Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Reference checks with employers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3590-reference-checks-employers.html)

floralpeace 17-02-2014 12:01 PM

Reference checks with employers
 
Just wanted to know if anyone had your references checked before and how was the process like?

Does the HR call the ex - manager whom u put in the application form or do they call the company to look for all the managers you worked with?

floralpeace 17-02-2014 12:03 PM

Im asking because Im most likely getting 3 good reference against 1 very unjustified bad one

Unregistered 17-02-2014 03:22 PM

i think the new HR will call the HR of your old company first and verify everything.

Unregistered 17-02-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48357)
i think the new HR will call the HR of your old company first and verify everything.

So its just a check of the period of employment instead of check of conduct, work performance?

How would the HR know of performance.

Unregistered 17-02-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48358)
So its just a check of the period of employment instead of check of conduct, work performance?

How would the HR know of performance.

i supposed u submitted some form of work performance review in your old company. these records are kept by the HR.

In every company, the most powerful person is not the CEO, not CFO, CTO. It is the HR.

They can do everything they want, talk to all managers, do background checks, credit check, court proceedings - everything.

Unregistered 17-02-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48359)
i supposed u submitted some form of work performance review in your old company. these records are kept by the HR.

In every company, the most powerful person is not the CEO, not CFO, CTO. It is the HR.

They can do everything they want, talk to all managers, do background checks, credit check, court proceedings - everything.

Didnt stay long enough for a review.

aspenx 19-02-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48359)
i supposed u submitted some form of work performance review in your old company. these records are kept by the HR.

In every company, the most powerful person is not the CEO, not CFO, CTO. It is the HR.

They can do everything they want, talk to all managers, do background checks, credit check, court proceedings - everything.

Disclaimer: The above is more true for larger companies (<10?) and may not apply to smaller companies where "HR" may have to report such requests for checks to management and get approval for release.

Unregistered 19-02-2014 09:14 AM

My job application form had a space to fill in references, to put in 2 names. So I put, and my HR let me know prior to calling the 2 references I had listed. Thats all.

Unregistered 19-02-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspenx (Post 48427)
Disclaimer: The above is more true for larger companies (<10?) and may not apply to smaller companies where "HR" may have to report such requests for checks to management and get approval for release.

My company is huge, I only going to meet the HR on last day, and there's many HR for many diff functions.

So how do they do reference, just by calling? Then is ok for me.

Unregistered 19-02-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 48436)
My company is huge, I only going to meet the HR on last day, and there's many HR for many diff functions.

So how do they do reference, just by calling? Then is ok for me.

ya, HR of private companies normally just call, and maybe some do simple online search. if in government sector, security clearance is different story.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2