Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Ex-MOE Teachers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3908-ex-ministry-education-singapore-teachers.html)

Unregistered 04-07-2019 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by currycurry (Post 121209)
Hi I currently have just finished my bond and dying in school everyday. I tired to search around for other jobs but almost all require relevant experience and a degree in that relevant field. I only have a Bachelor in Education :/ Thinking of going to teach in International school or private tuition centre. Anyone in there? How's the pay like, heard that the International school angmoh teachers don't like us locals D;

Really lost here because I don't find meaning in this job anymore. Can't get anywhere unless you wayang everyday. UGH. But then again, I don't really have any other skills to go elsewhere. Help guys.

Try to find other meaningful endeavour in teaching just like me. Such as watching schoolgirls panties when they anyhow seat. Or as a PE teacher seeing schoolgirls panties or Chee bye when they do excercises such as seat ups and open their legs. Such things greatly motivates me to go school and teach daily! You will never get bored!

Unregistered 04-07-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121224)
Try to find other meaningful endeavour in teaching just like me. Such as watching schoolgirls panties when they anyhow seat. Or as a PE teacher seeing schoolgirls panties or Chee bye when they do excercises such as seat ups and open their legs. Such things greatly motivates me to go school and teach daily! You will never get bored!

Obviously not an educator, given your poor grammar and spelling errors. Please avoid commenting on these MOE forums. Thanks.

Unregistered 04-07-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121250)
Obviously not an educator, given your poor grammar and spelling errors. Please avoid commenting on these MOE forums. Thanks.

PE teacher no need good English.

Unregistered 03-08-2019 10:52 PM

life of a current teacher

i would advise those people who want to be a teacher to think twice... its one of the most difficult job. long working hours, high stress and being unappreciated. if you are unlucky and get a bad mentor who do not support you in school and backstab you, you will end up getting a D
and the kids nowadays are very different from the past..in a class, about half of the students are bad....

Unregistered 17-02-2020 10:51 PM

Dun fall into the pit

thought the passion will fuel your fire to be a teacher for life. After 7 years, you wonder if you made the right decision. Politics is true. Some Ps are just hopeless in dealing with it, sometimes even a part of it. I was overlooked despite working my socks off because the other was more senior and I was too young. seriously, they give lame excuses to give the position to the person they want. Becos you are young, they make you work like hell then say your runway long so give others a chance. sometimes I wonder how these people are chosen. Some teachers and KPs work very hard but the wayang ones tend to be ones promoted. best combi is wayang and hard working. my wayang skills sucks. so if u have this combi, go and teach. I used to think that trying my best to help the students get their distinctions are impt so i put in like crazy amt of time - but seems like unappreciated.

Don't let starting pay fool you. sounds high but the needle moves very slowly thereafter.

With all honesty, I regret joining the service.

From what I see, for every 10 teachers who leave, 7-8 of them are great. since it is comfortable and easy money for the some, they will forever be mediocre or less than mediocre becos they will never be fired. My advice: stay away from teaching if u believe only what they say in the moe adverts

Unregistered 18-02-2020 05:44 PM

Do not join this shithole

Current teacher looking to leave here. For every 10 teachers who leave. 7 of them are good teachers. Some leave because of the crazy workload, some leave because the P is lousy (met a perv P and Oscar award winner P) and some simply lost the passion because of a combi of reasons. I am going to leave because of the lies they fed me. Sometimes I wonder if the SLs should get a work attachment in the private sector.. they seem like oblivious to what is happening on the ground. They claim they know but make crazy assertions based on some crazy tale by a KP. Don't get me wrong, there are kind and wonderful KPs but they are far and few. SLs on the other hand, i don't have much good things to say about them. if u meet a genuine one, u r lucky. Actually I thought I met one genuine one before but she turned out to be horrible person behind the scenes.

Advice: The starting pay is good but that is where it ends. The politics will suck your passion dry very quickly. The ranking system may see your friends become enemies. some will not hesitate to sabo u. SLs and some KPs (because they are pressured by the Ps) will lie to make to stay. Sometimes i wonder what kind of a person you need to be in order to be a SL. The young will be taxed and they will claim that they want to stretch you when in the end, makes no diff because favouritism is highly practiced in some schools. The P is like some god in the school, surrounded by a bunch of wayangs. So if you are wayang, you will survive well in most schools unless your P is an enlightened one.

Unregistered 03-03-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129117)
Current teacher looking to leave here. For every 10 teachers who leave. 7 of them are good teachers. Some leave because of the crazy workload, some leave because the P is lousy (met a perv P and Oscar award winner P) and some simply lost the passion because of a combi of reasons. I am going to leave because of the lies they fed me. Sometimes I wonder if the SLs should get a work attachment in the private sector.. they seem like oblivious to what is happening on the ground. They claim they know but make crazy assertions based on some crazy tale by a KP. Don't get me wrong, there are kind and wonderful KPs but they are far and few. SLs on the other hand, i don't have much good things to say about them. if u meet a genuine one, u r lucky. Actually I thought I met one genuine one before but she turned out to be horrible person behind the scenes.

