Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Singtel Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4555-singtel-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 26-10-2015 01:00 PM

3909
 
The starting pay for a MA is fixed whatever discipline you're from. It is 4K plus according to my reliable sources.

Unregistered 03-01-2016 08:59 PM

That is correct. It is the same regardless of which department you work for.

Unregistered 03-01-2016 10:16 PM

Can someone confirm the exact salary?

What perks do they have as well?

Unregistered 04-01-2016 03:23 PM

this year should be $4900 starting, most departments also offer transport/car allowance of $850 on top.

Unregistered 04-01-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77545)
this year should be $4900 starting, most departments also offer transport/car allowance of $850 on top.

wah i also want to join singtel!!!!!

Unregistered 04-01-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77545)
this year should be $4900 starting, most departments also offer transport/car allowance of $850 on top.

Please don't BS.

I know MAs from FMCG giants in P&G/Unilever only getting about 4.5 - 5k overall. Singtel at 4.9k starting? Please la.

Unregistered 04-01-2016 04:05 PM

From glassdoor, it's about 3.9k

s://.glassdoor.co.in/Monthly-Pay/Singtel-Management-Associate-Singapore-Monthly-Pay-EJI_IE3971.0,7_KO8,28_IL.29,38_IM1123.htm

Unregistered 04-01-2016 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77549)
Please don't BS.

I know MAs from FMCG giants in P&G/Unilever only getting about 4.5 - 5k overall. Singtel at 4.9k starting? Please la.

P&G and Unilever already 5k+ since last year la. FMCG companies are overhype anyway...

Unregistered 04-01-2016 10:07 PM

Haha, I don't think you're in the know.

Nvm. You probably are one of the goondus who think O&G is better when they have literally no bonuses this year.

Or are you one of the banking chaps who are losing their jobs left, right and center?

Unregistered 05-01-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77571)
Haha, I don't think you're in the know.

Nvm. You probably are one of the goondus who think O&G is better when they have literally no bonuses this year.

Or are you one of the banking chaps who are losing their jobs left, right and center?

o&g is a joke. their monthly is so low that without any good bonus the total package is even lower than many sme. you sound butthurt, no need to jealous just because singtel or banking dun want you.

Unregistered 05-01-2016 04:55 PM

Lol must be a Singtel clown.

Talk as though you're earning big bucks hahahahha

Unregistered 06-01-2016 12:17 PM

seems like singtel map is one of the hardest for local co to get in...

Unregistered 08-01-2016 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77603)
o&g is a joke. their monthly is so low that without any good bonus the total package is even lower than many sme. you sound butthurt, no need to jealous just because singtel or banking dun want you.

I work for Shell. A company you will never get in. Please don't comment on things you don't know.

Unregistered 08-01-2016 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77785)
I work for Shell. A company you will never get in. Please don't comment on things you don't know.

wow shell... LOL am i suppose to be impress?????? so scared....

with a map offer of miserable 3.4k, everyday got news ur co laying off staff still want to talk big here.

Unregistered 09-01-2016 12:05 AM

It's just a grad program. NOT MAP.

Shell used to be a good company but it has lost its way hiring very poserish losers. And they love to think they're very bright .. LOL.

Unregistered 09-01-2016 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77794)
It's just a grad program. NOT MAP.

Shell used to be a good company but it has lost its way hiring very poserish losers. And they love to think they're very bright .. LOL.

i have a good friend who use to work there and quit after a year. he told me they are so red tape that everyday just chit chat play powerpoint and nothing gets done. the good ones leave and the remaining left all typical civil service mentality.

Unregistered 09-01-2016 12:58 AM

Yup, I have a number of friends there and even went through the interview process. Total BS, extremely inefficient company. The only plus point is their people can usually present and speak very well... But a lot of empty vases: they love to hire pretty girls :)

Unregistered 09-01-2016 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77797)
Yup, I have a number of friends there and even went through the interview process. Total BS, extremely inefficient company. The only plus point is their people can usually present and speak very well... But a lot of empty vases: they love to hire pretty girls :)

pretty girls no leh, he was complaining about lack of chio bus over there. haha.

what he tell me is they also have the cep system like civil service and you need to know how to talk big, do fancy presentation, act like scholar to move up. otherwise they mark u down as poor performer and no leadership skill. thats why nobody want to work, only talk.

how is the interview process like? need to do fancy presentation also? i apply the grad program with them in 2014 but they took like 3 months to get back for interview in the end i already find another job.

Unregistered 09-01-2016 01:17 AM

I am so tempted to fire you some linkedin pics of shell girls but nah!

