Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Number of FT in Singapore coming down? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4161-number-ft-singapore-coming-down.html)

boongaylim 06-07-2014 11:18 AM

Number of FT in Singapore coming down?

Are there really fewer foreign talent now?
With the Fare Consideration Framework, I had thought that many of the FT would go away. But looking at MBFC and CBP, I think FT are still coming by the planeful. Anyone who has more details?...

Unregistered 06-07-2014 12:02 PM

fair consideration framework doesn't apply to jobs paying 12k/mo and above.

Unregistered 06-07-2014 02:54 PM

Many FT affected by FCF

Hi,
For salaries in the range 4k-12k, the FCF still applies. Hence some of these folks may be affected.
Yes, I have seen no change in the number of FT here. Maybe another few months and there will be an impact.

Unregistered 06-07-2014 05:46 PM

How did you to come to expect fewer FTs? PM Lee himself said we need more FTs but unlike previously we will not bring in too many in too quickly. He said the increase in FTs will be gradual.

Full story on ST : "Singapore must welcome visitors, or risk lowering world standing: PM Lee - " See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin....FDtDzkTt.dpuf

Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 53048)
Are there really fewer foreign talent now?
With the Fare Consideration Framework, I had thought that many of the FT would go away. But looking at MBFC and CBP, I think FT are still coming by the planeful. Anyone who has more details?...

Unregistered 06-07-2014 10:07 PM

What is the reality of Inter Company Transfers

The MOM website does not mention anything about "Intra Company Transfer", yet many companies transfer staff to Singapore from Malaysia/Philippines. Just what is going on?

If big companies can get staff as "intra company transfer", Singaporeans will have a scant chance of working with these big companies.

Unregistered 07-07-2014 12:27 AM

What about Companies that second staff from Europe/USA HQ? My company has been seconding staff from Europe for the mangerial/management positions and locals are not trained whatsoever to eventually move up and assume the managerial/management roles. After 2 or 3 years of secondment, they return to HQ and new batch is flown in. The truth about the pte sector and MNC is that they take care of their HQ employees development first, and they play the games according to local rules. This means locals will forever be lowly executives with increasing paycheck and at risk of being made redundant in the long run. (Got too expensive for unimportant roles)

Unregistered 07-07-2014 08:46 AM

FT on secondment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53079)
What about Companies that second staff from Europe/USA HQ? My company has been seconding staff from Europe for the mangerial/management positions and locals are not trained whatsoever to eventually move up and assume the managerial/management roles. After 2 or 3 years of secondment, they return to HQ and new batch is flown in. The truth about the pte sector and MNC is that they take care of their HQ employees development first, and they play the games according to local rules. This means locals will forever be lowly executives with increasing paycheck and at risk of being made redundant in the long run. (Got too expensive for unimportant roles)

I think such persons on "secondment" should be discouraged. Singapore has plenty of talent already. Besides, most persons who come on secondment from Philippines, India, China are actually no good but they boss around the Singaporeans.

aplover 07-07-2014 10:02 AM

Guys, if your company is like that and you know you wouldn't stand much of a chance down the line. Don't waste your time in there and plan to move soon.

Unregistered 14-07-2014 02:52 PM

I think FT numbers are reducing. Although there are still a lot.

I read some articles for expats heading to Asia that they should look around other countries as well because it is tougher now to enter Sg.

boongaylim 14-07-2014 03:47 PM

FT in Singapore

I don't see any difference in number. If you think otherwise, take a walk down Changi Business Park or MBFC.