Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Salary Negotiation (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4508-salary-negotiation.html)

villan 29-09-2014 09:10 PM

Salary Negotiation

Hi All,

May I know what is the market rate for a Senior Analyst (Planning & Analysis) position in an MNC for someone with 3 years experience.

Is it a must and norm to negotiate for higher salary? How much more?

Thanks.

Unregistered 29-09-2014 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villan (Post 57040)
Hi All,

May I know what is the market rate for a Senior Analyst (Planning & Analysis) position in an MNC for someone with 3 years experience.

Is it a must and norm to negotiate for higher salary? How much more?

Thanks.

Depends on what sort of analysis in what industry. Basic can range from 40k - 180k.

villan 29-09-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57056)
Depends on what sort of analysis in what industry. Basic can range from 40k - 180k.

Sales and Planning Analysis. Transport industry. US MNC.

Degree holder with 3 yrs exp. I've been offered basic of 60k.

Is the offer respectable? Should I negotiate?

Unregistered 30-09-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villan (Post 57058)
Sales and Planning Analysis. Transport industry. US MNC.

Degree holder with 3 yrs exp. I've been offered basic of 60k.

Is the offer respectable? Should I negotiate?

60k is around market as Sales planning analysis is what most people call Tier0/1 data processing, so you can't expect much higher especially transport industry usually runs on pretty tight margins.

How much is the total package including all bonus and allowance?

villan 30-09-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57093)
60k is around market as Sales planning analysis is what most people call Tier0/1 data processing, so you can't expect much higher especially transport industry usually runs on pretty tight margins.

How much is the total package including all bonus and allowance?

Thanks for your reply.

Bonus approx. 2 mths. No additional allowance.
I think this offer was made to match my current remuneration. Approx 2% increment only. Considering that I will be getting an increment of 5% and bonus in Jan, should I negotiate for a higher basic? If yes, how much more ?

Unregistered 30-09-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villan (Post 57096)
Thanks for your reply.

Bonus approx. 2 mths. No additional allowance.
I think this offer was made to match my current remuneration. Approx 2% increment only. Considering that I will be getting an increment of 5% and bonus in Jan, should I negotiate for a higher basic? If yes, how much more ?

Well you can always try your luck to push for a bit more, but if they kinda offer only to match, they probably wont give you too much, maybe another 5% more at most.

The most relevant thing is do you find the job interesting, offer you opportunities to develop your career? If the job itself does not really appeal to you, it seems quite pointless to jump even if they offer you another 5% on top.

villan 30-09-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57102)
Well you can always try your luck to push for a bit more, but if they kinda offer only to match, they probably wont give you too much, maybe another 5% more at most.

The most relevant thing is do you find the job interesting, offer you opportunities to develop your career? If the job itself does not really appeal to you, it seems quite pointless to jump even if they offer you another 5% on top.

You are right, I am inclined to take up the offer...but obviously I wouldn't mind a couple of hundreds more.
just wondering if its the norm to negotiate an offer...or will it be frown upon