Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

DBS Management Associate Program 2015

Old 06-07-2020, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone. I too have an offer @ credit Suisse vs emap. Both grad programme. Which should I accept?
grad programme? EMAP is postgrad so gtfo with your trolling

Old 06-07-2020, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Totally understand your concerns, but I think sunk cost is inevitable during job hunting, particularly in 2020. I take DBS as my back up option, didn't work much for the interviews and tests, so that might make it easier for me to say so - but JP is the no brainer choice for me if I were in your position, despite any efforts I have wasted. Just think, if you fell out of EMAP, it might be unlikely to join JP but I bet DBS is willing to interview an ex-JP.

I got another 2 offers from elite firms, buy-side, not in Singapore, ~15% higher than DBS package. Though I can expect fierce competition and painstaking struggling there, I decide to join. One thing is that you can't guarantee a better environment in DBS - from my interview experience, I highly doubt so.

Second point is, just as another MBA mentioned above, if they disdained to spend time on you during interviews, you can't expect more in the following EMAP track. Also, I prefer to work with people who share similar perspectives and experiences, aka understand the value of top MBA and international mobility.

I don't have any bias of DBS - as said it's my back up option and I didn't delve into it pretty much. Just from my experiences, it might not be the best value of your talents and ambition if you aim to, and are capable, to be a high achiever.
Are you from markets track?[/QUOTE]

The markets panel interviewers were really kind and understanding in my case. Don't think they were condescending in any way... so maybe IBG?

Old 06-07-2020, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
grad programme? EMAP is postgrad so gtfo with your trolling
Your father die.... mother die....

Old 07-07-2020, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Your father die.... mother die....
Back at you cunt
Old 07-07-2020, 05:01 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Totally understand your concerns, but I think sunk cost is inevitable during job hunting, particularly in 2020. I take DBS as my back up option, didn't work much for the interviews and tests, so that might make it easier for me to say so - but JP is the no brainer choice for me if I were in your position, despite any efforts I have wasted. Just think, if you fell out of EMAP, it might be unlikely to join JP but I bet DBS is willing to interview an ex-JP.

I got another 2 offers from elite firms, buy-side, not in Singapore, ~15% higher than DBS package. Though I can expect fierce competition and painstaking struggling there, I decide to join. One thing is that you can't guarantee a better environment in DBS - from my interview experience, I highly doubt so.

Second point is, just as another MBA mentioned above, if they disdained to spend time on you during interviews, you can't expect more in the following EMAP track. Also, I prefer to work with people who share similar perspectives and experiences, aka understand the value of top MBA and international mobility.

I don't have any bias of DBS - as said it's my back up option and I didn't delve into it pretty much. Just from my experiences, it might not be the best value of your talents and ambition if you aim to, and are capable, to be a high achiever.
I am impressed that you are willing to spend so much time writing a pseudo-serious reply just to devalue DBS... i feel like you should probably focus your efforts elsewhere unless you are trying to make people reject DBS so that you can get a spot.[/QUOTE]

wow...I am also impressed that you have such seedy mindset which is beyond my knowledge. And if in your value system, a bank spot is worth playing tacky tricks for, I feel sorry for you - not everyone is struggling on the same level, try to explore the world.

For those who have multiple offers, congrats, and if you are wavering, I think the best way is to talk to someone senior in the industry and listen to their advice. If you have close connections that work in these firms, ask them for their pro/cons, far more credible than comments from some Unregistered users.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

I find it highly unbelievable that a person like you, who is supposedly treating DBS as a back up option, is motivated enough to constantly refresh the salary.sg forum and respond to Unregistered Users. If you have already accepted the other better offer, what are you still doing here? Why are you still following this thread? What is your motive? To check if anyone congratulated you on your other offers or to find opportunities to add to your humble brag?

If you ask me, it is just a personal vendetta to continuously put down DBS and get others to reject it so that you might get a spot. If you really think it is just a lousy grad programme with no value, you wouldn’t be here constantly refreshing this thread. It is pretty obvious that you have your own ulterior motives doing what you are doing now.

Looking forward to your next essay but i will NOT be rejecting the offer no matter how you try to make it seem like DBS is a second rate bank. I respect your attempt to make your “offer” and “dilemma” sound genuine but I hope other users have also caught on to your malicious attempts to continuously devalue DBS.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

wow...I am also impressed that you have such seedy mindset which is beyond my knowledge. And if in your value system, a bank spot is worth playing tacky tricks for, I feel sorry for you - not everyone is struggling on the same level, try to explore the world.

For those who have multiple offers, congrats, and if you are wavering, I think the best way is to talk to someone senior in the industry and listen to their advice. If you have close connections that work in these firms, ask them for their pro/cons, far more credible than comments from some Unregistered users.
U sound so pretentious? Insuniating that others are not as experienced and well travelled as you? Get off your high horse!
Old 07-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Back at you cunt
Your mum impregnate by dogs to born you. So your father is a dog.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Your mum impregnate by dogs to born you. So your father is a dog.
Your mum worse, she is a dog... so you r literally a son of a bitch
Old 07-07-2020, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Offered here & accepted. $5300. Local mba. 6 years experience

It may seem low for mba & exp but I could not find a job elsewhere upon graduating.

I agreed with some other & too feel that it is not a good program. Decided to take it first & quit when there are other offers since there is no bond for this program.

Earn a few months salary is better than staying at home doing nothing.