working in EDB(procurement) - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




working in EDB(procurement)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 15-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 8
Jaxel80 is on a distinguished road
Default working in EDB(procurement)

Hi all, am seeking comments pertaining to the working environment in EDB. The role i am talking abt is Senior Officer/Assistant Head doing procurement.

Is it like very fast paced with lots of work to follow up even after wking hours, bring wk hm to do, wk end no rest etc etc?

Any inputs are greatly welcomed!

Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

does anybody also noe the staff benefits at EDB? eg. how much annual leave, average variable bonus(not referring to 13th mth), flexi benefits etc etc

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 18-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel80 View Post
Hi all, am seeking comments pertaining to the working environment in EDB. The role i am talking abt is Senior Officer/Assistant Head doing procurement.

Is it like very fast paced with lots of work to follow up even after wking hours, bring wk hm to do, wk end no rest etc etc?

Any inputs are greatly welcomed!

Thanks in advance!
anyone please?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 19-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
anyone please?
In general, workload in EDB is higher than usual (comparing to other agencies). Their culture used to be of "Churn and Burn"; officers go in through their baptism of fire, those who survived will climb, those who don't will get out within 2 - 3 years. But with the new CE on board, they are slowly shifting towards people-centric. So I guess the culture now in EDB is generally better than before.

In terms of AL, EDB is the same as other public agencies. They have other benefits such as flexi benefit (a token sum about $800 a year for reimbursement, not sure if it's still this amount), monthly HP reimbursement (not sure how much), and their medical claim and dental benefits should be the same (if not slightly better) than public agencies.

Similar to all public agencies, the amount of workload (the need to OT or work on weekends) depend on your jobs/responsbilities, as well as your supervisor. So unless you know someone in the department/division you're intending to join, it'll be hard to answer your question for this aspect.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 19-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In general, workload in EDB is higher than usual (comparing to other agencies). Their culture used to be of "Churn and Burn"; officers go in through their baptism of fire, those who survived will climb, those who don't will get out within 2 - 3 years. But with the new CE on board, they are slowly shifting towards people-centric. So I guess the culture now in EDB is generally better than before.

In terms of AL, EDB is the same as other public agencies. They have other benefits such as flexi benefit (a token sum about $800 a year for reimbursement, not sure if it's still this amount), monthly HP reimbursement (not sure how much), and their medical claim and dental benefits should be the same (if not slightly better) than public agencies.

Similar to all public agencies, the amount of workload (the need to OT or work on weekends) depend on your jobs/responsbilities, as well as your supervisor. So unless you know someone in the department/division you're intending to join, it'll be hard to answer your question for this aspect.

Hi
I am also keen to find out more about EDB, any comment on the pay scale?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2014, 02:07 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The working style in EDB is still very fast paced. You see people working until the wee hours of the morning or even overnight. In extreme cases, falling sick from over-work is not uncommon as datelines tight and workload is really heavy.

- as a gauge, for my first 4 months I worked every single weekend just trying to clear work off my plate.

As for the pay, I would consider the quantum to be quite high (3-4k for fresh grad, with 3-7 month bonus depending on your performance), but given the hours you put in you can get better at banks/consultancies.

It's a good place to gain experience, and if you're very driven there are opportunities for you to climb the ladder even if you're not a scholar. Good officers are also groomed very deliberately, with supporting bosses. But you have to be very determined and willing to compete with a lot of highly capable colleagues as well.

I wish you the best of luck in your application, and I hope this review was helpful to you.

Cheers,
-current employee
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 19-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The working style in EDB is still very fast paced. You see people working until the wee hours of the morning or even overnight. In extreme cases, falling sick from over-work is not uncommon as datelines tight and workload is really heavy.

- as a gauge, for my first 4 months I worked every single weekend just trying to clear work off my plate.

As for the pay, I would consider the quantum to be quite high (3-4k for fresh grad, with 3-7 month bonus depending on your performance), but given the hours you put in you can get better at banks/consultancies.

It's a good place to gain experience, and if you're very driven there are opportunities for you to climb the ladder even if you're not a scholar. Good officers are also groomed very deliberately, with supporting bosses. But you have to be very determined and willing to compete with a lot of highly capable colleagues as well.

I wish you the best of luck in your application, and I hope this review was helpful to you.

Cheers,
-current employee
Hello,

May I know if the 3-7 months quoted already factors in the mid-year and NPAA bonus? Also, 3 months (all-in) is for a below-average performer or average performer?

thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 25-01-2018, 03:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default What is like working in EDB?

I have been offer a job in Business Environment Department but don't know whether i should take up the offer. Anyone working in this department and whether there are alot of OT? Can anyone advise me? Thank you
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SIA Procurement Executive blueodyssey Income and Jobs 15 23-01-2017 04:25 PM
Procurement Executive weftrigins Income and Jobs 2 12-02-2014 02:13 PM
Career Prospects as a Procurement/Expediting Executive earendil Income and Jobs 2 17-04-2013 01:24 AM
procurement job making right choice Marketplace and Find Work 0 27-01-2013 08:56 PM
Procurement Director Salary yice Income and Jobs 1 11-05-2012 09:27 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 225,950 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,702 Replies, 2,257,206 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,028 Replies, 791,888 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,012 Replies, 8,688,003 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,871 Replies, 6,240,418 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,747 Replies, 819,874 Views
is this tech job normal? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
40 Replies, 4,339 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,010 Replies, 524,217 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,275 Replies, 877,135 Views
Management Consultant in Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 68,440 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,514 Replies, 1,972,792 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,848 Replies, 2,800,390 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,436 Replies, 3,378,490 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
167 Replies, 61,751 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
857 Replies, 175,793 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
858 Replies, 391,460 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
439 Replies, 107,943 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
319 Replies, 210,070 Views
Reference Checks: Does SG HR... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 150,334 Views
PSA International ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 24,027 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,048 Replies, 358,186 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,333 Replies, 2,233,254 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
311 Replies, 139,023 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
862 Replies, 596,418 Views
Marriott International
0 Replies, 103 Views
Internship tips
5 Replies, 290 Views
HSBC Bank ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 57,876 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
199 Replies, 159,312 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,585 Replies, 3,026,815 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
352 Replies, 139,658 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2