Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 10-02-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104566)
When did u get this email? Ah **** means i might have been dropped.

I got the email around yesterday night 2am. But the email still kinda vague. Althought being selected i think still need to have another intervoew with db. Maybe u can try emailing them?

Unregistered 10-02-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104562)
I got a email stating that they have selected me to be put forward as part of the suggested Anti-Financial Crime Team.

However, the process from here is to discuss this with DB, who will look to meet with a few of the team before training begins.

I got this email too. And they say want to meet random people from the team. You think is interview or just a formality?

Unregistered 10-02-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104567)
I got the email around yesterday night 2am. But the email still kinda vague. Althought being selected i think still need to have another intervoew with db. Maybe u can try emailing them?

Yea they like to send cague emails. My last email went something like the process is most definitely progressing in the right direction. I will drop em a email later. Let me know if there are any updates haha

Unregistered 10-02-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104568)
I got this email too. And they say want to meet random people from the team. You think is interview or just a formality?

To be honest im not sure. Its so vague. I got a few other job offers but in term of prospect this role is much better. But the uncertainty of confirmation made me rejected a few offer while waiting for this one

Unregistered 10-02-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104570)
To be honest im not sure. Its so vague. I got a few other job offers but in term of prospect this role is much better. But the uncertainty of confirmation made me rejected a few offer while waiting for this one

I received this mail too. But it got delayed for such a long time and i probably cant make it cause of my notice period. Do yall have a noticr period to fufil?

Unregistered 10-02-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104571)
I received this mail too. But it got delayed for such a long time and i probably cant make it cause of my notice period. Do yall have a noticr period to fufil?

Yup i could not agree more. If they confirm with us we can just throw our letter and fuilfill the notice period. But fortunately for my case i do not have any notoce period to fuilfill. They mention they will call next week. Maybe can get a verbal confirmation

Unregistered 10-02-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104572)
Yup i could not agree more. If they confirm with us we can just throw our letter and fuilfill the notice period. But fortunately for my case i do not have any notoce period to fuilfill. They mention they will call next week. Maybe can get a verbal confirmation

The thing is they are going to start on 26th feb. Shouldnt have invited ppl with notice down tbh

Unregistered 10-02-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104573)
The thing is they are going to start on 26th feb. Shouldnt have invited ppl with notice down tbh

I’m not sure but I think this might be their first project in Singapore. And info is being pass between 3 channels. MThree, DB and Candidates. Furthermore the emails always come in around 2-3am which they might be following UK time. (Their HQ). Not sure. Lets hope everything goes well and offer letter will be issued soon. We’ve got a high chance of being colleagues :)

Unregistered 10-02-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104574)
I’m not sure but I think this might be their first project in Singapore. And info is being pass between 3 channels. MThree, DB and Candidates. Furthermore the emails always come in around 2-3am which they might be following UK time. (Their HQ). Not sure. Lets hope everything goes well and offer letter will be issued soon. We’ve got a high chance of being colleagues :)

I was told have 1 guy in db sg already. Lets keep each other update here!

Unregistered 10-02-2018 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104575)
I was told have 1 guy in db sg already. Lets keep each other update here!

as in non MThree guy?

Unregistered 11-02-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104581)
as in non MThree guy?

Theres 1 guy from mthree already stationed in db sg. Doing anoyher project atm

Unregistered 13-02-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104573)

Did they say that they are definitely going to start on 26th?
Because the meeting with deutsche bank will only happen next week.
So let say they drag for a bit, which they usually do, it is not gonna start on 26th. Haha

Unregistered 13-02-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104649)
Did they say that they are definitely going to start on 26th?
Because the meeting with deutsche bank will only happen next week.
So let say they drag for a bit, which they usually do, it is not gonna start on 26th. Haha

i think 26th is when the training start and i believe meeting with DB will happen this week. But the lack of communication is so bad. The turn around time is longer than what i had in mind...

anyone got called up for the meeting yet or had any reply since the last email they send?

Unregistered 13-02-2018 05:17 PM

I am rejecting this offer. Not getting enough details and my other job is gonna recind its offer if i do not make the decision soon. I think its too risky if the next meeting is a 2nd interview.good luck guys im out

Unregistered 13-02-2018 05:43 PM

DB

Can i just ask are you guys discussing the graduate program for compliance? or is this a separate matter

Unregistered 14-02-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104667)
Can i just ask are you guys discussing the graduate program for compliance? or is this a separate matter

The grad prog

Unregistered 18-02-2018 05:49 PM

Any updates? Got the mail that they are still waiting for the dates they invite random people to meet with deutsche

Unregistered 19-02-2018 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104826)
Any updates? Got the mail that they are still waiting for the dates they invite random people to meet with deutsche

got the same email i guess. they think just mass send the emails to all candidates. I emailed them back but always didnt get any reply specific to the email i send

Unregistered 19-02-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104831)
got the same email i guess. they think just mass send the emails to all candidates. I emailed them back but always didnt get any reply specific to the email i send

They didnt reply my emails as well. Guess all we can do is wait now

Unregistered 19-02-2018 10:38 PM

I am wondering why are people so concerned about the grad program for compliance.

This is not the only way to get into the field.

