Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Singtel Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4555-singtel-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 11-03-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207552)
This looks very good sia. Can potentially be an executive after 7 years.

Top performers only.

Unregistered 11-03-2022 03:36 PM

the GCEO also mentioned that out of the 25 ppl present a few days ago, they expect 10% or 2 ppl in the room to stay on throughout and reach top executive level ie. their retention is about 10% across 7-10 years for MAs.

food for thought - do they airdrop ppl into executive positions from outside bc internal MAs keep leaving? or do MAs leave bc they keep airdropping ppl? we will never know the real answer

Unregistered 11-03-2022 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207557)
the GCEO also mentioned that out of the 25 ppl present a few days ago, they expect 10% or 2 ppl in the room to stay on throughout and reach top executive level ie. their retention is about 10% across 7-10 years for MAs.

food for thought - do they airdrop ppl into executive positions from outside bc internal MAs keep leaving? or do MAs leave bc they keep airdropping ppl? we will never know the real answer

Errm I think it's because MAs leave the organization before the 7-10 years of MA. I mean you don't really see many people staying for such a long period of time in a single organization.

Unregistered 11-03-2022 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207557)

Please stop divulging confidential company information.

- Moon

Unregistered 11-03-2022 05:12 PM

Wait, I don't get it. Why would MAs leave if potentially in the future (after 7 years), you can become executive level leaders if you perform well?

Unregistered 11-03-2022 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207586)
Wait, I don't get it. Why would MAs leave if potentially in the future (after 7 years), you can become executive level leaders if you perform well?

Maybe you know you won't be hitting it? Or you have other push pull factors?

Unregistered 11-03-2022 05:18 PM

to be honest. Most of the MA program , no matter which organisation, is just a way for the management to discover young talents who have the potential to be given responsibility at a younger age instead of grinding all the way up the organisation

Unfortunately, not everyone who got offered an MA position, will eventually be good enuf to take on that executive role. If they don’t see that potential in you, they would just drop u to an department and u grind your way up like a normal employee

MA is to discover talents . Not to give u a safe air ticket to management position before 30

Unregistered 11-03-2022 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahxxx (Post 207545)
The progression timeline shared at the CEO session:

Complete MAP: end of 2 years

Talent poll: 3rd-5th years

Executive (E1-E3):4th to 7th year

Top Executive (E4 and above): 7th year and beyond

the time horizon is a bit vague, take it with a pinch of salt

Major bag alert

Unregistered 11-03-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahxxx (Post 207545)
The progression timeline shared at the CEO session:

Complete MAP: end of 2 years

Talent poll: 3rd-5th years

Executive (E1-E3):4th to 7th year

Top Executive (E4 and above): 7th year and beyond

the time horizon is a bit vague, take it with a pinch of salt

I have a Singtel friend from their MA program.
At his 10th mark, he is only earning 160K pa

He is damn high calibre type, I think he could have make more if he didnt stay in Singtel throughout his career

Unregistered 11-03-2022 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207606)
I have a Singtel friend from their MA program.
At his 10th mark, he is only earning 160K pa

He is damn high calibre type, I think he could have make more if he didnt stay in Singtel throughout his career

Damn high calibre then why go singtel? u sure or not.