Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Do you use a selfie photo in your CV ? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4104-do-you-use-selfie-photo-your-cv.html)

Hermit 19-06-2014 01:02 PM

Do you use a selfie photo in your CV ?

Is this the trend now?

I am receiving quite a lot of CVs with a selfie photo rather than a passport photo these days.

Do you do it too ?

Unregistered 19-06-2014 02:42 PM

No. Not professional.

Unregistered 20-06-2014 01:32 AM

This is the type of **** Singaporeans do. Then they complain that companies hire foreigners. hais. Not sure what to say anymore. Every time I take in a Singaporean, I pray for the sake of our country that he is a good employee, but knn always prove me wrong. Maybe its just me, Im unlucky, maybe the better ones are out there somewhere.

Unregistered 20-06-2014 01:33 AM

Actually its a good thing. Don't have to vet through piles of CVs anymore. Selfie=throw away.

Sam Adams 20-06-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52572)
This is the type of **** Singaporeans do. Then they complain that companies hire foreigners. hais. Not sure what to say anymore. Every time I take in a Singaporean, I pray for the sake of our country that he is a good employee, but knn always prove me wrong. Maybe its just me, Im unlucky, maybe the better ones are out there somewhere.

how much are you paying? pls see the how much are you earning per annum thread for reference. if you are paying 3k for a fresh grad, 5k for 10 year exp, please expect monkeys.

Unregistered 20-06-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52572)

You are not unlucky, you are just stupid. If you do your job well as a hirer, you should be getting the right staffs.

Unregistered 20-06-2014 10:40 AM

^+1 muh****a

Hermit 20-06-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52573)
Actually its a good thing. Don't have to vet through piles of CVs anymore. Selfie=throw away.

I know what you mean. I tend to do that too instinctively.

Some of the selfies are not even properly taken. In one of the pictures, I can see the applicant's messy bedroom. It is bad enough that the CV was not well crafted... :(

Hermit 22-06-2014 10:05 AM

One sent in her CV but her Google profile photo shows her shirtless husband kissing her pregnant tummy. *Sigh*

Unregistered454 22-06-2014 02:14 PM

Absolutely, it shows the employers that you are up to date with the latest trends