Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Singtel Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4555-singtel-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

offered 18-12-2019 10:48 AM

higher than banks MAP/GTP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126949)
is it true that the starting salary is only 3k+ for this?
Thinking if its worth the effort to go down for final round

it's high 4 for MAP and low 5 for SMAP for the 2020 intake
hope this helps!

Unregistered 18-12-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127200)
Anyone got offered already from Thursdays panel interview?

yes, i know quite a few (including myself) who went for the thursday (12.12) panel interview and got offered within 3 days

Unregistered 18-12-2019 10:55 AM

Discovery Day

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126105)
Hopefully i get to join yall haha. Will update once i complete the 2nd round.
Btw, on a scale of 1-10, how important is the revision link that singtel sends before the discovery day?
And also, will be nice if those who have went for DD can share abit on the experience :)

probably a 3 out of 10? it's slightly useful for discovery day where you are given a business case and need to do forecasts of financial statements and propose a strategy etc. but then basic financial knowledge is sufficient since they are really assessing how you perform as a team and all the behavioural/situational stuff (as well as communication and leadership skills)

Tech 20-12-2019 10:27 AM

Technical track

Anybody going for the technical track?
Also, as someone who has minimal technical background is it advisable to take up the challenge?

Unregistered 24-12-2019 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127294)
yes, i know quite a few (including myself) who went for the thursday (12.12) panel interview and got offered within 3 days

Did you accept? Heard the culture in singtel is horrible.. very hard to climb and got ppl quitting even before the completion of the 2 year MA program..

Unregistered 31-12-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127497)
Did you accept? Heard the culture in singtel is horrible.. very hard to climb and got ppl quitting even before the completion of the 2 year MA program..

thats what im worried abt zzz they tryna be tech company but got alot of old ppl inside and hard to change the mindset. still feels like stat board d

Unregistered 01-01-2020 01:23 PM

Glassdoor shows 4.3k.... That's not exactly fantastic

Unregistered 03-01-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127716)
Glassdoor shows 4.3k.... That's not exactly fantastic

this year is 4.6k

Unregistered 03-01-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127497)

dont accept, so can give you the extra spot ah??

Unregistered 08-01-2020 08:45 AM

To be honest, If you can tahan Wayang + backstabbing daily parties, like a stable job and be comfortable with working for a government organization (the culture very much like SAF for all you guys out there), go ahead and join.

$4.6k - $5k not much actually when you calculate the additional hours you are putting in (working til 9 plus thrice a week?) and working on weekends to make the project work. Besides, what do you think your value is to another organization in the future? Also, Singtel is notorious in the market for people with toxic work culture...

Just my two cents, I was formerly in MAP... I know a former colleague who is still there and she got even more irritating over the years (from what I heard).