Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Standard Chartered International Graduate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4553-standard-chartered-international-graduate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 01-12-2014 10:03 PM

s://.wikijob.co.uk/forum/investment-banking-financial-services/standard-chartered-bank-2015-graduate-programme-0

Unregistered 02-12-2014 12:49 PM

is the SCB program or Exxon grad scheme better? which one harder to get in?

Unregistered 12-12-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samtanjw (Post 57469)
I just completed my Video Interview 2 weeks ago and still awaiting news.
Anyone heard anything after the video yet?

Was checking out some Nigerian forum on the same and guys are saying they've started receiving regret mails on their video interviews...I'm yet to get mine though. Still hopefull

Unregistered 12-12-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59961)
Was checking out some Nigerian forum on the same and guys are saying they've started receiving regret mails on their video interviews...I'm yet to get mine though. Still hopefull

hello, i think different countries have different timelines...

favorbychrist 14-12-2014 03:42 PM

about the Standard chartered international graduate program, video interview etc

Hey you guys? Judging by the ".sg" I'm assuming you're applications were done for the Singapore post. I applied for I.G in Kenya. Still no word yet on my status after the video interview which I did exactly 2 months ago. I do, however, have a Nigerian friend who got an invite, on the 12th, after his video interview to do a phone interview.
Hope alive I guess...

Unregistered 14-12-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by favorbychrist (Post 60040)
Hey you guys? Judging by the ".sg" I'm assuming you're applications were done for the Singapore post. I applied for I.G in Kenya. Still no word yet on my status after the video interview which I did exactly 2 months ago. I do, however, have a Nigerian friend who got an invite, on the 12th, after his video interview to do a phone interview.
Hope alive I guess...

I applied for IG in Antartica. Haven't got any reply yet.

Your friend must be a Nigerian prince to be invited for interview so early.

Unregistered 15-12-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60045)
I applied for IG in Antartica. Haven't got any reply yet.

Your friend must be a Nigerian prince to be invited for interview so early.

don't be so snarky...

"Antarctica" btw.

Unregistered 16-12-2014 11:32 AM

UOTE=Unregistered;59569]is the SCB program or Exxon grad scheme better? which one harder to get in?[/QUOTE]

You should go for SCB if possible. Everyone knows banking offer better pay and progression than any other industry. Exxon although also famous not as big as international banks or better brand in CV.

Unregistered 16-12-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60099)
UOTE=Unregistered;59569]is the SCB program or Exxon grad scheme better? which one harder to get in?

You should go for SCB if possible. Everyone knows banking offer better pay and progression than any other industry. Exxon although also famous not as big as international banks or better brand in CV.[/QUOTE]

Haha do u actually know anything or just shooting off the hip?

Exxon is 4-5 times the size of SCB in revenue, profit and market value. Exxon competes for grads with the likes of Shell, Google, Microsoft, MBB trio etc. Their banking equivalent is JPM and Goldman.

A commercial UK/SG based bank that is currently in financial trouble is not a relevant comparison with Exxon honestly.

Unregistered 16-12-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60111)
You should go for SCB if possible. Everyone knows banking offer better pay and progression than any other industry. Exxon although also famous not as big as international banks or better brand in CV.

Haha do u actually know anything or just shooting off the hip?

Exxon is 4-5 times the size of SCB in revenue, profit and market value. Exxon competes for grads with the likes of Shell, Google, Microsoft, MBB trio etc. Their banking equivalent is JPM and Goldman.

A commercial UK/SG based bank that is currently in financial trouble is not a relevant comparison with Exxon honestly.[/QUOTE]

All of them would fail, including some of the major oil n gas without the govt intervention.
Interventionism leads to more malinvestment which would require more intervention