Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Relationship Manager V.S Personal Banker (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3367-relationship-manager-v-s-personal-banker.html)

Unregistered 28-11-2013 11:30 AM

this is getting no where. there will always be haters around hiding behind screens and fight with keyboards. haha!

Unregistered 28-11-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45780)
fascinating. only in salary.sg do you see people saying things such as 10k salary is "low".

i would expect senior RMs to make at least 200k/yr including commissions. that's why i said 10k++/mth is low. they are serving minimally the privileged / priority banking customers (whether aunties or not i don't care), so commissions can be lucrative. fact that they stayed on long enough to be "senior" RMs means they can sell.

Unregistered 28-11-2013 01:04 PM

so which bank would be better to start with as a junior RM?

Unregistered 28-11-2013 01:06 PM

Just want to ask, to join as a junior RM, do banks take in private degree grads?

Unregistered 28-11-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45790)
Just want to ask, to join as a junior RM, do banks take in private degree grads?

Of course, PB/junior RMs are one of the easiest roles to get in. Most pple prefer wealth management, treasury, corporate banking rather then doing PB sales. Usually PB sales is those buay tak chek pple join. But then they do so well and become very rich and laugh at others.

Unregistered 28-11-2013 04:57 PM

ya. sales is a very very easy job. you go and talk to people and persuade them to buy, they will buy on the spot.

Unregistered 28-11-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45808)
Of course, PB/junior RMs are one of the easiest roles to get in. Most pple prefer wealth management, treasury, corporate banking rather then doing PB sales. Usually PB sales is those buay tak chek pple join. But then they do so well and become very rich and laugh at others.

Woah I sense some bitterness here, were you a failed PB/jnr RM or have been cheated out of you money by one or failed an interview for the position?

Are you in wealth management, treasury, corporate banking? Do you even know the role(s) in each of the mentioned?

Unregistered 29-11-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45835)
Woah I sense some bitterness here, were you a failed PB/jnr RM or have been cheated out of you money by one or failed an interview for the position?

Are you in wealth management, treasury, corporate banking? Do you even know the role(s) in each of the mentioned?

yep I am in corporate banking. Started in SME banking then move on to corporate banking. Dealing with MNCs and GLCs now. I think corporate banking is more atas then retail banking.

Unregistered 29-11-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45852)
yep I am in corporate banking. Started in SME banking then move on to corporate banking. Dealing with MNCs and GLCs now. I think corporate banking is more atas then retail banking.

Dun get me wrong, I was never in banking. But just curious to know when you were never in so called PB/RM role, how do you pass judgement on what those folks are doing?

As I understand, sme/corporate banking RMs needs to suck up to the bosses/one downs of CFOs or even lower, no?

I am a business owner and my circle of friends includes C level people and the stories they share with me on the extend of what their "Corporate RMs" will do to get into their good books amuses me

Unregistered 30-11-2013 12:13 AM

I am a forum user and my circle of readings includes "clowns" and the stories they share with everybody on the extend of what banking positions comparison are all about amuses me.