Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   OCBC - Group Technology (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3750-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-group-technology.html)

FreshGraduate 19-03-2014 08:40 AM

OCBC - Group Technology

Hi all!

Some info of me, a undergraduate on my final semester in one of the local uni. I am offered the OCBC Young Banker Programme under group tech.

I would like to seek some guidance from the seniors in this forum that working in or used to work in ocbc (probably group tech but all are welcome to comment ).

I would like to check on the working culture inside group tech for ocbc. Are they doing alot of coding or more of managing the existing infrastructure or even project management?

How's the working hours like? Heard from seniors that ocbc is an OT powerhouse and i would like to verify this piece of info.

How about the pay and career prospect/progression? Average bonus payout? Does executive level entitle to AWS (13th mth)? I came across this info somewhere else that ocbc will increase the leave to 24days after 2 years of service and the employee shares scheme kicks in after 2 years of service too. Any seniors out there could verify it?

Thanks in advance for your kind inputs

Unregistered 21-03-2014 09:50 AM

"Benefits are good. Annual leave increases from 21 to 24 after 2 years of service. Employee share scheme applies to all staff with more than 2 years' service."

I'm interested to know more about ocbc group technology too. If above statement is true, imho ocbc have a rather competitive benefits compared to other banks.

Unregistered 22-03-2014 09:27 PM

Up for awareness

Unregistered 23-03-2014 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49602)
"Benefits are good. Annual leave increases from 21 to 24 after 2 years of service. Employee share scheme applies to all staff with more than 2 years' service."

I'm interested to know more about ocbc group technology too. If above statement is true, imho ocbc have a rather competitive benefits compared to other banks.

erm almost all bank starts with 24 days of AL so... ESS on the other hand might be interesting

Unregistered 23-03-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49602)

DBS annual leave starts at 24 + 2 family day so you get 26 days right of the start. Employee share scheme applies to all staff with more than ONE year of service.

Also DBS ends work at 6pm while its like 6.15 or 6.30 for OCBC. Needless to say DBS has better benefits if you are comparing local banks :P

Unregistered 23-03-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49674)
DBS annual leave starts at 24 + 2 family day so you get 26 days right of the start. Employee share scheme applies to all staff with more than ONE year of service.

Also DBS ends work at 6pm while its like 6.15 or 6.30 for OCBC. Needless to say DBS has better benefits if you are comparing local banks :P

DBS offer 24AL +2 family day leave? What do you mean mean family leave? It seems like DBS offering a very competitive benefits!

Unregistered 23-03-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49675)
DBS offer 24AL +2 family day leave? What do you mean mean family leave? It seems like DBS offering a very competitive benefits!

Family leave is just leave you can take to take care or spend with family. But in general is treated like normal AL. Can't be carried forward to the following year. 24+2 is the very basic for most foreign bank to be honest. And working hours doesn't really matter since you will OT most of the time

Unregistered 02-05-2014 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49700)
Family leave is just leave you can take to take care or spend with family. But in general is treated like normal AL. Can't be carried forward to the following year. 24+2 is the very basic for most foreign bank to be honest. And working hours doesn't really matter since you will OT most of the time

OCBC has the same leave scheme... No big deal...

Unregistered 02-05-2014 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 51042)

So many places have the same leave scheme. Really no big deal.

Unregistered 02-05-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 51042)

Ocbc has the same leave scheme? Care to elaborate more?