Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   working under singhealth (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4303-working-under-singhealth.html)

pineapple 14-08-2014 04:29 PM

working under singhealth

I would like to ask the culture and benefits working in national cancer centre, national dental centre etc supporting the doctors. In general, how much does a degree holder earn? And what salary would be offered if one comes from a private company. Is it nice working there if one has family?

Thanks.

Unregistered 14-08-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pineapple (Post 54706)
I would like to ask the culture and benefits working in national cancer centre, national dental centre etc supporting the doctors. In general, how much does a degree holder earn? And what salary would be offered if one comes from a private company. Is it nice working there if one has family?

Thanks.

Quite pro-family and little stress. Pay is on par with stat board but bonus lower, around 2 mth variable + 1 mth aws. But not much career & pay progression as support department are seen as liability and cost centre.

pineapple 15-08-2014 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54709)
Quite pro-family and little stress. Pay is on par with stat board but bonus lower, around 2 mth variable + 1 mth aws. But not much career & pay progression as support department are seen as liability and cost centre.

Okay...but how about the no.of days of leave entitled? R staff benefits gd? Thanks.

Unregistered 15-08-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pineapple (Post 54745)
Okay...but how about the no.of days of leave entitled? R staff benefits gd? Thanks.

You can check out the singhealth union staff welfare document online. The salary range, leave entitlement, bonus, etc; guidelines are all listed there.

Unregistered 18-08-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pineapple (Post 54706)

Thanks.

hi pineapple, may i know what job scope you are looking for?

legolaslee 18-08-2014 12:16 PM

anyone can share hows the salary like for exe position? am graduating with local pt degree soon.

Unregistered 19-08-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legolaslee (Post 54856)
anyone can share hows the salary like for exe position? am graduating with local pt degree soon.

://hseu.org.sg/wps/wcm/connect/22e96c804f85b1ac821ef6bda6c1e78c/SingHealth+Collective+Agreement+2012-2015+Jan+2013_Clean.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Unregistered 19-08-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legolaslee (Post 54856)

I'm starting work in Sep at one of the Singhealth alliances as an executive. Fresh grad from local u, being offered 2.7k and getting 21 days of AL.

legolaslee 19-08-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54959)
I'm starting work in Sep at one of the Singhealth alliances as an executive. Fresh grad from local u, being offered 2.7k and getting 21 days of AL.

nice congrats! how many interviewers and how is it like?

Unregistered 19-08-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

you with NS or no NS?
wat class of honours?

you annual leave alot sia!!!

my company on give you 21 annual leave after 10 years of service!!!

our annual leave only start at 16days for fresh degree grad

Unregistered 19-08-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54983)
you with NS or no NS?
wat class of honours?

you annual leave alot sia!!!

my company on give you 21 annual leave after 10 years of service!!!

our annual leave only start at 16days for fresh degree grad

no ns. 2nd lower sci degree. my pay is on the low side but at least the job is stable and of my interest. (+ 21 AL; woohoooo) I put my expected drawn salary as 2.8k (nego). should have insisted on putting 3k. -.-

Unregistered 21-08-2014 04:02 PM

How long did it take to be shortlisted for an interview? And how was the interview process?

Unregistered 22-08-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55172)
How long did it take to be shortlisted for an interview? And how was the interview process?

within a week. they mostly ask me the typical interview questions and I think I did fairly well though it didn't start off well as she gave me a pretty tough question at the start.

Unregistered 19-09-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55220)
within a week. they mostly ask me the typical interview questions and I think I did fairly well though it didn't start off well as she gave me a pretty tough question at the start.

And how long did they get back to you with the job offer? Just went for an interview with one of the Singhealth alliances yesterday.

Unregistered 10-11-2014 07:15 PM

working at SingHealth Residency

Can paid up to $3k for experienced admin. asst position so executive is also about that range. From interview to start work can take up up to 3months due to medical clearance.

Its a very political environment where every friend can be every one's enemy. Funny thing is that, HOD of Residency is a retired navy office who had never work anywhere but Mindef , so do expect non-solution but scapegoat for his blunder and action upon hearsay-type.
Not exactly a great environment but benefit is nice, "tripod" some unmarried IC will boost your year-end bonus and sweet-talk & mini-skirt sure do the tricks.

