Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 19-11-2021 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FATFMember (Post 190112)
It depends on your current scope and what role you are applying into (e.g. team lead role or deputy). 5 yoe with your current compensation seems quite reasonable if it's a generalist role, so 10-20% will be a good ballpark figure.

Hey thank you for sharing. Could you clarify what you mean by a generalist role? Also, trying to rationalise how 5 YOE can reach 6-7k. Not easy to secure a perm role in big private banks if you have no exp, so likely that one would start from ground 0 at a local bank / smaller firm (some potentially in a contract role), starting from 3-4k??

Unregistered 25-11-2021 01:07 AM

Cdd analyst starting position

Fresh local accounting graduate with no experience in compliance. Got offered cdd analyst 6 month contract for 3.4k. Is it okay? The problem is they expect me to get back to them within 2 days and i am still receiving offers and second interviews at the moment.

Unregistered 26-11-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191371)
Fresh local accounting graduate with no experience in compliance. Got offered cdd analyst 6 month contract for 3.4k. Is it okay? The problem is they expect me to get back to them within 2 days and i am still receiving offers and second interviews at the moment.

Take and go. But read the notice period. It's fine. You can leave within a week i think if u decide to take other offers.

Unregistered 26-11-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191371)

Accept first and you can decide again if you want other offers.

Unregistered 30-11-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189959)
Likely will bump 10-20% from your current pay so possibly anywhere from 7-8.5k.

you were spot on, managed to get the job and it was right between that range.

Unregistered 03-12-2021 09:52 PM

Recently landed an offer of 7.5k for a non-aml compliance role at a bb (8.5k w/ estimated bonus). 6 years of experience. I’m moving from a short stint so initially they only wanted to match my current pay, but I managed to negotiate a slight increment.

I see people here already earning 8-9k+ base with similar or less exp and wondering whether I’m indeed lagging behind for now? Salary guides online don’t really state avg compensation vis-à-vis yrs of exp so I’m having trouble getting a sense of the real market rate.

Unregistered 04-12-2021 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192437)
Recently landed an offer of 7.5k for a non-aml compliance role at a bb (8.5k w/ estimated bonus). 6 years of experience. I’m moving from a short stint so initially they only wanted to match my current pay, but I managed to negotiate a slight increment.

I see people here already earning 8-9k+ base with similar or less exp and wondering whether I’m indeed lagging behind for now? Salary guides online don’t really state avg compensation vis-à-vis yrs of exp so I’m having trouble getting a sense of the real market rate.

Some banks may be willing to pay more. With 7 years exp I am at mid 8k and 10k w estimated bonus.

Unregistered 04-12-2021 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192469)
Some banks may be willing to pay more. With 7 years exp I am at mid 8k and 10k w estimated bonus.

man...thanks. hope ill be able to get there in the next 1-2 years, or i may jump again after the 2.5 year mark.

Unregistered 04-12-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192437)

Frankly 7-8k base sounds pretty desirable for 6 years of experience so congrats on that! How many companies were you at prior to this new role?

Unregistered 04-12-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 192497)
Frankly 7-8k base sounds pretty desirable for 6 years of experience so congrats on that! How many companies were you at prior to this new role?

I do hope that I'm not too off the right pay scale!

It will be my 3rd place. I stayed in my first for the bulk of my career. Moved to my 2nd earlier this year but am jumping ship cos of various reasons.