Anyway, their interview process as you might have experienced is extremely tedious and laborious. Basically, it's because their HR is incompetent as f_uck. I had to keep emailing them to get my SRD sorted out. And they keep messing up loads of stuff, sending you wrong emails and not following up when they said they would.

There are several components during the SRD: E-tray exercise, group case, individual case, lunch followed by individual interview. They aren't hard but you will be constrained by time so you gotta think fast.

I didn't accept their offer tho, chose to join a real MAP, which I won't disclose because their salary offer wasn't good. Plus, Shell has very little openings now, and the most they can say is "you passed the SRD" but we will put you on hold (as always) for whatever position opens up. Lame as hell.

My friend also says the same thing about your portrayal of Shell ... Very wayang, a lot of politics etc.

Unregistered 09-01-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77800)
I am so tempted to fire you some linkedin pics of shell girls but nah!

Anyway, their interview process as you might have experienced is extremely tedious and laborious. Basically, it's because their HR is incompetent as f_uck. I had to keep emailing them to get my SRD sorted out. And they keep messing up loads of stuff, sending you wrong emails and not following up when they said they would.

There are several components during the SRD: E-tray exercise, group case, individual case, lunch followed by individual interview. They aren't hard but you will be constrained by time so you gotta think fast.

I didn't accept their offer tho, chose to join a real MAP, which I won't disclose because their salary offer wasn't good. Plus, Shell has very little openings now, and the most they can say is "you passed the SRD" but we will put you on hold (as always) for whatever position opens up. Lame as hell.

My friend also says the same thing about your portrayal of Shell ... Very wayang, a lot of politics etc.

thanks for sharing. in retrospect its a good thing they took their own sweet time and allow me to find a job first. dont think I can fit into this sort of environment where everyday is wayang preso do nothing.

also its very unethical of them to put grads through so much stress and time wasted on fancy ACs when they dont even have enough open position to fill in.

Unregistered 31-01-2016 09:49 PM

Whats the learning and developmental opportunities like for Singtel MAP? Any previous MAs care to share?

As for using it akin to a stepping stone, whats are the exit opportunities like after say working for 5 years in Singtel starting from an MA? Any issues transitioning to bigger MNCs?

Unregistered 02-02-2016 01:22 PM

Which bigger MNCs are you talking about?

Being in Singtel would not put you in good stead. Why should it? It is common knowledge that Singtel MAs are the rejects from these companies in the first place. Plus, these companies already have their own MA/MT and graduate programs.

Unregistered 02-02-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79060)
Whats the learning and developmental opportunities like for Singtel MAP? Any previous MAs care to share?

As for using it akin to a stepping stone, whats are the exit opportunities like after say working for 5 years in Singtel starting from an MA? Any issues transitioning to bigger MNCs?

Generally it is easy for global mnc exp to move into singtel or any other local co but very hard the other way round. For e.g. if you are a singtel manager go and apply as analyst in google maybe still got 10% chance, if want to lateral transfer to become manager in Google is almost impossible. Staff from the 3 local telcos tend to play musical chairs with each other and sometimes within other glcs, but very rare do they succeed in moving outside the system into mnc. Those who do so are usually younger staff within 2-3 years after graduating.

Unregistered 02-02-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79155)
Generally it is easy for global mnc exp to move into singtel or any other local co but very hard the other way round. For e.g. if you are a singtel manager go and apply as analyst in google maybe still got 10% chance, if want to lateral transfer to become manager in Google is almost impossible. Staff from the 3 local telcos tend to play musical chairs with each other and sometimes within other glcs, but very rare do they succeed in moving outside the system into mnc. Those who do so are usually younger staff within 2-3 years after graduating.

i do agree. i'm in the GLC and i know how easy it is to get in and how hard to get out. my advise is dont use GLC as a stepping board because it is simply useless. even if you just wanna jump to CS/PSD, it is quite difficult as well since 1) MNC 2) CS/PSD 3) GLC 4) SME. GLC doesnt manage nor operate like how an MNC does and neither does it have that competency compare to CS. to my observation, GLC people were quite sloppy and unprofessional less CAG/ JTC. it is a known at the back of all agencies

Unregistered 02-02-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79156)
i do agree. i'm in the GLC and i know how easy it is to get in and how hard to get out. my advise is dont use GLC as a stepping board because it is simply useless. even if you just wanna jump to CS/PSD, it is quite difficult as well since 1) MNC 2) CS/PSD 3) GLC 4) SME. GLC doesnt manage nor operate like how an MNC does and neither does it have that competency compare to CS. to my observation, GLC people were quite sloppy and unprofessional less CAG/ JTC. it is a known at the back of all agencies

Sadly this pecking order is the reality which the market operates. Even if you look at top management of GLC it is always parachute either scholars from public sector or directors from mnc. You almost never hear of any c-level executive in GLC move on to head a ministry or become senior manager in MNC.