Basically, be a brick-layer and agreed to everything people wants and your live will be sweet.

Play along;

Unregistered 02-01-2015 08:03 PM

play along

I can't agree more with play along game, pay can varies for exec. 3k - 3.5k possible, heard that experienced AA is ABT 3k too!

Carry tales and mini-skirts certainly helps in being heard and carry tales to the unmarried is definitely good help to free "advertisemt". Allocated budget were never kept to it, lots of fun & fares to look good, wasting tax-payers money.

Worst that you can expect is when APD had affairs with residents and fellow Faculty help fan the wrack marriage in "wat u shld do in order not to pay alimony to despair wife & children, haha"...!!! So sad... :(

DIO had illegitimate son with follow manager and resume to work with promotion. Hello?? Wats going on?

Where assholes & potties meet, full of ****.

Take care!

Unregistered 02-01-2015 08:15 PM

Are you still working there??

Is PE job worth exploring, if it sounded so bad am wondering if there's anything to looked forward to??

Unregistered 02-01-2015 08:32 PM

Of cos there are things to looked forward to.

CNY lunch, half day. Get involved in Newbies Orientation, tats when you marry make yourself shine...TRIPOD...

21days leave, medical coverage for family too, basil maybe free if you rub shoulder with Opthal senior residents or even free nose-job...the kind of thing.

Unregistered 02-01-2015 08:37 PM

If I really cannot dahan, ask for transfer???

Unregistered 06-01-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

What's ur job scope? ops or planning type of work?

Unregistered 15-05-2019 12:42 AM

Contract staff for 5 years

Hi, I am working under one of Singhealth’s institutions as an admin executive. .
Would like to check whether is it a norm to keep renewing contract for every 2 years without any promotion?
I am wondering if I will ever convert to perm/regular staff. Have been with their most established hospital for about 5 years, and always renewing through 2 yearly contracts.
Although entitled to their performance bonus, AWS and Salary Increment announced, I m actually tired of signing contracts.
I am perplexed as well, since I am always an ‘A’ grader for every performance appraisal.

Shared with my boss on my concerns, she said, I am already almost no difference from regular staff and institution funded, unlike those who are on external funding, I won’t lose my job suddenly. Yet, her comments made me think why don’t just give me a perm job instead.

Please advice and/or share your views.

Unregistered 14-07-2019 03:42 AM

Hi, i’ve received a verbal offer from one of the hospital. Does anyone know how long does it takes to complete all the processes till my start work date?

Unregistered 10-09-2019 05:26 PM

Hi.. may i know how long is the hiring process? For administration role, how many rounds of interviews?

Unregistered 10-09-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118765)
Hi, I am working under one of Singhealth’s institutions as an admin executive. .
Would like to check whether is it a norm to keep renewing contract for every 2 years without any promotion?
I am wondering if I will ever convert to perm/regular staff. Have been with their most established hospital for about 5 years, and always renewing through 2 yearly contracts.
Although entitled to their performance bonus, AWS and Salary Increment announced, I m actually tired of signing contracts.
I am perplexed as well, since I am always an ‘A’ grader for every performance appraisal.

Shared with my boss on my concerns, she said, I am already almost no difference from regular staff and institution funded, unlike those who are on external funding, I won’t lose my job suddenly. Yet, her comments made me think why don’t just give me a perm job instead.

Please advice and/or share your views.

They may have headcount quota. But in the mean time look out for another perm job.

Unregistered 23-09-2019 02:02 PM

what is the typical fresh grad pay for finance at singhealth. i have uol degree.

Unregistered 22-02-2020 06:29 PM

Did anyone apply for the hospital MA program recently? Singhealth is one of the options inside

Unregistered 25-02-2020 11:20 PM

Hi does anyone knows how long does hr take typically to get back after interview? they told me during the interview it will take 2 weeks. it's only been a week after my interview should i call and check with them as i'm putting the other offer on hold?

Unregistered 05-03-2022 11:22 PM

salary fresh grad

Hi! May I check, does anyone know for fresh grad from local University third class honours, how much is the salary for an executive in SingHealth? thanks :)