Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Will it be difficult for me to find another job without a PR? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3678-will-difficult-me-find-another-job-without-pr.html)

Devjyoti 05-03-2014 02:23 AM

Will it be difficult for me to find another job without a PR?

Hi all,

I am a 31 year old banking professional, living and working in Singapore on an Employment Pass for the last seven years. I work in risk/ product control, and have previously worked in audit. I don't want to go back to audit.

There's news that our department is being moved offshore.

I make around 100000 SGD per annum.

How easy or difficult will it be for me to land another job in Singapore without a PR? I would like at least the same salary.

Devjyoti 05-03-2014 02:31 AM

Anyone here who was in Singapore on an EP and managed to find a job in such a situation, especially recently when Singapore isn't very welcoming towards foreigners?

I'm married btw, my wife (she holds a Dependent Pass) doesn't work and for certain personal reasons, she isn't likely to work in the near future so I can't hang around in Singapore on a Dependent Pass.

Unregistered 05-03-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devjyoti (Post 48907)
Anyone here who was in Singapore on an EP and managed to find a job in such a situation, especially recently when Singapore isn't very welcoming towards foreigners?

I'm married btw, my wife (she holds a Dependent Pass) doesn't work and for certain personal reasons, she isn't likely to work in the near future so I can't hang around in Singapore on a Dependent Pass.

Why do you say Singapore isn't welcoming towards foreigners? Do you know that half of the professional workforce here consists of foreign talents like yourself? If this isn't welcoming, I don't know what is.

Sam Adams 05-03-2014 09:57 AM

starting a hundred new threads wont improve your chances one bit

Unregistered 05-03-2014 10:03 AM

You may want to consider going home and grow your business empire there.

Unregistered 05-03-2014 11:33 AM

you earn 100k per annum and you cannot solve a problem like this? seriously?

warning 05-03-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devjyoti (Post 48906)
I make around 100000 SGD per annum. How easy or difficult will it be for me to land another job in Singapore without a PR? I would like at least the same salary.

If you lower you salary, you'll probably have an really easy time finding jobs.
You can't have your cake and eat it. Want to stay in Singapore and want to maintain such a high salary too.

If your job is being moved offshore, it obviously shows that you are getting too expensive.

Devjyoti 05-03-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warning (Post 48922)
If you lower you salary, you'll probably have an really easy time finding jobs.
You can't have your cake and eat it. Want to stay in Singapore and want to maintain such a high salary too.

If your job is being moved offshore, it obviously shows that you are getting too expensive.

I can't lower my salary, as it is the cost of living is way too high here. I have a group of friends here who're very successful investment bankers and consultants, who make two and a half times what I make.

Unregistered 05-03-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devjyoti (Post 48938)
I can't lower my salary, as it is the cost of living is way too high here. I have a group of friends here who're very successful investment bankers and consultants, who make two and a half times what I make.

then i suggest you either lower your standard of living or go home. cause it's people like you who create the neverending cycle of an increasing cost of living for us still in singapore. if there is a demand, the prices will still go up.

Sam Adams 05-03-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devjyoti (Post 48938)

can't or won't?