail, be daring to seek out and even if you experience failures, know that you will be rewarded at some point. Of course, if you are really comfortable (be genuine to yourself) with a fairly decent comp from Singtel, then take it up and make the best out of it.

In hindsight, I was like many of you here kanchionging over all of the little details. Learn to not be so bogged down by all of this and take a look at the bigger picture. I wish all of you the very best!

FYI
2017: ~$3K
2018: ~$4K (SingTel offer i believe), took up a temp w/ no benefits for $6K
2019: ~$6K (took a paycut)
2020: ~$9K (promoted)
2021: Finally broke the elusive 5-digit monthly

strangely insightful information on a thread mostly filled w trolls lmao. thank you kind sir! will keep that in mind. happy 2022!

Unregistered 07-01-2022 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196654)
strangely insightful information on a thread mostly filled w trolls lmao. thank you kind sir! will keep that in mind. happy 2022!

If you buy that someone can treble his salary from 3k to 9k within 5 years you probably are stupid enough to have graduated from a trash paper mill like Kaplan.

Unregistered 07-01-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196703)
If you buy that someone can treble his salary from 3k to 9k within 5 years you probably are stupid enough to have graduated from a trash paper mill like Kaplan.

I am the original OP of that post. What may seem even more unbelievable is that 9K actually is only the base and my full year 2021 TC is actually in excess of $180K which is >$15K.

If I may add more salt to your wound, I have started my new role this year and will be getting >$250K. I wish you all the best in your career being such a shallow person, and I hope I never have to work with a douche like you.

Needless to say, you need to get your myopia fixed if you do not know where these opportunities reside in SG.

Unregistered 07-01-2022 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196704)
I am the original OP of that post. What may seem even more unbelievable is that 9K actually is only the base and my full year 2021 TC is actually in excess of $180K which is >$15K.

If I may add more salt to your wound, I have started my new role this year and will be getting >$250K. I wish you all the best in your career being such a shallow person, and I hope I never have to work with a douche like you.

Needless to say, you need to get your myopia fixed if you do not know where these opportunities reside in SG.

Cool story. I will be starting my new role this year too which will net me upwards of 500k. Looking forward to taking a dump on you if I ever see you in the workplace, though at least you can keep me entertained from time to time with tall tales :)

Unregistered 07-01-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Is there a change of function in between? Or it is largely a vertical promotion + switch of firm?

Don't need to be so aggro. I have a same starting pay and similar trajectory for subsequent progression. There is effort put in by me but I will say a large part of it is due to luck. Without it, it would have been a much gentler slope. Thinking back, I would not have expected such a trajectory would be possible on my first day of work if it didn't actually happen to me.

Unregistered 07-01-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196703)

It is doable... you are definitely new to the job landscape or living in your shell.

Btw, what can Singtel MAs expect after 5 years?

Unregistered 07-01-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196723)
It is doable... you are definitely new to the job landscape or living in your shell.

Btw, what can Singtel MAs expect after 5 years?

Look to move to another zombie Sinkie company most likely.

The better ones maybe can try for something like Grab.

Unregistered 07-01-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

this is real. i am his boss. i paid him $250k Ruppiah.

i also started a new role this year as his boss again and will be getting >500k.

Unregistered 10-01-2022 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194912)
anyone know whether this year isit the same? i.e. the final panelist are all mostly going to be offered?

Hello, how was your final panel interview?

How many interviewers were there?

Unregistered 10-01-2022 04:41 PM

people who got offered, how long did it take for them to get back to you after the final panel?