Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   OCBC - Group Technology (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3750-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-group-technology.html)

FreshGraduate 19-03-2014 08:40 AM

OCBC - Group Technology

Hi all!

Some info of me, a undergraduate on my final semester in one of the local uni. I am offered the OCBC Young Banker Programme under group tech.

I would like to seek some guidance from the seniors in this forum that working in or used to work in ocbc (probably group tech but all are welcome to comment ).

I would like to check on the working culture inside group tech for ocbc. Are they doing alot of coding or more of managing the existing infrastructure or even project management?

How's the working hours like? Heard from seniors that ocbc is an OT powerhouse and i would like to verify this piece of info.

How about the pay and career prospect/progression? Average bonus payout? Does executive level entitle to AWS (13th mth)? I came across this info somewhere else that ocbc will increase the leave to 24days after 2 years of service and the employee shares scheme kicks in after 2 years of service too. Any seniors out there could verify it?

Thanks in advance for your kind inputs

Unregistered 21-03-2014 09:50 AM

"Benefits are good. Annual leave increases from 21 to 24 after 2 years of service. Employee share scheme applies to all staff with more than 2 years' service."

I'm interested to know more about ocbc group technology too. If above statement is true, imho ocbc have a rather competitive benefits compared to other banks.

Unregistered 22-03-2014 09:27 PM

Up for awareness

Unregistered 23-03-2014 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49602)
"Benefits are good. Annual leave increases from 21 to 24 after 2 years of service. Employee share scheme applies to all staff with more than 2 years' service."

I'm interested to know more about ocbc group technology too. If above statement is true, imho ocbc have a rather competitive benefits compared to other banks.

erm almost all bank starts with 24 days of AL so... ESS on the other hand might be interesting

Unregistered 23-03-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49602)

DBS annual leave starts at 24 + 2 family day so you get 26 days right of the start. Employee share scheme applies to all staff with more than ONE year of service.

Also DBS ends work at 6pm while its like 6.15 or 6.30 for OCBC. Needless to say DBS has better benefits if you are comparing local banks :P

Unregistered 23-03-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49674)
DBS annual leave starts at 24 + 2 family day so you get 26 days right of the start. Employee share scheme applies to all staff with more than ONE year of service.

Also DBS ends work at 6pm while its like 6.15 or 6.30 for OCBC. Needless to say DBS has better benefits if you are comparing local banks :P

DBS offer 24AL +2 family day leave? What do you mean mean family leave? It seems like DBS offering a very competitive benefits!

Unregistered 23-03-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49675)
DBS offer 24AL +2 family day leave? What do you mean mean family leave? It seems like DBS offering a very competitive benefits!

Family leave is just leave you can take to take care or spend with family. But in general is treated like normal AL. Can't be carried forward to the following year. 24+2 is the very basic for most foreign bank to be honest. And working hours doesn't really matter since you will OT most of the time

Unregistered 02-05-2014 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49700)
Family leave is just leave you can take to take care or spend with family. But in general is treated like normal AL. Can't be carried forward to the following year. 24+2 is the very basic for most foreign bank to be honest. And working hours doesn't really matter since you will OT most of the time

OCBC has the same leave scheme... No big deal...

Unregistered 02-05-2014 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 51042)

So many places have the same leave scheme. Really no big deal.

Unregistered 02-05-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 51042)

Ocbc has the same leave scheme? Care to elaborate more?

foreign_talent 03-05-2014 07:08 PM

OCBC Tech full of FT

Hi,
Welcome to OCBC. Just visit the Tampines Centre 1 (near CPF building) and you will meet all sorts of people you will be working with - Indians, filipinos, Indon, PRC...
They all work long hours and you will be expected to do the same, unless you want to be replaced by one of them...

Unregistered 03-05-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreign_talent (Post 51088)
Hi,
Welcome to OCBC. Just visit the Tampines Centre 1 (near CPF building) and you will meet all sorts of people you will be working with - Indians, filipinos, Indon, PRC...
They all work long hours and you will be expected to do the same, unless you want to be replaced by one of them...

Yes, i am clearly aware of the influx of FT in ocbc tech. It will be good if you could give some other information like remuneration, working hour (OT till 10pm and etc), which route would be a better choice (I believe there are alot of different dept in ocbc tech) and etc.

Thank you.

Karen 05-05-2014 04:58 PM

OCBC Tech

Hi,
1. There are more than a dozen tech dept in OCBC - most Business Units have their own tech, and then tehre are subsidies (Great Eastern, BOS, etc) and there are shared services. OT etc, will depend on where you end up.
2. Make sure that no FT is your boss. Otherwise it is a good place.

