Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 02-07-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98336)
I have a colleague who started at the same time with me 10 years ago, I'm in compliance,he is in ops. 10 years later, i'm earning more than twice his pay. Not saying that Ops pays badly, but the potential for compliance is definitely there.

That being said, that was 10 years ago when supply for compliance officers was quite limited, so we could negotiate bigger salary increases whenever we jumped. That may not be the case now. Past performance is not indicative of future performance :P

Thanks for the anecdote. From what I see, that seems to be the case as well. Just wondering whether the switch from ops (trade finance) to compliance is common or considered relevant, or would I have to go back to square one?

Unregistered 03-07-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98376)
Thanks for the anecdote. From what I see, that seems to be the case as well. Just wondering whether the switch from ops (trade finance) to compliance is common or considered relevant, or would I have to go back to square one?

How familiar are you with the Banking Act, SFA, FAA regulations and subsidiary regulations? If you arent too familiar, then you probably have to go back to square one.

Unregistered 06-07-2017 08:34 PM

Does anyone know what's the pay like for Kyc analyst (perm) in a foreign bank. Have an interview with for a US bank but not sure how much to ask for. Role is for 3-4 years working experience but I only have around 1 year experience.

Thanks

Unregistered 06-07-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98486)
Does anyone know what's the pay like for Kyc analyst (perm) in a foreign bank. Have an interview with for a US bank but not sure how much to ask for. Role is for 3-4 years working experience but I only have around 1 year experience.

Thanks

Is your 1 year experience relevant to the kyc role you are interviewing for?

Unregistered 06-07-2017 10:35 PM

Why is it so hard to find AML roles? I have 2 years exp and and open to contract roles but still cannot find.

Unregistered 07-07-2017 04:09 PM

It's so difficult to find AML/Compliance entry-level roles in banks for fresh grads

Unregistered 10-07-2017 08:54 AM

Has anyone here successfully gone into a compliance role from ops? Given that the experience may not be 100% transferrable, would you have to take a pay cut?

Unregistered 20-07-2017 06:50 PM

Got shortlisted for a role at SCB for a FCC project. Can any experienced professionals here cut through the fluff in the job description and tell me if this is a project management role or a compliance related role?

Job description: s://myjobs.cimaglobal.com/job/689134/analyst-project-sail/

As stated in the description, the main responsibilities include testing, data analytics, case management, detection scenarios, stakeholder management and country project management. Not much about compliance so i'm just wondering if this will be useful or related experience, or will I be better off in KYC/AML type roles?

Thanks!

Unregistered 20-07-2017 08:39 PM

Anyone know of anybody moved from tax in big 4 to compliance? Looking at fatca/crs opportunities.

Unregistered 21-07-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98855)
Got shortlisted for a role at SCB for a FCC project. Can any experienced professionals here cut through the fluff in the job description and tell me if this is a project management role or a compliance related role?

Job description: s://myjobs.cimaglobal.com/job/689134/analyst-project-sail/

As stated in the description, the main responsibilities include testing, data analytics, case management, detection scenarios, stakeholder management and country project management. Not much about compliance so i'm just wondering if this will be useful or related experience, or will I be better off in KYC/AML type roles?

Thanks!

This is a transaction monitoring role. One of the pillars under AML, but leaning towards AML Operations category.