Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 14-03-2022 03:31 AM

low as fck

Unregistered 14-03-2022 12:12 PM

compliance loser and dead job

gwai0228 17-03-2022 11:11 PM

Hi, I would like some advice regarding Legal & Compliance officers role in BOC. I am a recent accepted the offer and wondering what should I expect from the position (like workload)? I am working in gov sector, 0 exp in banking sector

TIA for the reply!

Unregistered 21-03-2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwai0228 (Post 208783)
Hi, I would like some advice regarding Legal & Compliance officers role in BOC. I am a recent accepted the offer and wondering what should I expect from the position (like workload)? I am working in gov sector, 0 exp in banking sector

TIA for the reply!

If depends on your job title. The qn is too broad-based.

Workload expect high volume and OT across the board.

Unregistered 29-03-2022 07:33 AM

Reasonable pay range

What's a reasonable pay range and bonus package to ask for a 8 years banking compliance/aml (L2) experience?

What's the difference in pay package (for the above level) between foreign banks (JPM/DB/CITI/HSBS etc) and local banks?

Any experienced compliance professional jumped to fintech? Can share what's the % increment firms are willing to pay? And experience so far?

Unregistered 01-04-2022 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207994)
compliance loser and dead job

Lol must be one of those losers kena ****ed by your compliance officer over email.

Unregistered 02-04-2022 12:07 AM

compliance dept once reported me to hr for sending n00ds to my colleage....

Unregistered 05-04-2022 10:42 PM

Reasonable Pay Range

Am a compliance generalist (2+ years) , doing investment controlling as well.

Moved from Investment support role (2 years) and am with the firm for 4+ years.

What's a reasonable range for my YoE?

Unregistered 06-04-2022 10:57 AM

Head of compliance salary

What is the head of compliance salary for a small fintech firm like?

Unregistered 21-04-2022 12:23 PM

IA/Compliance or risk

I am an external auditor. I was wondering what roles should I go into? IA, regulatory compliance or risk? What particular ones will have opportunities and good salary package in the long run? Especially now AI has affected the industry

Unregistered 21-04-2022 12:24 PM

IA/Compliance/Risk

Following my previous post, actually i’m lagging behind by about 3 years than peers as i have done my own business. Which path can progress faster?

Unregistered 21-04-2022 12:33 PM

Which has the best & worst career progression?

1. Risk management
2. Compliance
3. Legal
4. Operations

Unregistered 21-04-2022 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214901)

1. Risk management
2. Compliance
3. Legal
4. Operations

Risk management > Operations > Compliance > Legal

Unregistered 21-04-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214964)
Risk management > Operations > Compliance > Legal

Any clown who puts Operations above Compliance and Legal probably never worked in Operations before.

The ranking should go like this.

Compliance = Legal > Risk Management > Operations

I would put Legal and Compliance together. In many large banks, both functions are in the same department and many of the top compliance officers are former lawyers themselves. The future of Legal/Compliance is bright as many fintech firms wishing to make their product offerings mainstream will find themselves coming under regulation. They will hire Compliance staff to meet regulatory demands or risk getting fined. The rise of crypto as an alternative asset class also means the space of Compliance will only grow over time.

Prospects are more limited for Risk Management as many things are filtered/flagged by pre-determined system rules.

The worst progression is in Operations. Not only is your job mind-numbingly mundane and very process-driven, your progression will be very slow compared to the front and middle office. To make things worse, your job is vulnerable to offshoring/outsourcing. Many banks and FIs are moving their Operations over to India. To add insult to injury you may even be asked to train your replacement overseas before being made redundant.

Unregistered 21-04-2022 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215008)
Any clown who puts Operations above Compliance and Legal probably never worked in Operations before.

I would put Legal and Compliance together. In many large banks, both functions are in the same department and many of the top compliance officers are former lawyers themselves. The future of Legal/Compliance is bright as many fintech firms wishing to make their product offerings mainstream will find themselves coming under regulation. They will hire Compliance staff to meet regulatory demands or risk getting fined. The rise of crypto as an alternative asset class also means the space of Compliance will only grow over time.

Prospects are more limited for Risk Management as many things are filtered/flagged by pre-determined system rules.

