Stat Boards : Do you receive rejection emails after interviews if not shortlisted? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Stat Boards : Do you receive rejection emails after interviews if not shortlisted?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 22-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 125
in3deep is on a distinguished road
Question Stat Boards : Do you receive rejection emails after interviews if not shortlisted?

Just curious

wondering whats the norm

If you had gone for 1 or 2 rounds of interview and did not get shortlisted, will you get a rejection email or radio silence?

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 22-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by in3deep View Post
Just curious

wondering whats the norm

If you had gone for 1 or 2 rounds of interview and did not get shortlisted, will you get a rejection email or radio silence?
I think that it varies with organisations.

I went for an interview with stat board A. I called the HR to check 3 days after the interview and was told that I am not shortlisted. I did not receive any rejection email but not sure if it's because I already called them to ask myself. I then went for another interview with stat board B. I received a rejection email from them 1 week later.



SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 22-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 125
in3deep is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think that it varies with organisations.

I went for an interview with stat board A. I called the HR to check 3 days after the interview and was told that I am not shortlisted. I did not receive any rejection email but not sure if it's because I already called them to ask myself. I then went for another interview with stat board B. I received a rejection email from them 1 week later.
jialat

mine is they themselve call me 1 week after intw n say put on hold due to restructuring and will update me in 2 weeks n told me not to worry

now 2 weeks past lioa

no news

so i dun have a confirmed yes or no

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by in3deep View Post
jialat

mine is they themselve call me 1 week after intw n say put on hold due to restructuring and will update me in 2 weeks n told me not to worry

now 2 weeks past lioa

no news

so i dun have a confirmed yes or no
Why don't u call the HR to check? They may still be processing, judging by how slow stat boards are in their recruitment process.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 23-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I worked in statutory board. From what I know, our organization will not send out the reject email.
For professional. The processing time from receive application to offer will last 3 months. 2 interviews and 1 paper testing.
For fresh graduate. Typically only requires 2 months since they run batch.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 23-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I worked in statutory board. From what I know, our organization will not send out the reject email.
For professional. The processing time from receive application to offer will last 3 months. 2 interviews and 1 paper testing.
For fresh graduate. Typically only requires 2 months since they run batch.
May I ask which stat board u are working at? 3 months from submitting application to offer seems too long.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long does it take for stat boards to review job application Onvalwar Income and Jobs 12 18-09-2017 11:23 PM
Receive call from our Yale wireless alarm system $1100 when there is intruder ideallock Marketplace and Find Work 1 26-06-2014 03:13 PM
How much should a "Branch Head" earn in Govt or Stat Boards? brandon Income and Jobs 0 11-05-2012 12:17 PM
Multiple job interviews but no offer. rabbit10 Income and Jobs 16 04-07-2011 07:18 PM
Is it weird to be working for an MNC and not receive a bonus Robin39 Income and Jobs 7 30-12-2010 10:01 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Jobs Opening for Events Sales
0 Replies, 22 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,356 Replies, 4,166,954 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,866 Replies, 682,668 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
467 Replies, 221,241 Views
DBS Salary for Associate/Senior...
4 Replies, 1,101 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 47,976 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,902 Replies, 1,285,513 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,552 Replies, 3,173,272 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,351 Replies, 325,196 Views
Piano teacher wanted!
0 Replies, 56 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,032 Replies, 1,301,696 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,150 Replies, 536,845 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,243 Replies, 405,935 Views
Should we still invest in...
0 Replies, 76 Views
Making Sense and Cents of the...
2 Replies, 1,819 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,263 Replies, 923,244 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
711 Replies, 388,719 Views
DSTA or CSIT
8 Replies, 946 Views
Dentist Salary
4 Replies, 889 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 95,072 Views
Commercial Affairs Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 41,027 Views
Consultant pathologist job
7 Replies, 5,829 Views
[Do Survey get Grab voucher]...
1 Replies, 91 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,244 Replies, 1,046,356 Views
SCDF direct entry lieutenant
3 Replies, 341 Views
UOB Technology Specialists, GTO
1 Replies, 173 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
231 Replies, 143,028 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 36,148 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
375 Replies, 567,294 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2