Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

DBS Management Associate Program 2015

Old 06-07-2020, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Got offered. They were kind to me! Wore low cut show neh neh big big during their interview. They did not grill me at all. Only ask me about my personal life. Total them about my se-x life and bingo offered me 10k
Congratulations! You do sound like the kind of profile that they're looking to hire for this EMAP, and the pay range they're targeting.

I'm sure you'll be able to excel at this role and your personality will fit perfectly!

Old 06-07-2020, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Got offered. They were kind to me! Wore low cut show neh neh big big during their interview. They did not grill me at all. Only ask me about my personal life. Total them about my se-x life and bingo offered me 10k
You are funny dude!
And have a lot of free time

Old 06-07-2020, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You should be IP banned. I see you on every thread doing this nonsense day in day out.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
10k for your ass?
Old 06-07-2020, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
There was quite a few in this forum that mentioned about the dog eat dog ranking system among MA. It will be quite bad if not ranked among the top or worse underperforming among the bottom few.

I understand your perspective. I might not join too if that’s the case. MBA here too. Have another offer from JP as well. But I am in the position that I have done so much with so much effort to get this offer. Kind of do not want to waste the effort as well. Kind of regret even applying for this program now that I have to face this dilemma.

Which track are you from. How much did they offer you?????
Totally understand your concerns, but I think sunk cost is inevitable during job hunting, particularly in 2020. I take DBS as my back up option, didn't work much for the interviews and tests, so that might make it easier for me to say so - but JP is the no brainer choice for me if I were in your position, despite any efforts I have wasted. Just think, if you fell out of EMAP, it might be unlikely to join JP but I bet DBS is willing to interview an ex-JP.

I got another 2 offers from elite firms, buy-side, not in Singapore, ~15% higher than DBS package. Though I can expect fierce competition and painstaking struggling there, I decide to join. One thing is that you can't guarantee a better environment in DBS - from my interview experience, I highly doubt so.

Second point is, just as another MBA mentioned above, if they disdained to spend time on you during interviews, you can't expect more in the following EMAP track. Also, I prefer to work with people who share similar perspectives and experiences, aka understand the value of top MBA and international mobility.

I don't have any bias of DBS - as said it's my back up option and I didn't delve into it pretty much. Just from my experiences, it might not be the best value of your talents and ambition if you aim to, and are capable, to be a high achiever.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
congrats for the multiple offers! tbh, as an MBA I also didn't think very highly of them after this entire experience:

1. 75% of their interview process was standardised and placed no emphasis/desire to understand u as an individual on a deeper and more personal level. if they're not even willing to make the effort to do that, it's unlikely that they'd do that to groom, mentor and develop u when u join them.

2. Before the panel, hr called and provided a list of 6 key projects/teams for me to choose from on the spot. I was told that I may not be assigned to a project of my choice and that this would be my "home" for the entire EMAP. I remember being disappointed at the lack of mobility and progression.

3. there's an obvious lack of diversity, a key ingredient to drive innovation, which is crucial for banks to thrive in this era of razor-thin interest margins. my panel comprised entirely of Singaporeans who've stayed at the bank for 20+ years and most, if not all, without a masters or MBA. now I don't want to sound elitist, but how are you gonna understand and satisfy the development needs of a group of ambitious, overachieving graduates?

4. my panel was arrogant as well. even after grilling me for almost 80mins, when it was my turn to finally ask questions, they answered my questions by asking me back more questions. this shows how much they valued my concerns. throughout the session, a few of the more senior interviewers even said things along the likes of "oh u should've done this, u should've thought that or u should've said that".

I hope what I've just shared would be useful for those with the luxury of choice. I am in no way a troll or a DBS-hater, just sharing my experience the way I felt/observed. cheers.
I understand your perspective. I might not join too if that’s the case. MBA here too. Have another offer from JP as well. But I am in the position that I have done so much with so much effort to get this offer. Kind of do not want to waste the effort as well. Kind of regret even applying for this program now that I have to face this dilemma.

Which track are you from. How much did they offer you?????[/QUOTE]

Totally understand your concerns, but I think sunk cost is inevitable during job hunting, particularly in 2020. I take DBS as my back up option, didn't work much for the interviews and tests, so that might make it easier for me to say so - but JP is the no brainer choice for me if I were in your position, despite any efforts I have wasted. Just think, if you fell out of EMAP, it might be unlikely to join JP but I bet DBS is willing to interview an ex-JP.

I got another 2 offers from elite firms, buy-side, not in Singapore, ~15% higher than DBS package. Though I can expect fierce competition and painstaking struggling there, I decide to join. One thing is that you can't guarantee a better environment in DBS - from my interview experience, I highly doubt so.

Second point is, just as another MBA mentioned above, if they disdained to spend time on you during interviews, you can't expect more in the following EMAP track. Also, I prefer to work with people who share similar perspectives and experiences, aka understand the value of top MBA and international mobility.

I don't have any bias of DBS - as said it's my back up option and I didn't delve into it pretty much. Just from my experiences, it might not be the best value of your talents and ambition if you aim to, and are capable, to be a high achiever.

Old 06-07-2020, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

I don't have any bias of DBS - as said it's my back up option and I didn't delve into it pretty much. Just from my experiences, it might not be the best value of your talents and ambition if you aim to, and are capable, to be a high achiever.[/QUOTE]

Hey. Another MA wannabe here. I have an offer from credit Suisse. Should I also not take the DBS offer? Both are grad programs.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

I don't have any bias of DBS - as said it's my back up option and I didn't delve into it pretty much. Just from my experiences, it might not be the best value of your talents and ambition if you aim to, and are capable, to be a high achiever.[/QUOTE]

Hey. Looking for sincere advise. I have another grad program offer from credit Suisse & an offer from this emap programme. Which should I choose?
Old 06-07-2020, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Hello everyone!
Old 06-07-2020, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
congrats for the multiple offers! tbh, as an MBA I also didn't think very highly of them after this entire experience:

1. 75% of their interview process was standardised and placed no emphasis/desire to understand u as an individual on a deeper and more personal level. if they're not even willing to make the effort to do that, it's unlikely that they'd do that to groom, mentor and develop u when u join them.

2. Before the panel, hr called and provided a list of 6 key projects/teams for me to choose from on the spot. I was told that I may not be assigned to a project of my choice and that this would be my "home" for the entire EMAP. I remember being disappointed at the lack of mobility and progression.

3. there's an obvious lack of diversity, a key ingredient to drive innovation, which is crucial for banks to thrive in this era of razor-thin interest margins. my panel comprised entirely of Singaporeans who've stayed at the bank for 20+ years and most, if not all, without a masters or MBA. now I don't want to sound elitist, but how are you gonna understand and satisfy the development needs of a group of ambitious, overachieving graduates?

4. my panel was arrogant as well. even after grilling me for almost 80mins, when it was my turn to finally ask questions, they answered my questions by asking me back more questions. this shows how much they valued my concerns. throughout the session, a few of the more senior interviewers even said things along the likes of "oh u should've done this, u should've thought that or u should've said that".

I hope what I've just shared would be useful for those with the luxury of choice. I am in no way a troll or a DBS-hater, just sharing my experience the way I felt/observed. cheers.
Agree on every point you have made.

They should have improved the interview process if they are genuinely dedicated to hiring good guys. You can't treat a veteran-like candidate as a fresh postgrad by asking some cliche campus interview questions. One interviewer even laughed scornfully for one behavioral question I answered - I was this close to stop and ask what made it so funny. Just think they were not acting quite professionally or genuinely.