Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 19-06-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52525)
Are there people in these role who can shed some light into it?
I realise there isn't much information about these roles but I saw plentiful of jobs advertisement hiring kyc analyst etc.
what are the exit opportunities like? By the amount of job advertisement, I'm thinking aml area is easier to get in rather than regulatory compliance roles?? What are the chances of moving from aml to other areas of compliance?
How is the pay for aml analyst?

2-3 yrs exp should be able to command at least high 3k to low 4k. If your passion is in regulatory compliance, then you should try to start off from regulatory compliance.

a couple of years down the road you will realise you cant change jobs as frequently as you did when u just starting your career

Unregistered 19-06-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52564)
2-3 yrs exp should be able to command at least high 3k to low 4k. If your passion is in regulatory compliance, then you should try to start off from regulatory compliance.

a couple of years down the road you will realise you cant change jobs as frequently as you did when u just starting your career

I'm interested in compliance but so far the job offers I have are all contract roles for aml and they do not pay well too. I'm not so concern about the starting salary but I'm afraid aml analyst salary progression won't be well too.
I also feel that it's better to start from something that I want to do in the future too rather than keep changing but so far no luck in this. So I'm thinking to try out aml and make it my career, but again, I'm concern about the prospects.

Unregistered 19-06-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52562)
Hello! Yes that's the market rate for entry level aml officers. But that was more than 5 years ago...

Should get at least 2.8 or 3 nowadays imho...

But I'm being quoted at these range so I'm wondering if this is the norm..

Unregistered 20-06-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 44417)
The numbers from AVP onwards are too low.

Analyst 60
Associate 120
AVP 200
VP 300
ED 500
MD >600

analyst is lowest level. so high meh? i see replies say 2.6k offer, cannot be 60 annual like that what?

Unregistered 21-06-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52567)
But I'm being quoted at these range so I'm wondering if this is the norm..

you'll have to look long term and work ur way up... i started off at 2.6k contract, after 5 yrs in the industry im getting more than 8k

Unregistered 21-06-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52584)
analyst is lowest level. so high meh? i see replies say 2.6k offer, cannot be 60 annual like that what?

I feel the numbers a bit too exaggerated. There's lots of salary guides published by recruiters and u can use it as reference.

Anyway the figures below are based on my own experience:
Analyst/Officer/Associate 40k-60k
AVP 60k-120k
VP 120k-180k
D 180k-240k
MD 240k+

gwk 21-06-2014 08:55 PM

How best do I do a career switch into AML when all the job adverts requiring at least 3 years experience? I almost completed my ICA dip in AML though. But everyone is looking for some form of experience.

Unregistered 21-06-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52618)
you'll have to look long term and work ur way up... i started off at 2.6k contract, after 5 yrs in the industry im getting more than 8k

I see. If that's the case I think overall it's fair enough and pay seems to be higher than positions at later stage.
But is there a difference between AML analyst and KYC analyst for entry lvl? Or they are actually same position with different name?
So far what I see is kyc analyst is mainly doing client on boarding, process documents etc
How about kyc analyst for remediation project? Is there a difference between a kyc analyst in corporate banking and other areas??

I'm rather confused and there isn't any clear information provided...

Unregistered 22-06-2014 08:49 PM

Double check

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52618)

Hi, you mean you hit 8k after 5 years of total working experience, or you had some
prior working exp before joining banking?

issey 24-06-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52626)
I see. If that's the case I think overall it's fair enough and pay seems to be higher than positions at later stage.
But is there a difference between AML analyst and KYC analyst for entry lvl? Or they are actually same position with different name?
So far what I see is kyc analyst is mainly doing client on boarding, process documents etc
How about kyc analyst for remediation project? Is there a difference between a kyc analyst in corporate banking and other areas??

I'm rather confused and there isn't any clear information provided...

I am applying for a KYC analyst role too and am wondering on the career progression on this.

Can anyone who has info on this enlighten us?