Advice: The starting pay is good but that is where it ends. The politics will suck your passion dry very quickly. The ranking system may see your friends become enemies. some will not hesitate to sabo u. SLs and some KPs (because they are pressured by the Ps) will lie to make to stay. Sometimes i wonder what kind of a person you need to be in order to be a SL. The young will be taxed and they will claim that they want to stretch you when in the end, makes no diff because favouritism is highly practiced in some schools. The P is like some god in the school, surrounded by a bunch of wayangs. So if you are wayang, you will survive well in most schools unless your P is an enlightened one.

Hi,

I empathize with what you are going through as I am also in the same predicament. Have changed environment once but somehow due to my lack of carrying balls skills, I have always managed to step on others' toes. After which, whatever I did became useless. They gave me a lot of projects to do but made sure I had to do everything alone and then blamed it on me for not showing team spirit and good interpersonal skills. Basically once you have been blacklisted by those in favor, they will try ways and means to make life difficult for you and they will most likely succeed as they will have the support of the upper management.

It feels like although we always teach kids not to be bullies, the adults in the school exhibit the exact same behaviour and nothing is done to stop them. It is always easier for the upper management to side with the "popular" and vocal ones rather than the quiet ones like us.

In all my years in MOE (more than 10 years), I have always had a good relationship with the students and parents. It has always been the colleagues who make me feel demoralised and discouraged. So don't worry, you are not alone. What is your plan after leaving MOE?

Unregistered 03-03-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129593)
Hi,

I empathize with what you are going through as I am also in the same predicament. Have changed environment once but somehow due to my lack of carrying balls skills, I have always managed to step on others' toes. After which, whatever I did became useless. They gave me a lot of projects to do but made sure I had to do everything alone and then blamed it on me for not showing team spirit and good interpersonal skills. Basically once you have been blacklisted by those in favor, they will try ways and means to make life difficult for you and they will most likely succeed as they will have the support of the upper management.

It feels like although we always teach kids not to be bullies, the adults in the school exhibit the exact same behaviour and nothing is done to stop them. It is always easier for the upper management to side with the "popular" and vocal ones rather than the quiet ones like us.

In all my years in MOE (more than 10 years), I have always had a good relationship with the students and parents. It has always been the colleagues who make me feel demoralised and discouraged. So don't worry, you are not alone. What is your plan after leaving MOE?

This is so sad. MOE doesn't deserve you. Your passion is to teach; your passion isn't MOE. You can still fulfil your passion elsewhere!

Unregistered 09-03-2020 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129593)
Hi,

Have you tried changing schools? If you find that regardless of the school you went and the situations remained the same, it might be your approach that needs changing, esp when you mentioned that you always stepped on their toes.

If you can build good rapport with students and parents, I don't see why that cannot be done with your colleagues, unless past experience has resulted in certain level of biasness. While being wayang may help one score some brownie points, it does not cover up the mistakes that he/ she makes. Applying the same analogy, not knowing how to carry balls doesn't erase one's contributions towards the school, unless the mistakes are serious in nature, for eg safety or they comprimise T&L. I have teachers who are excellent story tellers and they put themselves in the limelight, but sadly, their actions often point south.

While some points you raised are true, I have seen JHs who moved out of C-, D grades. The ranking panel comprises the SLs and KPs, and I am sure that if you have achievements to back you up, it is hard to pull you down just because of their prejudice. I don't know what you meant by people (non-kps) giving you lots of work but making sure that you work alone as that isn't the norm with working comms around. Target setting at the startof the year should have lay out what needs to be done for you so sometimes all one needs is learning to speak up.

I have encountered teachers who went around telling people that they had numerous porrfolios, and they slogged all day long etc but I see them spending hours at the pantry gossiping and making a mess iof things while they continue to feel good about how almighty they are. So when not given an appraisal they desire, this group of people feel unjust and start to have lots of self-pity.

I believe you are still in the service. Don't lose passion and continue to do what's right. At the same time, look for opportunities if there are and maybe a change of environment might shed new light on things that you have been through.

Unregistered 10-03-2020 11:46 AM

happier

I'm so much happier after leaving service. The days in sch left me so so drained, and I fell ill very often. I had no time for my family and even when I met friends, I didn't feel happy.

It has been almost 3 years since I left sch, and I haven't regretted my decision.

Only thing I miss, is the fixed, certain, secured paycheck every month. Oh, and bonus.

Well, can't have everything in life I guess.