All the best

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 51089)
Yes, i am clearly aware of the influx of FT in ocbc tech. It will be good if you could give some other information like remuneration, working hour (OT till 10pm and etc), which route would be a better choice (I believe there are alot of different dept in ocbc tech) and etc.

Thank you.

FreshGraduate 05-05-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen (Post 51149)
Hi,
1. There are more than a dozen tech dept in OCBC - most Business Units have their own tech, and then tehre are subsidies (Great Eastern, BOS, etc) and there are shared services. OT etc, will depend on where you end up.

All the best

Hi Karen,

Could you please PM me on what are the "better" dept to be in?

Geraldine 07-05-2014 12:18 PM

FT vs local

Hi,
I thought that the influx of FT is slowing down with the cap on visas, interviewing requirements, etc. How come I still see so many FT in OCBC Tampines?
Which banks of Singapore still hire Singaporeans?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen (Post 51149)
Hi,

All the best

job_seeker 08-05-2014 02:02 PM

interview process in OCBC tech - how long

Hi,
How long it takes for OCBC tech to recruit an AVP? I applied last week and need a job desparately.
The HR is unresponsive and I don't even know if they will speak to me at all.

FreshGraduate 29-05-2014 08:15 PM

Hi Seniors! I would like to seek your advice on which route should I go for. Deeply appreciate if anyone could explain the below mentioned position available.

1) System Delivery – system analyst
2) IT Project Management Office – support to project managers
3) Business Analyst
4) Run The Bank

Unregistered 30-07-2014 11:04 PM

What's the ranking structure like? Is it AM7 -> MGR6 -> AVP5 -> VP4 -> ??

Any idea what's the pay range like for each rank?

Thank you

Unregistered 31-07-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geraldine (Post 51189)
Hi,
I thought that the influx of FT is slowing down with the cap on visas, interviewing requirements, etc. How come I still see so many FT in OCBC Tampines?
Which banks of Singapore still hire Singaporeans?

i believe many of them are already granted PR status (perhaps fast tracked), so technically they aren't "FT".

and when media reported that a high percentage of bank employees are "locals", be very careful, because the definition of "locals" include PRs.

there must be a reason why they refuse to further break down the numbers. i'm very sure they know the % of citizens, % of PRs, and % of EP holders.

Unregistered 31-07-2014 05:06 PM

anyone notice the application site has changed?

Kopi 31-07-2014 11:07 PM

The application don't seems to be opened at this moment

Unregistered 07-08-2014 01:18 AM

Just a helpful FYI, be prepared to work late. Coming back during weekends may even be the norm. Of cos, all depends on what project you are doing.

Unregistered 12-02-2015 07:01 PM

Hello, any advice on the panel interview by concern young banker for group tech?

Unregistered 12-02-2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62637)
Hello, any advice on the panel interview by concern young banker for group tech?

Hey. When did you get the call for interview? I went for HR interview in late Nov but haven't heard from them since then.

Unregistered 12-02-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62642)
Hey. When did you get the call for interview? I went for HR interview in late Nov but haven't heard from them since then.

Just today. I went for the hr interview last Friday. Anyone knows what I should expect??

Unregistered 14-02-2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62647)
Just today. I went for the hr interview last Friday. Anyone knows what I should expect??

yeah, what will the interview questions be like?

Unregistered 18-02-2015 09:22 AM

How long does it take for them to get back after the second interview?

Unregistered 10-03-2015 08:04 AM

It depends, and very much depends on the schedule of your hiring manager.

Unregistered 12-01-2016 11:44 PM

share ocbc

Ocbc working normal working hour is 9-18:30
but in real life, you will be working at earliest until 8PM.

too much to do in ocbc.
despite the good benefit, but no real life balance. good for seniors only, not youngster ..
:)
salary between 5k-8k depends for position mgr6 - AVP 4

Unregistered 13-01-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77987)
Ocbc working normal working hour is 9-18:30
but in real life, you will be working at earliest until 8PM.

too much to do in ocbc.
despite the good benefit, but no real life balance. good for seniors only, not youngster ..
:)
salary between 5k-8k depends for position mgr6 - AVP 4

How is the structure like. In foreign bank is analyst associate avp vp md.

Unregistered 13-01-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopi (Post 54015)
The application don't seems to be opened at this moment

Hiring freeze?!

Unregistered 06-09-2017 06:21 PM

Rick

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77997)
How is the structure like. In foreign bank is analyst associate avp vp md.

Looking for same info, how is OCBC's employee structure goes
AvP5->AVP4->3->2>1 then VP
or reveres?
Whats the difference between avp5 and avp4.
How is the bonus structure for diff rank.?
Can a AVP perform system analyst job?