Unregistered 20-02-2018 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104852)
I am wondering why are people so concerned about the grad program for compliance.

This is not the only way to get into the field.

Because that is pretty much the only way you can get a perm job in compliance fresh out of school. Otherwise you would have to join as a contract employee.

Unregistered 20-02-2018 07:48 AM

Stavemili avenue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregi
stered;104851
They didnt reply my emails as well. Guess all we can do is wait now

Same here, its supposed to start next week and we still havent get any confirmations. This is getting weird

Unregistered 21-02-2018 12:15 PM

seems like we might not start next week.

Unregistered 21-02-2018 01:20 PM

Armas Greenfield

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104899)
seems like we might not start next week.

Yep i got the mail too

Unregistered 26-02-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104901)
Yep i got the mail too

Still no updates. anyone took up other offers instead? Im tired of waiting. They arnt replying to my mails

Unregistered 26-02-2018 04:37 PM

Advice

Hi,

To those who are experienced in Compliance,

may I ask how are the career prospects of trade/market surveillance (on securities/derivatives markets) like?

Is it considered an operational role that will be outsourced in time to come?

Thanks!

Unregistered 26-02-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105038)
Hi,

To those who are experienced in Compliance,

may I ask how are the career prospects of trade/market surveillance (on securities/derivatives markets) like?

Is it considered an operational role that will be outsourced in time to come?

Thanks!

Most banks already outsourced this function to cheaper location, maybe except regulator and stock exchanges might still retain it. not optimistic tbh, you might be better off doing AML/KYC

Unregistered 27-02-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105012)
Still no updates. anyone took up other offers instead? Im tired of waiting. They arnt replying to my mails

Yea their reply is so long. sadly i rejected another contract offer while waiting for this...

Unregistered 27-02-2018 12:42 PM

do you think this MThree job is still on? It's been almost a month.

Unregistered 27-02-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105081)
do you think this MThree job is still on? It's been almost a month.

I just sent them another mail ytd and they have yet to reply. I got a feeling its cancelled

Unregistered 27-02-2018 06:06 PM

Advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105056)
Most banks already outsourced this function to cheaper location, maybe except regulator and stock exchanges might still retain it. not optimistic tbh, you might be better off doing AML/KYC

Thanks for your advice!

Unregistered 28-02-2018 02:15 AM

“Heard from my frenz working in DB that they are ramping up compliance department and have been paying top dollars and bonuses to get the right people. So i suppose conversion of all 33 headcounts into perm after 2 yrs is def possible. AML would also continue to be a main focus for the industry”

Guys my apology to burst the bubble. Indeed it sounds promising but in actual fact the bank is struggling with budget. Recent news reported their losses and bonus payment have been deferred in the last 3 years. A few people came up saying their HR is incompetent and dont know whether certain skill sets are relevant or transferrable. Few went for 3 rounds of interview & got their time wasted without an offer. The low paying contract roles are the solutions to get the ball rolling as DB are under regulatory pressure to clean up their AML controls. You may get your conversion after 2 years but if you have an equal offer elsewhere, forget them. Good luck!!!!!

Unregistered 28-02-2018 07:52 AM

Conversion is not certain in the job market. I think people need be open to other opportunities instead of just dwelling on the role in DB. There are many paths to get into the field. I have worked in the banks and payments industry. Dont miss out on other opportunities while waiting for DB.

Unregistered 28-02-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105126)
Conversion is not certain in the job market. I think people need be open to other opportunities instead of just dwelling on the role in DB. There are many paths to get into the field. I have worked in the banks and payments industry. Dont miss out on other opportunities while waiting for DB.

what are the opportunities for fresh grad ?

Unregistered 28-02-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105141)
what are the opportunities for fresh grad ?

Are you hungry to find a job and opportunites? At an early stage of your career, you are still exploring and you may not liike this field. You should learn to explore what u like to do.

Unregistered 28-02-2018 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105121)
“Heard from my frenz working in DB that they are ramping up compliance department and have been paying top dollars and bonuses to get the right people. So i suppose conversion of all 33 headcounts into perm after 2 yrs is def possible. AML would also continue to be a main focus for the industry”

Guys my apology to burst the bubble. Indeed it sounds promising but in actual fact the bank is struggling with budget. Recent news reported their losses and bonus payment have been deferred in the last 3 years. A few people came up saying their HR is incompetent and dont know whether certain skill sets are relevant or transferrable. Few went for 3 rounds of interview & got their time wasted without an offer. The low paying contract roles are the solutions to get the ball rolling as DB are under regulatory pressure to clean up their AML controls. You may get your conversion after 2 years but if you have an equal offer elsewhere, forget them. Good luck!!!!!

Dont be a wet blanket. DB is not as bad as it seems, there are still bright spot in the risk and compliance for headcount to grow and progress. please dont make it sound like you are the deputy to john cryan

Unregistered 01-03-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105012)

No replies. Communication is dead.

Unregistered 01-03-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105172)
No replies. Communication is dead.

Im guessing its cancelled. They should have told us the truth and no keep us hanging.

Unregistered 01-03-2018 11:11 AM

well db's hr is known to be extremely inefficient

Unregistered 01-03-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105179)
Im guessing its cancelled. They should have told us the truth and no keep us hanging.

I was so looking forward to this program