Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 01-09-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55770)
sounds like you are based in changi... only that particular place is paying that high for fresh grad i suppose?

Nope. Im not in jpm sadly. I've been approached by them previously but i turned them down. My office is situated in raffles place.. sucky place in terms of commuting in public transport.

Unregistered 09-09-2014 09:20 PM

How much can 5 years exp in
1. AML
2. Advisory
Be expecting?

boongaylim 10-09-2014 02:05 PM

who is hiring compliance trainers in Singapore?

Hi,
There appears to be demand for compliance trainers in Singapore. Look at this ad.

-------------
VP –compliance Trainer Jobs In Singapore

A strong European Bank who has been known for their financial stability, diversity, sustainability and internal mobility is seeking a Compliance Trainer.

Reporting directly to the Head of Learning & Development, the key responsibilities for this role includes:

• Working closely with business unit management and the respective compliance policy owners, to provide training, advice and support to the business on compliance related topics
• Conduct stand up training and education on compliance awareness in terms of a) all regulatory compliance requirements; and b) all Bank’s Group Policies & Procedures

Requirements:
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience with well-rounded compliance experience (KYC, AML, Regulatory ) are preferred
• Candidates with strong regulatory compliance with CIB are welcome
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to work in the East
------------------

Looks like many banks are looking big way for compliance professionals.

Does anyone know how to bag this job? Which bank is this - UBS, SCB, BJB, BNP, HSBC, Barclays ,...

Eunice 10-09-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 56191)
Hi,
There appears to be demand for compliance trainers in Singapore. Look at this ad.

-------------
VP –compliance Trainer Jobs In Singapore

A strong European Bank who has been known for their financial stability, diversity, sustainability and internal mobility is seeking a Compliance Trainer.

Reporting directly to the Head of Learning & Development, the key responsibilities for this role includes:

• Working closely with business unit management and the respective compliance policy owners, to provide training, advice and support to the business on compliance related topics
• Conduct stand up training and education on compliance awareness in terms of a) all regulatory compliance requirements; and b) all Bank’s Group Policies & Procedures

Requirements:
• Minimum of 10 years relevant experience with well-rounded compliance experience (KYC, AML, Regulatory ) are preferred
• Candidates with strong regulatory compliance with CIB are welcome
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to work in the East
------------------

Looks like many banks are looking big way for compliance professionals.

Does anyone know how to bag this job? Which bank is this - UBS, SCB, BJB, BNP, HSBC, Barclays ,...

Thsi mustbe UBS. They just establishied a Uni in Singapore.

Unregistered 10-09-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56173)
How much can 5 years exp in
1. AML
2. Advisory
Be expecting?

Ups for replies

Unregistered 10-09-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56205)
Ups for replies

Starting 2.5k -3k

Analyst 3.8k to 4.5k

Senior Analyst 7.5k to 8.5k

Manager Above 12k

gwk 10-09-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56207)
Starting 2.5k -3k

Analyst 3.8k to 4.5k

Senior Analyst 7.5k to 8.5k

Manager Above 12k

Starting not at analyst rank?

Unregistered 12-09-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwk (Post 56210)
Starting not at analyst rank?

different bank, different hierarchy. Could also be in this manner :

Analyst = 2.5 to 3.2K++
Senior analyst = 3.4 to 3.7++
Associate / asst mgr = 4.5 to 5.2++
Senior associate / AVP = 5.8 to 6.8++
AVP / jr VPs = 6.5 to 8++
VP = at the bare minimum the basic would touch 9s range. Normally, a seasoned VP (i.e with around 10years of exp) would take 5 digits monthly.

The figures are based on what i know from headhunters / ex colleagues in similar capacity. There's a blurred line drawn between assoc / snr assoc and AVPs. As far as i know, some banks used them interchangeably, meaning they inflate job titles to boost the "feel-good" factor but pay wise it is not even on the correct scale yet.

boongaylim 12-09-2014 06:41 PM

VP gets 12,500 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56275)

Analyst = 2.5 to 3.2K++
VP = at the bare minimum the basic would touch 9s range. Normally, a seasoned VP (i.e with around 10years of exp) would take 5 digits monthly.

The figures are based on what i know from headhunters / ex colleagues in similar capacity. There's a blurred line drawn between assoc / snr assoc and AVPs. As far as i know, some banks used them interchangeably, meaning they inflate job titles to boost the "feel-good" factor but pay wise it is not even on the correct scale yet.

Look at this job posting. VP Compliance in Singapore gets 12,500 pm.

VP –Compliance Trainer
Salary: up to $150K
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Company: Kerry Consulting Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 03C4828
Updated on: 13 Aug 14

(taken from efinancialcareers.sg)

Unregistered 12-09-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56275)

Analyst = 2.5 to 3.2K++

i used to work in bank HR. the salary for lower rank is accurate. However, the salary for higher rank.. you just add 1k more from senior associate onwards. By right VP shd reach 12k and AVP reach 10k.