Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Ex-MOE Teachers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3908-ex-ministry-education-singapore-teachers.html)

Unregistered 19-05-2022 09:53 AM

Rejoin as CAJT after resign for more than 6years

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182953)
Have applied for 2 times / 2 years (once a year window) and haven't been successful

Left service in 2012 and have been doing FAJT and now as CAJT,still it's never easy to rejoin

May I know if resign from MOE more than 6yrs and in 2020 join as FAJT. Now applying for CAJT, how is the salary gonna be? It will be close to FAJT monthly pay?

Unregistered 19-05-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218209)
Thanks for the information. Was wondering wat r the significant differences between CAJT n FAJT?

fajt lesser responsibilities, much lighter load, but lower pay. No pay during holidays too.

cajt more responsibilities, actually cajt is more or less the same as perm teachers, just that they do not have promotion, performance bonus and connect plan. But they probably won't have to do lots of sai kang, like level managers, or in charge of sch events, lesson obs, plc, maybe no need to do cca also (depending on sch's needs)

Unregistered 19-05-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218258)
fajt lesser responsibilities, much lighter load, but lower pay. No pay during holidays too.

cajt more responsibilities, actually cajt is more or less the same as perm teachers, just that they do not have promotion, performance bonus and connect plan. But they probably won't have to do lots of sai kang, like level managers, or in charge of sch events, lesson obs, plc, maybe no need to do cca also (depending on sch's needs)

Last drawn pay GEO4 6k, what would I expect to get as a FAJT or as a CAJT?

Unregistered 13-06-2022 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218266)
Last drawn pay GEO4 6k, what would I expect to get as a FAJT or as a CAJT?

That was my grade and last drawn before I left the service.

My FAJT pay from Jan to May this year is between $5k to $6k+ gross depending on the month.

Lowest was March $5.3k probably due to the one-week holiday.

Hope this helps.

Unregistered 13-06-2022 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221671)

My FAJT pay from Jan to May this year is between $5k to $6k+ gross depending on the month.

Hope this helps.

The salary still sounds quite shiok for the workload. No wonder so many people, including younger teachers are looking to go into adjunct...

Unregistered 14-06-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221675)
The salary still sounds quite shiok for the workload. No wonder so many people, including younger teachers are looking to go into adjunct...

maybe not so much for younger teachers.

younger teachers' salary are mostly still on the lower side. Unless they are the high flyer type who got promoted v fast. but usually these are the ones who wouldn't resign la.

most fajts i see are still those older teachers who are at least geo5. if they resign to become fajt, then yup its quite worth it. maybe they are old n also cannot tahan the rigour of full time teacher.

i think for young teachers its still better to stay as perm teacher n get the promotions and connect plans first.
But of cuz if the young teacher cannot tahan being a perm teacher cuz too stressed liao, then ya, fajt can be an option even though the pay may not be as attractive. If dissatisfied with the pay, can do tuition or property agent in the afternoon to earn extra.

Won't huat, but can still survive with maybe a little extra too.

Unregistered 15-06-2022 09:34 AM

I am a pri sch chinese teacher (singaporean). I graduated from JC and entered NIE for the bachelor of arts (edu) programme and is in my first-posting school till now, roughly 5-6 years. I am currently at GEO3. I am facing more and more problems with colleagues in school and I find myself becoming unhappier and dreading school by the day. The thought of changing schools or quitting has been in my head more frequent these days and I started questioning if I should stay or leave this industry.

However, my dilemma is what kind of jobs I can take up should I leave the industry and how to go about doing it. Any suggestions?

Unregistered 15-06-2022 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221993)
I am a pri sch chinese teacher (singaporean). I graduated from JC and entered NIE for the bachelor of arts (edu) programme and is in my first-posting school till now, roughly 5-6 years. I am currently at GEO3. I am facing more and more problems with colleagues in school and I find myself becoming unhappier and dreading school by the day. The thought of changing schools or quitting has been in my head more frequent these days and I started questioning if I should stay or leave this industry.

However, my dilemma is what kind of jobs I can take up should I leave the industry and how to go about doing it. Any suggestions?

Actually since youre a local and your expertise is Chinese, you don't need to be too worried because many jobs here lack locals who are competent in the language. You probably will not face much competition. Jump to other Ministries or Stat Boards that require locals and your expertise. Go for careers related to communications, journalism or media in general. Jiayou!! :)

Unregistered 16-06-2022 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221671)

Hope this helps.

How about June and December? Also, for fajt, is there AWS?

Unregistered 17-06-2022 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 222323)
How about June and December? Also, for fajt, is there AWS?

FAJTs are only paid for the days they work so we are not paid during school holidays. We are paid for public holidays that fall within the school term though.

No bonus. What most FAJTs do is to give tuition after school to make up for the income. Retired Teachers who are old or in poor health usually don’t give tuition. Parents also do not want Teachers who are old. Some parents even specify that they don’t want teachers above 40.