Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Stress about getting out of IT (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3719-stress-about-getting-out.html)

westflame 11-03-2014 10:48 AM

Stress about getting out of IT

Hi guys, a little about myself. I'm 29 this year. Have been doing IT support for 6 years and i made up my mind to get out of it. I'm holding a diploma holder in IT and a private degree in Business in Event and Convention Management.

If i want to apply for a MSO position in govt, stat board. What are the realistic salary range to expect? Currently drawing only 2.2 :(

aplover 11-03-2014 01:15 PM

Bro.. 6yrs only at 2.2k. You seriously shortchanged urself man

westflame 11-03-2014 01:17 PM

Haiz bro. what to do. stuck in Desktop support. Working in SOE now and don't have the opportunity to promote to team lead. Management all blind thats why i want to jump out of this SOE shithole.

Really very emo.

Unregistered 11-03-2014 03:33 PM

No matter what, get a job first before quitting your present one.

Now even want to be property agent also not easy to survive. Transaction volumes dropped to all time low. Too young for taxi driver's licence. Insurance agents now need to pass the financial advisor tests.

How like that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by westflame (Post 49256)
Haiz bro. what to do. stuck in Desktop support. Working in SOE now and don't have the opportunity to promote to team lead. Management all blind thats why i want to jump out of this SOE shithole.

Really very emo.

Unregistered 11-03-2014 04:39 PM

if you are good and is willing to learn... try joining one of those IT distributors... learn the tricks.. pick up some niche skillsets (tech wise) and learn sales skills too.. and find opportunity to move to big SI, global ISP or principal vendors.. that's where the money is.

fi_east 11-03-2014 07:00 PM

Bro soon SOE going to be replaced by WOG.. better get out soon.. btw ur diploma from which institution?, and ur degree also from?..

westflame 11-03-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fi_east (Post 49266)
Bro soon SOE going to be replaced by WOG.. better get out soon.. btw ur diploma from which institution?, and ur degree also from?..

Hi bro, i know SOE gonna end soon thats why i also wanna get out. Sick of doing desktop support. Dip from SP and degree is part time study, awarded by Southern Cross Uni, aussie U.

fi_east 12-03-2014 12:59 PM

U already get a degree and still earning diploma pay??.. u must have spend at least $15k on the degree?.. degree shld the pay be at least $2500, plus u have experience somemore

westflame 12-03-2014 01:12 PM

Haiz bro, i know i shortchanged myself. i stayed in SOE because i thot i can get the opportunity to promote to team lead, end up management people all blind and worse, SOE also going to finish.

I spent close to 28k for the degree when i was working as a TA..

Sad to say, my experience only IT support, if i want to change new job, who will want to employ? damn sad and emo.:(

westflame 13-03-2014 02:50 PM

what is the success rate of govt job if i apply thru career@gov. take note that im only applying those diploma lvl jobs as i dun think my degree is recognized in govt agencies. please advise.