Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Engineer in PUB (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3283-engineer-public-utilities-board.html)

telaviv10 03-11-2013 02:48 PM

Engineer in PUB

Hi, I am offered a position as Engineer in PUB. Anyone here works there care to share working culture and compensation wise?

I'm fresh grad from NTU 2nd Upper with NS. How much should I be getting?
Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 03-11-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telaviv10 (Post 44863)
Hi, I am offered a position as Engineer in PUB. Anyone here works there care to share working culture and compensation wise?

Thanks in advance!

are you from Israel?

telaviv10 03-11-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44866)
are you from Israel?

Haha nope!

Unregistered 03-11-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telaviv10 (Post 44863)

Thanks in advance!

my guess is 3.6k,

please update us when they offer you the final amount, thank you

Unregistered 03-11-2013 05:10 PM

Pretty standard govt job. Stable, not too bad.
Know of a fresh grad 2:1 girl getting 3.4 so with NS 3.6k should be about right.

telaviv10 03-11-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44872)
my guess is 3.6k,

please update us when they offer you the final amount, thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44873)
Pretty standard govt job. Stable, not too bad.
Know of a fresh grad 2:1 girl getting 3.4 so with NS 3.6k should be about right.

Thanks for the input guys! Yup I will update here when I get the final offer from them this coming week.

telaviv10 06-11-2013 04:52 PM

Hi guys, just got my letter of offer through email today. I am a bit confused with the pay structure though. The have commencing monthly salary = $2xxx, variable component = $xxx and gross monthly = $3xxx

So, i was wondering if my starting salary will just be the $2xxx and perhaps after probation period then increase to $3xxx?
Thanks in advance for all your help!

Unregistered 06-11-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telaviv10 (Post 44983)
Hi guys, just got my letter of offer through email today. I am a bit confused with the pay structure though. The have commencing monthly salary = $2xxx, variable component = $xxx and gross monthly = $3xxx

So, i was wondering if my starting salary will just be the $2xxx and perhaps after probation period then increase to $3xxx?

Government jobs are like that. Your pay consists of a fixed component and variable component which they can vary in times of need like eg recession instead of sacking you they just reduce your variable part. But that is very seldom.

Overall your gross pay is $3xxx.

Unregistered 06-11-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telaviv10 (Post 44983)

Government jobs are like that. Your pay consists of a fixed component and variable component which they can vary in times of need like eg recession instead of sacking you they just reduce your variable part. But that is very seldom.

Overall based on what they offer your gross pay is $3xxx.

Unregistered 06-11-2013 09:33 PM

so how much they offer you??

3.5 3.6 3.7 or 3.8???