Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career Progression (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4457-career-progression.html)

JLMJ 18-09-2014 01:50 PM

Career Progression

Hi all, I am new to this forum but I had gathered useful information through this site. And so I wish to seek help from experienced individuals out there.

I am a fresh graduate without any relevant exp & has average results. I was being offered a position as personal financial consultant at a bank. I am just wondering what all of you think about this position and if anyone knows what is the career progression like (including the salary progression)?

Thanks in advance.

Unregistered 18-09-2014 04:00 PM

that is like an RM role?

Unregistered 18-09-2014 04:30 PM

Basically is just selling insurance products.

Unregistered 18-09-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLMJ (Post 56594)
Hi all, I am new to this forum but I had gathered useful information through this site. And so I wish to seek help from experienced individuals out there.

I am a fresh graduate without any relevant exp & has average results. I was being offered a position as personal financial consultant at a bank. I am just wondering what all of you think about this position and if anyone knows what is the career progression like (including the salary progression)?

Thanks in advance.

i can only say that if you are determined to work hard and excel in a sales role, you can earn and climb up fast. Banks determine performance by sales transactions and exp. So given two- three yrs, you can be able to promote with high salary increment and commission.

Unregistered 18-09-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56608)
i can only say that if you are determined to work hard and excel in a sales role, you can earn and climb up fast. Banks determine performance by sales transactions and exp. So given two- three yrs, you can be able to promote with high salary increment and commission.

Do you know if it is possible to progress from personal financial consultant into compliance area in a bank?

Unregistered 18-09-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56601)
that is like an RM role?

+1 sales agent. Glamour name personal banker, most glamourous name (by dbs) is called rm

Unregistered 19-09-2014 05:58 PM

Just a typical entry level sales exec job with a fancy title...

Unregistered 19-09-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLMJ (Post 56594)

Thanks in advance.

If you are young, it is good to go into such a dog eat dog world and understand what the rule world is like.

We have been taught to be exam smart in school. There is no better place than in this kind of job to learn to be street smart.

After which, you can join the real corporate world and play the office politices to get to the top.

Unregistered 20-09-2014 12:04 AM

jus a sales guy. if wan sell insurance in bank, i rather u join those insurance agencies and concentrate fully on selling insurance. n i have very bad impression of sales ppl from the banks... even insurance agents says that the sales guys from banks are unethical.

for insurance agents, their salary is amazing IF you make it to the top 20%. I know fresh grads who earn close to 10k a month... directors that need to pay GST on their income (income >1mil per year). but of cos, if u r the remaining 80% u will be struggle very badly.

Unregistered 20-09-2014 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56618)
Do you know if it is possible to progress from personal financial consultant into compliance area in a bank?

compliance is quite wide.. depending on which area you wan.. but is quite hard for you to progress from doing sales to perform middle/back end eventually.

I been doing compliance in a foreign bank for a year and it really require you to be extra careful.