Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Ex-MOE Teachers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3908-ex-ministry-education-singapore-teachers.html)

Unregistered 30-03-2022 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192669)
I was full-time teacher for 6 years before I left service to take on a job offer in an outside industry (where I was initially from before I joined teaching at first). 2 years into the new job, I realised that teaching was really my calling and I shouldn't have left.

So I re-applied to MOE rejoin the full-time service. It was HELL. Rejection after rejection. I sucked it in and applied to join as FAJT. Again, rejected multiple times before finally getting a call from a school to join as FAJT, which I did.

After 3 years of serving as FAJT, I applied to be reinstated as a permanent teacher. Finally I was granted as an interview and was accepted for the job. To get to that interview is very hard. I worked my ass off as an FAJT, and spoke to my Principal about my intention to return to Permanent scheme, and even spoke to my former Principal, who supported the application.

However, MOE did not place me on Permanent estab straight. Instead, I was placed on this scheme called "Local Contract" - slightly different from Contract Adjunct - basically everything a permanent teacher does, not bound to a contract of 1 - 1.5 years like CAJT, BUT no connect plan. Salary was somewhat equivalent to my last drawn salary in MOE as a teacher on Permanent scheme.

After 2 years of serving this Local Contract scheme, I was finally re-emplaced on Permanent scheme after 4 years of trying.

Oh yes me too on that contract. I heard it's difficult to do come back.

Unregistered 31-03-2022 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211251)
Has anyone recently applied to become an FAJT in the REMS 2.0 portal? How long does the Processing usually take?

Think they usually advise to allow up to 2 months. At the start of the COVID outbreak, it could take even longer, but think it's faster now.

Unregistered 06-04-2022 11:15 PM

Hi, hope to hear more from ex-moe teachers in this thread. How has life been after quitting? What job did you change to? Any regrets? TIA!

Unregistered 07-04-2022 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211359)
Think they usually advise to allow up to 2 months. At the start of the COVID outbreak, it could take even longer, but think it's faster now.

Should be faster now. Its stated on their REMs website, the turnaround time is within 4 weeks. Applied 3 weeks ago, will see if this is true.

Unregistered 07-04-2022 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212739)
Should be faster now. Its stated on their REMs website, the turnaround time is within 4 weeks. Applied 3 weeks ago, will see if this is true.

Can advise how to apply to be fajt?

Iaba 07-04-2022 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212841)

go to:

https://rems.moe.edu.sg/

Unregistered 07-04-2022 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 212841)

1. Resign from moe
2. Apply to be fajt

Pros: less stress, more time, can focus on teaching and not epms stuff
Cons: unstable job, paycut, no bonus

If you have accumulated sufficient savings and investments, worth it to switch to fajt

Unregistered 08-04-2022 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 211261)
Oh yes me too on that contract. I heard it's difficult to do come back.

who did you vote for? :)

Unregistered 08-04-2022 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213086)
who did you vote for? :)

Vote what vote?

Unregistered 09-04-2022 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196211)
Able to share how much you earn on the side per month? $1000? $2000?

Teachers should be able to earn a lot on the side as tutors. I'm doing a full time job myself and tutoring on the side, and my tutoring income is at least $8k per month.