Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Ex-MOE Teachers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3908-ex-ministry-education-singapore-teachers.html)

Unregistered 15-12-2020 11:01 AM

They will indeed be limited by quota for their schools, but historically (not sure if still the case now) if the school wants the officer, they can make it happen.

If they're confident enough in your abilities, the SLs might be willing to recommend you to their own SL friends/peers, so it's definitely worth exploring if you still have such connections! If nothing else, they might be able to advise you better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151217)
I do have SLs who I am on good terms with. Just wondering if they also have their hands tied with HR restrictions wrt requests for KPs or teachers.

Unregistered 15-12-2020 04:41 PM

Thank you! Will take the advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151224)
They will indeed be limited by quota for their schools, but historically (not sure if still the case now) if the school wants the officer, they can make it happen.

If they're confident enough in your abilities, the SLs might be willing to recommend you to their own SL friends/peers, so it's definitely worth exploring if you still have such connections! If nothing else, they might be able to advise you better.

Thanks for replying!

I agree that there is nothing to lose if I were to reach out to these SLs to either look for vacancies or recommend me to their peers.

Unregistered 11-01-2021 07:09 PM

Help needed

Hi everyone,

I am a teacher who have completed my PGDE and am serving my bond. I am trying to hold out for as long as I can but sometimes I really find it difficult to continue. Hence, I would like to seek help here to find out on the breaking of bond. Does anyone know if I have to pay the full LD or if I have to pay part of the LD since I have fulfilled some years of the bond? Thank you.

Unregistered 12-01-2021 04:30 PM

Paying back bond

You will likely have to pay back what is unfufilled. So if you have served 2 out of the 3 years, you should be paying back a prorated amount.

Unregistered 12-01-2021 04:40 PM

Hi there, so sorry to hear about that :( i"m a prospective teacher and am curious why you have decide to breeak your bond if uu dont mind sharing....

Also, r u a pri/sec/jc cher?

Wishing u all the besst

Unregistered 12-01-2021 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153255)
You will likely have to pay back what is unfufilled. So if you have served 2 out of the 3 years, you should be paying back a prorated amount.

Thank you for your reply! It sure helps me to plan ahead and make a decision on whether to continue or not.

Unregistered 12-01-2021 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153256)
Hi there, so sorry to hear about that :( i"m a prospective teacher and am curious why you have decide to breeak your bond if uu dont mind sharing....

Also, r u a pri/sec/jc cher?

Wishing u all the besst

Hi, I am a sec school teacher. I think there are a number of reasons but fundamentally it stems from my realisation that my personality is not suited for teaching. I am also in a school where I feel I cannot really make mistakes. Hence, it is quite stifling for me.

I think the main issue is that I have not come to fully understand the job and myself and hence, ended up in such a predicament. And I also feel that if I were to carry on, it will be affecting these students in a negative way.

Thank you for your well wish :)

Unregistered 13-01-2021 02:05 PM

Hello all ex-MOE teachers,

Can you share your experience on your interaction and day-to-day dealing with your Administration Manager in school then?

Were your experience positive and if you think this is a good role for someone with about 8 years of working experience, uni grad.

Thank you.

Unregistered 13-01-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153358)
Hello all ex-MOE teachers,

Can you share your experience on your interaction and day-to-day dealing with your Administration Manager in school then?

Were your experience positive and if you think this is a good role for someone with about 8 years of working experience, uni grad.

Thank you.

As teachers We dont work closely with AM. Usually its the VP who will assign the work. My AM is an old lady

Unregistered 13-01-2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153361)
As teachers We dont work closely with AM. Usually its the VP who will assign the work. My AM is an old lady

Hi there, thanks for replying.

May I know what the administration work entails are they like busy bee in the school? OT lot?

Thank you.

Regards.