Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Ex-MOE Teachers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3908-ex-ministry-education-singapore-teachers.html)

Unregistered 19-09-2022 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230630)
I like teach and organize events.

Groom the students to be a confident and holistic
Person

So long as you do not teach them English.

Unregistered 19-09-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230523)
no wonder even the middle aged GEOs and KPs want to switch already...probably just waiting for the new revised salary, then jump immediately. quite smart of them...

FAJT pay rate has little to do with your last drawn pay I think? Will be happy to be corrected if I am wrong though. If I remember correctly, it’s the number of years and the educational qualifications that decide your pay rate. That was what I knew years ago before I became one, so I stuck to the job until I had more than 10 years of experience so that I could get a higher rate if I had to quit.

Unregistered 19-09-2022 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230039)
hi just asking around it seems like my fajt rate did not change, so it was a lil sad to see the other eos being glad with the little top up while i didnt. is this how my rate going to be the same forever?

Are you unhappy with the rate?

Unregistered 19-09-2022 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230655)
Are you unhappy with the rate?

didn't the FAJT rate get adjusted back in 2020? while previous adjustment for EOs was way back in 2015?

Unregistered 19-09-2022 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230672)
didn't the FAJT rate get adjusted back in 2020? while previous adjustment for EOs was way back in 2015?

Well, if you have just become an FAJT last year like me, you wouldn’t know. And if you read back on a post, it mentioned that it wasn’t the rate per hour that had been adjusted but the a first hour premium was added. I guess the poster was hoping for a per-hour rate adjustment.

Unregistered 19-09-2022 10:02 PM

FAJT rates are pegged based on your last held rank.

Unregistered 19-09-2022 10:05 PM

Any Contract Adjunct Teachers here?

Wanted to ask a CAJT about how it’s like but she seemed wary and didn’t want to share.

Do you have to stay back after school for CCA, meetings and workshops or do you work a fixed number of hours and can leave school at 2pm like FAJTs?

Do you need to come back to school during school holidays like the permanent teachers?

Unregistered 19-09-2022 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230714)
FAJT rates are pegged based on your last held rank.

Is that verified? My info about FAJT’s pay rate being pegged to number of years of service and qualifications was based on a set of documents shared by the office clerk, but that was eons ago so the criteria may have changed.

Unregistered 19-09-2022 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230715)
Any Contract Adjunct Teachers here?

Wanted to ask a CAJT about how it’s like but she seemed wary and didn’t want to share.

Do you have to stay back after school for CCA, meetings and workshops or do you work a fixed number of hours and can leave school at 2pm like FAJTs?

Do you need to come back to school during school holidays like the permanent teachers?

Everything need to nego with ur P one la

Unregistered 19-09-2022 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230720)
Everything need to nego with ur P one la

Out of fajt, cajt, ptes, which gives the best deal in terms of compensation and amount of work?