Unregistered 03-02-2016 10:22 AM

Hi guys, interesting discussion here. I am a fresh grad also looking for my first job now with 2 interviews with glc in advanced stage now.

To be honest I think it is not fair some of you condem our own local companies and look up to foregin mnc instead. I believe some of our local companies like SIA, Keppel, Mapletree or Singtel are actually very well known overseas and just as big as the well known american or european mnc.

I firmly believe that our own career is decided by our attitude and willingness to learn. The others like mnc branding is just marketing that helps but not the key factor.

Unregistered 03-02-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79217)
I firmly believe that our own career is decided by our attitude and willingness to learn. The others like mnc branding is just marketing that helps but not the key factor.

Yes, I don't deny what you say is true.

But don't underestimate the importance of branding especially if you hope to swing around the corporate jungle. If you have been working for a while, it will be readily apparent that middle level execs from top MNCs are often brought in as C-suite executives (or very senior executives) to GLC/SMEs etc but it doesn't happen the other way around.

That is why people do management consultancy or IB for 2 years. It is for the branding and exit opportunities thereafter. McKinsey alums are very good examples of this.

Unregistered 03-02-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79217)
Hi guys, interesting discussion here. I am a fresh grad also looking for my first job now with 2 interviews with glc in advanced stage now.

To be honest I think it is not fair some of you condem our own local companies and look up to foregin mnc instead. I believe some of our local companies like SIA, Keppel, Mapletree or Singtel are actually very well known overseas and just as big as the well known american or european mnc.

I firmly believe that our own career is decided by our attitude and willingness to learn. The others like mnc branding is just marketing that helps but not the key factor.

since it is your first job, then go in and try. I used to blind myself after hearing comments and now i cant wait to exit. one has to go in and feel it themselves but firstly you have to work in a foreign MNC then you will be able to compare.

Unregistered 20-12-2016 09:35 PM

Singtel Management Associate Program 2016
 
Hi guys,

Anyone got a reply from Singtel already?
Attended the assessment center in early Nov 2016.

Freshieguy 09-01-2017 08:20 PM

Went for the panel interview today and got the offer in the evening. Anyone else?

Unregistered 13-01-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freshieguy (Post 93648)
Went for the panel interview today and got the offer in the evening. Anyone else?

I went for the panel interview on 9 Jan but havent heard from them yet

Unregistered 02-11-2019 08:00 PM

Singtel MAP 2019
 
Can anyone share what happens after the AC? Many in this forum & glassdoor say that there's a panel interview after AC but Singtel's website puts AC as the last stage. So is there a panel interview? If there is, is it just a get-to-know-you kind of interview? thanks

Unregistered 16-11-2019 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124645)
Can anyone share what happens after the AC? Many in this forum & glassdoor say that there's a panel interview after AC but Singtel's website puts AC as the last stage. So is there a panel interview? If there is, is it just a get-to-know-you kind of interview? thanks

Yup there is a final panel discussion round, I just went for mine today so I can be trusted. Anyway this final round is more like a "panel discussion" rather than an interview since you are in a room with over 20 other candidates. It felt like everyone who ended up there was going to get an offer (but not everyone was going to accept), and it was more for the the senior leaders to sell the company to you and also make some disclaimers to make sure you know what you're signing up for.

Unregistered 16-11-2019 02:27 AM

Do GLCs take into account your NS experience? What if I was a satki officer?

wowhahahoho 25-11-2019 09:45 AM

Anybody went for the AC on Friday gotten an offer already?

stttttttt 26-11-2019 11:26 AM

hmm
 
got assessment centre meh? they do it in waves?

Unrege 26-11-2019 12:26 PM

Yes AC
 
Yep there was an AC on Friday. Think it’s done in waves, since the Friday ac was “discovery day 4” in the email header they sent to us.

Anyone who went on fri heard back yet?

Unregistered 26-11-2019 01:50 PM

I see. My email doesn't mention what "day" my discovery day is :O

Anyways how was it? Approx how many ppl were there?

Thanks in advance haha.

wowhahahoho 26-11-2019 02:42 PM

Yes I just got a reply progressing me to the Panel Interview stage.
I went for the AC on Friday as well.

wowhahahoho 26-11-2019 02:43 PM

The HR told me the other day that there are 8 Discovery Days, the one on Friday was the 4th. There were about 20 people (4 Groups * 5 people each)


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2