Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Previous/Expected Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4272-previous-expected-salary.html)

Choco 06-08-2014 11:40 PM

Previous/Expected Salary

Hi everyone!

I just graduated from SIM-RMIT in Marketing. But i need some guide for salary on job applications.
Some jobs required the us to indicate our previous salary and expected salary in as part of the CV. However, I believe as most fresh grads are, we do not have any proper job to start with. I just want to ask if it is a must to put or should we just leave it as fresh grad and just indicate the expected salary? Thanks alot! :)

Unregistered 07-08-2014 08:12 AM

I would just not put anything, if u have strong background in ur resume the company will contact u anyway. Putting down expected salary limits ur negotation.

Unregistered 07-08-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54321)
I would just not put anything, if u have strong background in ur resume the company will contact u anyway. Putting down expected salary limits ur negotation.

Dumb advice. SIM marketing degree freshie background how to strong.

If you refuse to put down your expected salary, chances are hr will dump the cv and move on to process others.

Unregistered 07-08-2014 06:03 PM

Agree with above. Esp when no work exp and zero bargain power, better fill in application form properly and dun play punk by ignoring questions. Previous salary just put NA and expected for pte uni non-technical job put ~2.4k (negotiable) should be safe.

Unregistered 07-08-2014 10:40 PM

Well i didnt put expected salary, just put negotiable. Still got job interviews.

Choco 07-08-2014 11:21 PM

Well, I am in a dilemma as to whether to put. Because previously I didnt put for fear of 'pricing' myself out of the job. But then, I couldnt even secure even an interview! So I am really wondering if it is a must to put or at least state some amount?

Thanks alot!:)

Unregistered 07-08-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choco (Post 54357)
Well, I am in a dilemma as to whether to put. Because previously I didnt put for fear of 'pricing' myself out of the job. But then, I couldnt even secure even an interview! So I am really wondering if it is a must to put or at least state some amount?

So wats ur problem? The form ask u to put, u dun so no interview. Now u asking what to do???

Just put any no. from 2-2.5k lor. Every job has 50-100 applicants, why run the risk of getting ur application thrown out by purposely ignoring the question?

Unregistered 08-08-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choco (Post 54357)

just put negotiable then.

Unregistered 08-08-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54374)
just put negotiable then.

Like that might as well leave blank. If you are the HR administrator processing hundreds of forms, will you differentiate b/w a blank line & a useless answer like “negotiatble”?

Unregistered 08-08-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 54377)
Like that might as well leave blank. If you are the HR administrator processing hundreds of forms, will you differentiate b/w a blank line & a useless answer like “negotiatble”?

If i were HR i would just look at the qualifications. Not putting works for some people, if u are so scared then just put a range.