Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How long is the interview process in CIMB Bank? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4084-how-long-interview-process-cimb-bank.html)

boongaylim 13-06-2014 06:32 PM

How long is the interview process in CIMB Bank?

Can someone help me with these questions:

1. How long does CIMB Bank S'pore take to complete recruitments?
2. Is the decision making based in Singapore or KL?

PM me if needed, and I will reach out to you.

Unregistered 13-06-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 52335)
Can someone help me with these questions:

1. How long does CIMB Bank S'pore take to complete recruitments?
2. Is the decision making based in Singapore or KL?

PM me if needed, and I will reach out to you.

What position?

boongaylim 18-06-2014 12:23 AM

non existent role

I went to one of the banks here for interviews. After 4 rounds over 2 months, they told me that the position had been put on hold.
Just how wasteful these banks can get.

Josephine 22-07-2014 09:33 PM

interview process in HSBC

My brother has been visting HSBC for a back-office role (VP rank). He has already had 12 rounds of interviews in as many as 11 months. There is no end in site. HR told him that there might be still 7-8 rounds over the next 4 months before they make up there mind.

in3deep 22-07-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josephine (Post 53665)
My brother has been visting HSBC for a back-office role (VP rank). He has already had 12 rounds of interviews in as many as 11 months. There is no end in site. HR told him that there might be still 7-8 rounds over the next 4 months before they make up there mind.

This kind its better of juz showing middle finger to them n blacklisting them

Maggie 22-07-2014 10:30 PM

Helpless man

Quote:

Why is ur bro still attending the interviews?

Unregistered 22-07-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

i tot i was reading a boxing forum instead. If there only two or three candidates left, why can't the bank just hire both or them, give them time to show their performance. Such a waste of fifteen months, not only to the interviewee's time, but also the bank's resource.

Unregistered 23-07-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Foreign banks is like that, especially for this kind of lower level position they know anytime they ask for candidates can find at least a few dozen desperate to sign up, so they take their time & jerk around the applicants.

Unregistered 23-07-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53675)
Foreign banks is like that, especially for this kind of lower level position they know anytime they ask for candidates can find at least a few dozen desperate to sign up, so they take their time & jerk around the applicants.

dun have a good impression of hsbc. the last time i went down their MBC office for interview the woman director was very late to turn up and didnt even bother to apologize, send her subordinate, an indian svp, who just show me where to get coffee then act busy and abandon me.

in the end just was sitting like an idiot at the staff lounge for >30min, after interview tell me to wait because headcount not yet finalized. wat a joke.

tenorine 23-07-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53676)
dun have a good impression of hsbc. the last time i went down their MBC office for interview the woman director was very late to turn up and didnt even bother to apologize, send her subordinate, an indian svp, who just show me where to get coffee then act busy and abandon me.

in the end just was sitting like an idiot at the staff lounge for >30min, after interview tell me to wait because headcount not yet finalized. wat a joke.

Which job did you apply for?