DBS Management Associate Program 2015 - Page 183 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




DBS Management Associate Program 2015

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1821 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2020, 01:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And while we’re at that we can also get the techies to do financial modeling and forecast project budgets, create go-to-market strategies for digibank in a new Indian city, and market their new digiPortfolio product here in SG!
Don't make it sound damn hard please, just because you went to school and learnt a bit of excel.

The fact of the matter is: Those skills were more prized twenty years ago when not many had an education. These days anyone can learn them easily, even online! The barriers of entry to education have shifted as such.

Reply With Quote
  #1822 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2020, 04:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't make it sound damn hard please, just because you went to school and learnt a bit of excel.

The fact of the matter is: Those skills were more prized twenty years ago when not many had an education. These days anyone can learn them easily, even online! The barriers of entry to education have shifted as such.
lmao. by your logic the same could be said of any post-secondary discipline/training. I didn't say anything about "it" being damn hard, and by "it" I'm assuming you're referring to post-grad education. I was just saying that techies are not know-it-all and it's not just about merely "improving systems".

btw, if you're doubting the relevance/credibility of tertiary education what are you doing here being concerned and commenting on DBS' postgraduate program?

Reply With Quote
  #1823 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2020, 11:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lmao. by your logic the same could be said of any post-secondary discipline/training. I didn't say anything about "it" being damn hard, and by "it" I'm assuming you're referring to post-grad education. I was just saying that techies are not know-it-all and it's not just about merely "improving systems".

btw, if you're doubting the relevance/credibility of tertiary education what are you doing here being concerned and commenting on DBS' postgraduate program?
stfu pretentious ****

Reply With Quote
  #1824 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2020, 07:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
lmao. by your logic the same could be said of any post-secondary discipline/training. I didn't say anything about "it" being damn hard, and by "it" I'm assuming you're referring to post-grad education. I was just saying that techies are not know-it-all and it's not just about merely "improving systems".

btw, if you're doubting the relevance/credibility of tertiary education what are you doing here being concerned and commenting on DBS' postgraduate program?
Frankly speaking, I'm not even sure if an MBA grad has much advantage over a fresh grad who has done multiple internships in finance, apart from maybe a few years of work experience in an unrelated field.

The MBA premium in Asia is simply not there compared to the US. Employers don't want to pay you money simply because you went to biz school. Hope people can come to terms with this. They are willing to make you an offer, but you have to go in and prove your worth before you get a pay rise.

Why would any company pay you 10k right off the bat?
Reply With Quote
  #1825 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2020, 09:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Frankly speaking, I'm not even sure if an MBA grad has much advantage over a fresh grad who has done multiple internships in finance, apart from maybe a few years of work experience in an unrelated field.

The MBA premium in Asia is simply not there compared to the US. Employers don't want to pay you money simply because you went to biz school. Hope people can come to terms with this. They are willing to make you an offer, but you have to go in and prove your worth before you get a pay rise.

Why would any company pay you 10k right off the bat?
Then DBS should not intoduce such a program by only selecting MBA with 3+ yrs exp; bachelor degree with internships suffices, so can defin pay lower.

MBAs know their values btw.
Reply With Quote
  #1826 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2020, 10:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Then DBS should not intoduce such a program by only selecting MBA with 3+ yrs exp; bachelor degree with internships suffices, so can defin pay lower.

MBAs know their values btw.
Precisely, that guy is just bitter he doesn't have an MBA
Reply With Quote

  #1827 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Then DBS should not intoduce such a program by only selecting MBA with 3+ yrs exp; bachelor degree with internships suffices, so can defin pay lower.

MBAs know their values btw.
Told you already, they hire MBAs to give them a chance. But the MBAs have to go in and prove their worth before asking for more money. It's that simple.

Your MBA, if considered in isolation, is not worth a whole lot, unless it is from a top-ranked business school where employers compete to get the best-of-the-best.

Value, as you learnt in corporate finance class, is a subjective concept, dependent on many factors and assumptions (including the current abysmal state of the economy).
Reply With Quote
  #1828 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2020, 03:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Precisely, that guy is just bitter he doesn't have an MBA
There are many things one can be bitter about, such as getting a sub par PSLE score or receiving poor O level grades. But lacking an MBA seldom falls into this category.
Reply With Quote
  #1829 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2020, 11:42 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 168
sinkingfeeling is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are many things one can be bitter about, such as getting a sub par PSLE score or receiving poor O level grades. But lacking an MBA seldom falls into this category.
I am bitter that I CMI at PSLE and O levels, compared to my ex classmates who now easily hold 2-3 degrees (including MBAs) with actual value and work in well paying jobs

So it's not mutually exclusive
Reply With Quote
  #1830 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2020, 11:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Told you already, they hire MBAs to give them a chance. But the MBAs have to go in and prove their worth before asking for more money. It's that simple.

Your MBA, if considered in isolation, is not worth a whole lot, unless it is from a top-ranked business school where employers compete to get the best-of-the-best.

Value, as you learnt in corporate finance class, is a subjective concept, dependent on many factors and assumptions (including the current abysmal state of the economy).
so short-sighted, wow, ppl be careful lol

when u r recruiting mbas n promising a competitive salary, turn out it's a lowball and say "oh we give u a chance, degree doesn't do u a favour, ya, now u just worth that much"

WOW
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Q: Management Associate at SGX Saab Income and Jobs 92 03-06-2020 05:02 PM
Insurance Management Associate Program (IMAP) Cron Income and Jobs 60 29-05-2020 07:56 PM
2015 OCBC Postgraduate MA Program Neimar Income and Jobs 49 19-11-2014 12:08 PM
Management Associate Program hexengeist Income and Jobs 0 05-09-2013 01:40 PM
Dive Management Associate Program Rickykoh Marketplace and Find Work 0 20-01-2013 01:30 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
767 Replies, 232,808 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
720 Replies, 360,492 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,963 Replies, 2,908,115 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,574 Replies, 5,797,219 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
78 Replies, 117,125 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
218 Replies, 215,776 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,373 Replies, 1,971,931 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
401 Replies, 216,173 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,515 Replies, 1,068,040 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,376 Replies, 950,265 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
120 Replies, 27,788 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,992 Replies, 3,799,734 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
76 Replies, 5,584 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,090 Replies, 1,310,760 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
128 Replies, 22,473 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,817 Replies, 1,699,679 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,119 Replies, 520,478 Views
Software developers salary outlier
9 Replies, 1,641 Views
technical role in pharmaceutical...
8 Replies, 2,300 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
264 Replies, 172,491 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
397 Replies, 261,443 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,625 Replies, 1,324,500 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
137 Replies, 128,276 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,984 Replies, 1,126,366 Views
Finding freelance web developer...
2 Replies, 395 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 1,819 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
151 Replies, 18,067 Views
How much do you need to retire...
8 Replies, 894 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,757 Replies, 817,924 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2