Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Insurance Management Associate Program (IMAP) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3778-insurance-management-associate-program-imap.html)

Cron 26-03-2014 02:22 PM

Insurance Management Associate Program (IMAP)

Hi all, anyone heard or have been in this program? would appreciate if I could receive some inputs on the career path, starting salary and benefits.

Unregistered 26-03-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cron (Post 49832)
Hi all, anyone heard or have been in this program? would appreciate if I could receive some inputs on the career path, starting salary and benefits.

Make sure u find out what they actually do. It may jus be a fanciful title for insurance agent. I recently got contacted by one of the insurance company's agency offering such management associate position. Tell me i can be a manager within one or 2 years time... but from the call, i caught many red flags.

1. I applied to the insurnace company for some corporate position (intern) but I dont rmb applying for the management program.
2. the position is full time, but im lookin for internship.
3. I am an undergraduate, n yet he is more interested whether i have diploma or A'lvl and whether im above 21.
4. All of the above information (except age, but being year3 undergrad, how young can i be?) could be found on my resume, which means he did not bother to look at my resume or dun even have my resume.

These inusrance company agency like to use fanciful titles to lure undergrad in. so be very careful.

Unregistered 29-03-2014 08:15 AM

Re: IMAP

Hi,

If you are talking about IMAP organised by Singapore College of Insurance then it is not a progam under an insurance agent facade.

Read into the details. It is sort of an education path (ACII) for u to pursue a career (and also open you into the insurance industry) in General Insurance (Broking,claims, underwriting, loss adjuster, reinsurance). As in the general insurance/reinsurance, ACII( Associate Chartered Insurance Institute from UK) is a well recognised professional insurance cert in the insurance industry akin to ACCA to accountants and/or auditors.

When you enrol for the program, they will source for an insurance company/Broking firm/loss adjusting/reinsurance company to employ you as the "scholar" if you pass the interviews and requirements. Then the company will sponsor your education and pay you a monthly stipend depending on your working experience and you will be bonded to the company for 2 to 3 years. Not too sure about the arrangement now, but previously the arrangement for the study phase (first year) is half day work and half day study.

If you are interested in joining the insurance industry, you can give it a try (apply for the program). Even if you in the end do not want to enrol into the program, you may somehow still acquire some introduction into general insurance/reinsurance industry. The ppl there will explain to you during interview.

Cron 31-03-2014 03:33 PM

Thanks for the replies. Has anyone enrolled in this program before?

Unregistered 01-04-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cron (Post 50033)
Thanks for the replies. Has anyone enrolled in this program before?

I almost wanted to join but in the end, I was employed straight into an insurance company.

anonymousme 26-06-2014 10:52 AM

Anyone knows how long it takes from the 1st interview to be called up for the second? I'm done with the first interview of the IMAP program with sci. Waiting for 2nd with the firm.

Cron 16-12-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymousme (Post 52743)
Anyone knows how long it takes from the 1st interview to be called up for the second? I'm done with the first interview of the IMAP program with sci. Waiting for 2nd with the firm.

Hi did you get the second interview? If so how did it go?

Unregistered 23-01-2015 06:29 PM

iMAP 2015

Hi,

Anyone applied for this programme this year? Is there a minimum requirement for class of honours?

Unregistered 07-05-2017 12:07 AM

iMAP 2017

Hi, has anyone applied or received interview invitations this year? Any offer yet?

Unregistered 03-03-2020 11:58 PM

iMAP 2020

Bump, anyone applying for iMAP 2020???