The worst progression is in Operations. Not only is your job mind-numbingly mundane and very process-driven, your progression will be very slow compared to the front and middle office. To make things worse, your job is vulnerable to offshoring/outsourcing. Many banks and FIs are moving their Operations over to India. To add insult to injury you may even be asked to train your replacement overseas before being made redundant.

Risk Management is more front office than Legal/Compliance. For some positions like Product Controller, the team sits between business and compliance/operations to manage projects or processes.

Unregistered 22-04-2022 03:26 PM

Compliance

Does compliance requires advanced excel or data skills?

Unregistered 22-04-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215008)

Its ok its ok

Unregistered 23-04-2022 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214901)

1. Risk management
2. Compliance
3. Legal
4. Operations

curious to hear other opinions too

Unregistered 25-04-2022 11:56 AM

operational risk management is quite a crucial role to the bank. good career prospects and opportunities to jump to other parts of the bank thereafter.

Unregistered 12-05-2022 07:12 PM

What would be the market rate for a pb compliance officer with 8-9yoe?

Unregistered 17-05-2022 07:07 PM

corporate or private banking compliance has better prospects?

Unregistered 21-05-2022 05:17 PM

Just wondering, is anyone earning more than 8k just purely doing KYC?

Unregistered 21-05-2022 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218546)
Just wondering, is anyone earning more than 8k just purely doing KYC?

Have. But must be experienced candidate like more than 5 years

kaykay123 23-05-2022 03:43 PM

Does anyone know what's the increment and bonus like for Data related tech jobs around AML in UBS? And the prospects in say 5 years to come?

Much thanks in advance!!

Unregistered 08-06-2022 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218565)
Have. But must be experienced candidate like more than 5 years

Yes, I hit 8k doing PB KYC in compliance at year 5. Jumped 3 times with 1 promo.

Unregistered 13-06-2022 08:51 AM

Cams

Hi everyone, has anyone tried to apply subsidies for CAMS under IBF?

Unregistered 14-06-2022 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220919)
Yes, I hit 8k doing PB KYC in compliance at year 5. Jumped 3 times with 1 promo.

So what’s your rank and salary now 8k flat?

Unregistered 14-06-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221769)

Rank 3SG
salary 1.1k

Unregistered 30-06-2022 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221769)

AVP 8 flat

Unregistered 30-06-2022 10:42 PM

is WISE a good company to be in doing kyc/compliance?

Unregistered 06-07-2022 10:18 PM

anyone knows how much julius baer pays for role of transaction monitoring analyst?

Unregistered 22-07-2022 11:20 PM

was in the other industry and moved to work as a aml anlyst (3k salary) in an insurance company but just finished my 6mth contract and have an offer (4k salary) at a PB doing name screening for 1year contract.

1) any advise if i should take up the offer and also what is the career path like?
2) can i move back to aml after my name screen role?

Unregistered 22-07-2022 11:30 PM

what is the prospects for AML / KYC ?

Unregistered 23-07-2022 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226171)

No prospect

Unregistered 23-07-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226171)

Possible to reach 200k p.a. if you take on managerial role.

Unregistered 23-07-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226192)
Possible to reach 200k p.a. if you take on managerial role.

please tell me which bank is willing to pay such money for a useless job

Unregistered 28-07-2022 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226196)
please tell me which bank is willing to pay such money for a useless job

Literally every big PB/IB, clueless much?

Unregistered 30-07-2022 09:32 PM

Would it be better to stay at big 4 doing AML advisory or better to join banks doing BAU roles?

Unregistered 25-08-2022 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226808)
Would it be better to stay at big 4 doing AML advisory or better to join banks doing BAU roles?

Big 4 AML advisory is **** unlesss you're looking to transition into a Fintech role. Its high workload for below industry pay.

At my previous place, most of the managers and associate directors who left eventually joined Fintechs as heads of compliance. Your exposure to gap analysis, TM & NS systems testing, project management will come in really handy for a generalist compliance role at a small firm.

If you're looking to secure a FCC advisory role in IB/PB, you're much better starting at BAU. Obviously there are more relevant BAUs and less relevant ones. You don't wanna be doing pointless **** like name screening or account activation.

Unregistered 05-09-2022 02:14 AM

Checking if 9k base with 2 months bonus is at market rate for a managerial role in private banking?
I manage a team in cdd and another in business risk
5 years in ops and 2 years in this current role.
Planning to jump ship and would like to know what to expect/ negotiate