Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Singtel Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4555-singtel-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 31-12-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195982)
Why all so hesitant to accept? THought this is top-tier company paying top salary.

lol cos ppl on leave brudder

happy new years mate

Unregistered 31-12-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196017)
lol cos ppl on leave brudder

happy new years mate

Happy new year to you too

Unregistered 31-12-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195883)
I am inclined to accepting a Big 4 accounting firm offer over singtel, though it pays $1k less. Don't feel excited by the work at Singtel.

2k less.. clown

Unregistered 31-12-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196021)
2k less.. clown

Still have better future than Singtel. Which other companies besides starhub and m1 needs yr telco skills in SG.

$2k less at the start but will be $2k more than u in 5 years.

Unregistered 31-12-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195988)
cos waiting for better offcer

I see. So singtel is your insurance/ backup choice. Well expected. You are very wise to wait for better a better co.

Unregistered 01-01-2022 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195982)
Why all so hesitant to accept? THought this is top-tier company paying top salary.

is accept already via email but the contract will take 2 weeks to arrive. not that i’m hesitant to accept

Unregistered 01-01-2022 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196055)
is accept already via email but the contract will take 2 weeks to arrive. not that i’m hesitant to accept

Borders opening up. Make the wise choice.
There will be more competition in future, think where will give you a better start and exp, not money.

Unregistered 01-01-2022 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196057)
Borders opening up. Make the wise choice.
There will be more competition in future, think where will give you a better start and exp, not money.

Thanks! Yes after much thought I decided to join Singtel :) Looking forward to starting there and meeting new friends.

Unregistered 01-01-2022 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196059)
Thanks! Yes after much thought I decided to join Singtel :) Looking forward to starting there and meeting new friends.

cheers congrats and see ya mate!

Unregistered 04-01-2022 10:39 AM

Attending the discovery day this week! Would appreciate any tips/ advice from any friends here :))

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:06 PM

Moving out soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196306)
Attending the discovery day this week! Would appreciate any tips/ advice from any friends here :))

Comcentre will be moving out soon…possible office will be upper Pickering street or Ang mo kio

Unregistered 04-01-2022 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196319)
Comcentre will be moving out soon…possible office will be upper Pickering street or Ang mo kio

Good. Comcentre is due for redevelopment.

Hopefully, nice new office building for us.

Unregistered 04-01-2022 05:11 PM

Quote:

I assume that you haven't attended the Behavioural Interview ya. Regarding the behavioural interview, do read up regarding the documents that they would have sent to you beforehand, even though they mentioned that it's used for the business simulation instead. Interviewers might check to see if you understand what's the strategic reset about, as well as the technologies that Singtel is looking to invest in.

Expect some questions which are related to why you want to join the company, as well as what technologies do you believe will help to improve Singtel / certain departments.

Regarding Business Simulation, honestly I think it's quite chill when you guys are initially exploring. I think what's important is to remember to give your input, and ensure that the team keeps progressing through the simulation. As it's lengthy, it's very easy to start slowing down or for you to zone out, which is a huge no no. My team comprised of 4 people, and only me and another teammate who were more verbal and contributed ideas got into the next round. Also note that the results of the simulation doesn't affect your grading, so it's more about your effort during the planning phase.

Regarding the eventual presentation, we were asked to present what went well and what didn't go so well. Tbh I feel that the assessment here was more about how well you could present, rather than the content itself.

You can also refer to glassdoor for more information as some people do post other interview questions that they had there.

All the best!

Unregistered 04-01-2022 09:34 PM

Quote:

received the offer for 2022, my advice is you rly need to ace the behavioral interview and really sell them on yourself, personally feel that this is the most important component! the biz simulation doesnt seem that impt by comparison. atb and hope to see you!

Unregistered 04-01-2022 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196319)

Hello where do you hear this from? As a staff I have not heard any news on moving out of Comcentre..

Unregistered 05-01-2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196432)
Hello where do you hear this from? As a staff I have not heard any news on moving out of Comcentre..

lol it's a troll

Unregistered 06-01-2022 10:33 AM

Biggest and best decision I made in 2018 was to reject the MA offer I had from Singtel.
Otherwise, I would have been stuck in a dilemma today like some of my friends - stale company, paltry compensation (well, not quite), lack of growth and job excitement.

My advice for many of you is to not treat MAs as a holy grail, be daring to seek out and even if you experience failures, know that you will be rewarded at some point. Of course, if you are really comfortable (be genuine to yourself) with a fairly decent comp from Singtel, then take it up and make the best out of it.

In hindsight, I was like many of you here kanchionging over all of the little details. Learn to not be so bogged down by all of this and take a look at the bigger picture. I wish all of you the very best!

FYI
2017: ~$3K
2018: ~$4K (SingTel offer i believe), took up a temp w/ no benefits for $6K
2019: ~$6K (took a paycut)
2020: ~$9K (promoted)
2021: Finally broke the elusive 5-digit monthly

Unregistered 06-01-2022 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196579)
Biggest and best decision I made in 2018 was to reject the MA offer I had from Singtel.
Otherwise, I would have been stuck in a dilemma today like some of my friends - stale company, paltry compensation (well, not quite), lack of growth and job excitement.

