Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 09-12-2016 10:46 AM

can someone tell me the difference between cdd/kyc roles in front/middle/back office?

if i'm a local grad with 2 years experience (non-banking), how much can i expect for a contract kyc ops role? also, would it be hard to move into aml roles after?

Unregistered 09-12-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92932)
can someone tell me the difference between cdd/kyc roles in front/middle/back office?

if i'm a local grad with 2 years experience (non-banking), how much can i expect for a contract kyc ops role? also, would it be hard to move into aml roles after?

This question has been asked repeatedly in this thread. If you are sincere about getting an answer, read through the pages.

Unregistered 11-12-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92937)
This question has been asked repeatedly in this thread. If you are sincere about getting an answer, read through the pages.

are you expecting me to trawl through 60 pages for an answer? why can't i just ask again here?

Unregistered 11-12-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92973)
are you expecting me to trawl through 60 pages for an answer? why can't i just ask again here?

good to ask!

Unregistered 12-12-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92973)

This clearly highlights that you do not possess the temperament and mindset to succeed in the field of Compliance.

You want to be spoonfed, this is not the place to be.

Put in some due diligence.

Unregistered 13-12-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93004)
This clearly highlights that you do not possess the temperament and mindset to succeed in the field of Compliance.

You want to be spoonfed, this is not the place to be.

Put in some due diligence.

Completely agree. If you find going through 60 pages of forum website painful, you should forget about doing KYC or AML, whereby you have to review hundred pages for negativity...

Unregistered 13-12-2016 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92932)

CDD/KYC roles in:
FO usually supports the RM. Most of the time called ARM. It involves contacting clients to fill up forms or provide supporting docs.
BO usually take the onboarding pack made by your FO and key stuffs into the system.
MO are usually the governors (ranging from compliance/ops risk to something like a COO office). They maintain policy/procedures and do some quality assurance.

CDD/KYC Ops role usually around 2-4k doesn't matter contract or perm. Your 2 year exp is not relevant. Quite a lot folks I know start in Ops then move into Compliance so it's not hard lah... just that more and more people are taking your path so it's becoming very competitive.

People just asking question, if dunno the answer or have nothing constructive, I kindly suggest you just STFU than flooding this page making it 60 pages long and people can't find the answer.

Unregistered 14-12-2016 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93060)
CDD/KYC roles in:
FO usually supports the RM. Most of the time called ARM. It involves contacting clients to fill up forms or provide supporting docs.
BO usually take the onboarding pack made by your FO and key stuffs into the system.
MO are usually the governors (ranging from compliance/ops risk to something like a COO office). They maintain policy/procedures and do some quality assurance.

CDD/KYC Ops role usually around 2-4k doesn't matter contract or perm. Your 2 year exp is not relevant. Quite a lot folks I know start in Ops then move into Compliance so it's not hard lah... just that more and more people are taking your path so it's becoming very competitive.

People just asking question, if dunno the answer or have nothing constructive, I kindly suggest you just STFU than flooding this page making it 60 pages long and people can't find the answer.

why don't u beg me?

Unregistered 14-12-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93060)
CDD/KYC roles in:

Generic cut & paste description from google and half of it is wrong advice.

Unregistered 15-12-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93078)
Generic cut & paste description from google and half of it is wrong advice.

Obviously a junior staff with little relevant experience in the field. As a hiring manager, I wish I had access to job applicants' forum history so I can appropriately gauge their knowledge and level of maturity.