Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Ex-MOE Teachers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3908-ex-ministry-education-singapore-teachers.html)

Unregistered 25-09-2022 09:02 PM

What is the payscale for a teacher fresh out of NIE and into pri/sec school? From y1 to y5? Thank you!

Unregistered 25-09-2022 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231219)
Ptes need to be ranked so it can be stressful. Cajt seems like the sweet spot, higher pay and workload is manageable and don’t have to be ranked.

But the last I heard about CAJT is that you need to attend Contact Time, take up CCA, remedial class, set papers and be formally observed, basically doing everything a permanent teacher does without the bonuses and Connect Plan. That’s why I didn’t consider it as an option at all.

Unregistered 25-09-2022 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231224)
What is the payscale for a teacher fresh out of NIE and into pri/sec school? From y1 to y5? Thank you!

I’m afraid this is not the right place to ask. This thread is for ex-Teachers. Our starting pay would be different from someone who’s just joined the service. Take me for example, it was $3k for a 2nd upper and first class honours but I heard that many years ago, even an untrained teacher without an honours degree was starting at $3k?

Unregistered 25-09-2022 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231234)
But the last I heard about CAJT is that you need to attend Contact Time, take up CCA, remedial class, set papers and be formally observed, basically doing everything a permanent teacher does without the bonuses and Connect Plan. That’s why I didn’t consider it as an option at all.

Is it the same across all schs???

Unregistered 26-09-2022 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231234)

I'm guessing it differs from school to school, but my understanding of CAJT is that it counts towards a school's teacher quota (which is also why it's less readily offered than FAJT). I'd be surprised if schools offers a relaxed workload, if so - wouldn't they rather try to fill the spot with permanent staff?

Unregistered 27-09-2022 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231247)
I'm guessing it differs from school to school, but my understanding of CAJT is that it counts towards a school's teacher quota (which is also why it's less readily offered than FAJT). I'd be surprised if schools offers a relaxed workload, if so - wouldn't they rather try to fill the spot with permanent staff?

Does a cajt have annual increment?

Unregistered 28-09-2022 09:02 AM

What are u all working as after u leave MOE?

Unregistered 28-09-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231405)
What are u all working as after u leave MOE?

during first 2 yrs i took a msc in applied math , then i spent the next 4 yrs studying hardcore for CFA exams, did level 2 ( failed lvl 2 twice somemore lol.. ) then i went to take CFM. Now working in banks doing investment risk analyst, making 50-75% more than my peers who are still teaching. I also teach tuition ( try to squeeze in 4-5 times a week, and i charge around $80-100 per hr, 2 hrs each ).

I did very bad in school lol, though i love teaching and make classes really fun for the kids, but fk all the admin work and meetings, i did my bare minimum. thankfully i left. not worth.

Unregistered 28-09-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231410)
during first 2 yrs i took a msc in applied math , then i spent the next 4 yrs studying hardcore for CFA exams, did level 2 ( failed lvl 2 twice somemore lol.. ) then i went to take CFM. Now working in banks doing investment risk analyst, making 50-75% more than my peers who are still teaching. I also teach tuition ( try to squeeze in 4-5 times a week, and i charge around $80-100 per hr, 2 hrs each ).

I did very bad in school lol, though i love teaching and make classes really fun for the kids, but fk all the admin work and meetings, i did my bare minimum. thankfully i left. not worth.

I totally know what u mean. I feel so tired after teaching for 10 years. Like really v tired even I enjoy teaching. Did u find difficult to pursue the current qualifications?
I

Unregistered 28-09-2022 12:30 PM

Anyone taught at international schools after leaving MOE?

Anyone went on to teach at international schools after leaving moe?