My advice for many of you is to not treat MAs as a holy grail, be daring to seek out and even if you experience failures, know that you will be rewarded at some point. Of course, if you are really comfortable (be genuine to yourself) with a fairly decent comp from Singtel, then take it up and make the best out of it.

In hindsight, I was like many of you here kanchionging over all of the little details. Learn to not be so bogged down by all of this and take a look at the bigger picture. I wish all of you the very best!

FYI

I would like to work for this company too if they pay 3k increments upon promotion.

Unregistered 06-01-2022 12:25 PM

anyone attended the final panel on 4th jan and received the outcome yet?

Unregistered 06-01-2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

FYI

Congrats! Can share the industry you are in without naming your employer.

Unregistered 06-01-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

FYI

strangely insightful information on a thread mostly filled w trolls lmao. thank you kind sir! will keep that in mind. happy 2022!

Unregistered 07-01-2022 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196654)
strangely insightful information on a thread mostly filled w trolls lmao. thank you kind sir! will keep that in mind. happy 2022!

If you buy that someone can treble his salary from 3k to 9k within 5 years you probably are stupid enough to have graduated from a trash paper mill like Kaplan.

Unregistered 07-01-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196703)
If you buy that someone can treble his salary from 3k to 9k within 5 years you probably are stupid enough to have graduated from a trash paper mill like Kaplan.

I am the original OP of that post. What may seem even more unbelievable is that 9K actually is only the base and my full year 2021 TC is actually in excess of $180K which is >$15K.

If I may add more salt to your wound, I have started my new role this year and will be getting >$250K. I wish you all the best in your career being such a shallow person, and I hope I never have to work with a douche like you.

Needless to say, you need to get your myopia fixed if you do not know where these opportunities reside in SG.

Unregistered 07-01-2022 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196704)
I am the original OP of that post. What may seem even more unbelievable is that 9K actually is only the base and my full year 2021 TC is actually in excess of $180K which is >$15K.

If I may add more salt to your wound, I have started my new role this year and will be getting >$250K. I wish you all the best in your career being such a shallow person, and I hope I never have to work with a douche like you.

Needless to say, you need to get your myopia fixed if you do not know where these opportunities reside in SG.

Cool story. I will be starting my new role this year too which will net me upwards of 500k. Looking forward to taking a dump on you if I ever see you in the workplace, though at least you can keep me entertained from time to time with tall tales :)

Unregistered 07-01-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Is there a change of function in between? Or it is largely a vertical promotion + switch of firm?

Don't need to be so aggro. I have a same starting pay and similar trajectory for subsequent progression. There is effort put in by me but I will say a large part of it is due to luck. Without it, it would have been a much gentler slope. Thinking back, I would not have expected such a trajectory would be possible on my first day of work if it didn't actually happen to me.

Unregistered 07-01-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196703)

It is doable... you are definitely new to the job landscape or living in your shell.

Btw, what can Singtel MAs expect after 5 years?

Unregistered 07-01-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196723)
It is doable... you are definitely new to the job landscape or living in your shell.

Btw, what can Singtel MAs expect after 5 years?

Look to move to another zombie Sinkie company most likely.

The better ones maybe can try for something like Grab.

Unregistered 07-01-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

this is real. i am his boss. i paid him $250k Ruppiah.

i also started a new role this year as his boss again and will be getting >500k.

Unregistered 10-01-2022 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194912)
anyone know whether this year isit the same? i.e. the final panelist are all mostly going to be offered?

Hello, how was your final panel interview?

How many interviewers were there?

Unregistered 10-01-2022 04:41 PM

people who got offered, how long did it take for them to get back to you after the final panel?

Unregistered 10-01-2022 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197079)
people who got offered, how long did it take for them to get back to you after the final panel?

about one day after final panel received offer via email

final panel had group CFO, one director, and talent management HR

Unregistered 10-01-2022 05:30 PM

how many candidates were there in your final panel interview?

Unregistered 10-01-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197087)
how many candidates were there in your final panel interview?

i think like 5 or 6? i think had more than one slot per day as well.

Unregistered 11-01-2022 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197109)
i think like 5 or 6? i think had more than one slot per day as well.

Am I right that the interviewer will ask a question and each candidate takes turns to answer?

Unregistered 11-01-2022 10:26 AM

Has anyone received the proper contract to be signed already?

Unregistered 11-01-2022 11:32 AM

Panel Interview

How long did it take after discovery day to receive panel interview ? Anyone can advise ?

Unregistered 11-01-2022 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197151)
Am I right that the interviewer will ask a question and each candidate takes turns to answer?

yes but really nth much to worry about for this part, just be yourself will do

Unregistered 11-01-2022 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197155)
Has anyone received the proper contract to be signed already?

lol nope, they taking their own sweet time

Unregistered 11-01-2022 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197161)
How long did it take after discovery day to receive panel interview ? Anyone can advise ?

Less than a week for sure, if after two weeks no news i think you can move on alr

Unregistered 11-01-2022 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197168)
yes but really nth much to worry about for this part, just be yourself will do

Thank you, appreciate your advice