Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Aftermath of interview (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4442-aftermath-interview.html)

Choco 15-09-2014 10:42 AM

Aftermath of interview

Hi all,

Just want to ask if do you all actually contact the company a few days after the interview to followup on the status of the interview? Thanks! :)

Unregistered 15-09-2014 11:15 AM

only if i have another offer but i want this job

boongaylim 15-09-2014 05:06 PM

contacting the company after interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choco (Post 56375)
Hi all,

Just want to ask if do you all actually contact the company a few days after the interview to followup on the status of the interview? Thanks! :)

My company follows a simple policy. We never hire anyone who needs a job, we hire only those who already has a job. Anyone who makes inquiries and exhibits desperation is automatically rejected. I understand from friends in other companies that industry practice is such. Anyone without a job is never considered, anyone who needs a job is rejected.

Good luck.

Unregistered 15-09-2014 09:03 PM

so does that mean nv resign if u haven found a job yet?

juz curious, your company is public or private? mnc?

Unregistered 15-09-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 56386)
My company follows a simple policy. We never hire anyone who needs a job, we hire only those who already has a job. Anyone who makes inquiries and exhibits desperation is automatically rejected. I understand from friends in other companies that industry practice is such. Anyone without a job is never considered, anyone who needs a job is rejected.

Good luck.

hard truths. not all company like yours. some like the candidate to be desperate to demonstrate eagerness.

Unregistered 15-09-2014 11:20 PM

In reality, It is ok to apply for jobs when your are not gainfully employed but ONLY if you have good strong reasons for the gaps. e.g. Took time off to care for young kids, volunteer/charity work etc. Be prepared to back up the claims. You can put in the gaps in CV with a brief reason for the gap.

If you have no strong reasons or often just quit without a job so that there are gaps, then you will find you will have a harder time landing that next job. Ideally, quit only when you have signed a job offer.

Unregistered 22-09-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 56386)

Good luck.

Your company is either very mean or very small.
Let's hope none of your staff gets retrenched or get out of job due to office politics.

What goes around, comes around.