Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 19-08-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89609)
Then may I ask wat r your previous colleagues doing now? Still at analyst / associate lvl doing more ops aml / kyc roles? Guess u gotta know the right ppl to rise up

Most of them are still contract staff as analysts. Mostly are doing remediation for KYC or name screening, which actually is very easily outsourced to hubs in cheaper regions such as India or Malaysia. I can think of at least 5 ex colleagues who are either still contract staffs after 3 years or they have just taken a perm job in a non compliance related role. It can get very discouraging when you work for 3 years and still only a contract staff.

Unregistered 19-08-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89634)
Why is there a clash in mandate for compliance?

This is beceause Compliance is deemed to be an independent function that can provide independent advise.

Unregistered 19-08-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89627)
Being the point of contact in the Compliance team for the Due Diligence team as well as Business, on all issues related to KYC and AML.

They usually present complex situations, and my job is to analyst, dissect and ask the right questions, pointing them in the right direction and prescribing a risk based approach to take for the situation.

In a nutshell, the bulk of what my team does.

This is not me. You can ignore these comments.

Unregistered 19-08-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89623)
Hi All,

I been doing KYC over 3 years but not getting any progression and drawing only 3k pay.
Everyday OT gao gao work until 8PM saturday come back half day work until no life.

Hitting a Wall in a long hour lousy job with no progression sian to the max.

Anyone have any kind advice for me?

Thank you.

Jump ship? Perhaps move into other related space such as aml. Take a slight pay cut if need be. See as you deemed fit.

Unregistered 19-08-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89646)
Jump ship? Perhaps move into other related space such as aml. Take a slight pay cut if need be. See as you deemed fit.

thanks for advice.
that's what i am thinking too.
going to take CAMS exam at the end of the month.
if need be i willing to take pay or contract role to go into aml.
after all my pay miserable 3k only.
can 2.5k aml contract role i also happy liao.

Unregistered 20-08-2016 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89646)

aml is considered a different space from compliance?

Unregistered 20-08-2016 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89650)
aml is considered a different space from compliance?

I am another poster. I would advise you against going to contract. You have already had 3 yrs experience. Are all these contracts? Make wiser choices. Unless you have a diploma. 3 yrs is enough for you to get a promotion already.

Unregistered 20-08-2016 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89651)
I am another poster. I would advise you against going to contract. You have already had 3 yrs experience. Are all these contracts? Make wiser choices. Unless you have a diploma. 3 yrs is enough for you to get a promotion already.

i'm not the poster with 3 years exp haha. however i'm still new to compliance, so.. trying to get a better grasp of compliance's structure(s). seems like it varies bank to bank though

Unregistered 20-08-2016 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89651)

I am a degree holder from uol.
I am in a perm position.
No promotion cos I am just a kyc saikang warrior doing kyc for rm.
Boss also don't xing shang me enough despite all my hard work.

Kyc imho is a sunset industry.

Unregistered 20-08-2016 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89654)
I am a degree holder from uol.
I am in a perm position.
No promotion cos I am just a kyc saikang warrior doing kyc for rm.
Boss also don't xing shang me enough despite all my hard work.

Kyc imho is a sunset industry.

I see..how much did you start with?