Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ - Page 3 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 27-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Has anybody worked in the Asian systems office before in the bank. Is the environment good and conducive for growth?
My dept was opposite them. Not to sure what they do but they look very bored and quite alot of japs there.

Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 27-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My dept was opposite them. Not to sure what they do but they look very bored and quite alot of japs there.
Oh well that sounds like nightmare to me. Now I know why they look bored cos they need to comply with the Japanese culture and rule more rigidly that is why.

Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 27-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh well that sounds like nightmare to me. Now I know why they look bored cos they need to comply with the Japanese culture and rule more rigidly that is why.
Are the Jap there young or old? Older means harder time I guess.

Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 27-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are the Jap there young or old? Older means harder time I guess.
Middle aged, late 30s to late 40s.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 27-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Middle aged, late 30s to late 40s.
Honestly, is the culture of the bank moderate Japanese with some western influence or traditional japanese style where subordinates are slaves and you should never say no?
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 28-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Honestly, is the culture of the bank moderate Japanese with some western influence or traditional japanese style where subordinates are slaves and you should never say no?
Moderate japanese culture as most of the Japanese who get to work in Singapore are high flyers who are rotated every 3 years and most of them have worked in America / Europe.

Having said that there are also some who despite having the above still bear traditional values. My ex Jap dept head mentioned in our dept meeting," I do not have a good opinion of staff who leave the office at 6pm".....dafuq.. Not very busy also they want you to stay in office and facetime.

Then again my dept was a tokyo unit and half of the 20+ staff were high ranking japs.
In local departments where the majority of the staff are locals this is rarer.
Reply With Quote

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 28-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 5414695563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Moderate japanese culture as most of the Japanese who get to work in Singapore are high flyers who are rotated every 3 years and most of them have worked in America / Europe.

Having said that there are also some who despite having the above still bear traditional values. My ex Jap dept head mentioned in our dept meeting," I do not have a good opinion of staff who leave the office at 6pm".....dafuq.. Not very busy also they want you to stay in office and facetime.

Then again my dept was a tokyo unit and half of the 20+ staff were high ranking japs.
In local departments where the majority of the staff are locals this is rarer.
Thanks for information. I sounds better than the Jap MNC I am currently work for which boast it is one of the top 5 largest in their country.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 28-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for information. I sounds better than the Jap MNC I am currently work for which boast it is one of the top 5 largest in their country.
Usually if the bank HR tell u we will get back to you within a week as we still have a few more candidates to go through, you feel is there a chance that one will get shortlisted for second interview?
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 28-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Usually if the bank HR tell u we will get back to you within a week as we still have a few more candidates to go through, you feel is there a chance that one will get shortlisted for second interview?
Depends on how are the other candidates. HR will go through all that shortlist the final batch then wait for the Jap boss to pick out of the pool to see who he want to meet in the 2nd round.

Hmm my first round was already with HR + Team leader + senior Jap + jap dept head.

2nd round was Jap dept head + Jap GM from Tokyo.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 28-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 14
fusion is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depends on how are the other candidates. HR will go through all that shortlist the final batch then wait for the Jap boss to pick out of the pool to see who he want to meet in the 2nd round.

Hmm my first round was already with HR + Team leader + senior Jap + jap dept head.

2nd round was Jap dept head + Jap GM from Tokyo.
I see thanks for the information. Mine was with the HR+ 2 Managers.

Hope it all goes ways.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article: HDB loan or bank loan? Reasons to choose a BANK loan fahl.sean Investments and Net Worth 2 20-06-2016 05:53 PM
$3.5K for an IT role in a local bank unknown Income and Jobs 11 14-03-2014 02:13 PM
fx specialist role in brokerage kyle Income and Jobs 0 07-08-2013 02:51 PM
Salary for marketing/communication role in bank? Thought01 Income and Jobs 4 18-07-2012 03:25 PM
Operations officer in bank Bean Income and Jobs 8 20-01-2012 10:22 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
98 Replies, 12,509 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
387 Replies, 286,533 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,184 Replies, 967,570 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 15,267 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,089 Replies, 498,819 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
667 Replies, 210,183 Views
Submitting My Resume To ST... ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 21,810 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 650 Views
Please Share DBS Average Months... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,688 Views
Can share your your car...
2 Replies, 157 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,094 Replies, 5,577,170 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,546 Replies, 2,597,555 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies
7 Replies, 2,107 Views
Any Kaplan students here can land... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 978 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,291 Replies, 906,214 Views
Sign On After 30? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 2,810 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,832 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,750 Replies, 268,865 Views
Android, iPhone and iPad Apps For...
2 Replies, 2,343 Views
HR Career advice
2 Replies, 1,355 Views
where can i buy nintendo stock?
5 Replies, 3,292 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
53 Replies, 12,721 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,906 Replies, 1,083,069 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,728 Replies, 796,836 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,292 Replies, 1,904,109 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 75,079 Views
need some info on CNB
0 Replies, 125 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
335 Replies, 263,196 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2