AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! - Page 150 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1491 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2021, 12:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anybody can give me some advice?
Currently working in bank as TM, Binance SG offered me a role doing similar stuff and higher pay.
Is it worth the jump? Will it be hard if I would like to go back to bank say in a couple of years?
just do it. gogo

Reply With Quote
  #1492 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2021, 11:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
just do it. gogo
Haha why so? Will you do it if it were you?

Reply With Quote
  #1493 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2021, 09:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Haha why so? Will you do it if it were you?
Go for it! Digital assets is the future! If they offer you higher pay for a similar TM role, why not? Take the chance to expose yourself with new challenges in this emerging field!

Reply With Quote
  #1494 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2021, 10:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anybody can give me some advice?
Currently working in bank as TM, Binance SG offered me a role doing similar stuff and higher pay.
Is it worth the jump? Will it be hard if I would like to go back to bank say in a couple of years?
- Crypto is pretty specialized, it'll be quite hard imo to jump back to banks next time unless you have personal connections with the hiring manager. That being said, the growth potential is much bigger than banks. Banks are always finding ways to cut cost nowadays but Fintech is hiring. Some people might worry about jumping out of the big banking industry but there's actually tons of other opportunities in non-banking finance.

If you are interested in this industry definitely consider. Try negotiating for a significant bump if possible.
Reply With Quote
  #1495 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2021, 05:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
- Crypto is pretty specialized, it'll be quite hard imo to jump back to banks next time unless you have personal connections with the hiring manager. That being said, the growth potential is much bigger than banks. Banks are always finding ways to cut cost nowadays but Fintech is hiring. Some people might worry about jumping out of the big banking industry but there's actually tons of other opportunities in non-banking finance.

If you are interested in this industry definitely consider. Try negotiating for a significant bump if possible.
Yup that's my concern too as right now I'm in a private bank, don't mind exploring this new sector however, just thinking if I would like to go back to the big banking industry will it be harder. Also what's a significant bump? 20%? 50%?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1496 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2021, 11:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yup that's my concern too as right now I'm in a private bank, don't mind exploring this new sector however, just thinking if I would like to go back to the big banking industry will it be harder. Also what's a significant bump? 20%? 50%?
Yeah I see where you are coming from, the private banking sector is quite good. Another factor to keep in mind is whether you want to be a specialist in a private bank compared to taking on more responsibility at a smaller setup.

If you have interest in the industry definitely consider the role. A significant bump would be more than 30% imo.

Trust your gut and good luck!
Reply With Quote

  #1497 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2021, 11:29 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah I see where you are coming from, the private banking sector is quite good. Another factor to keep in mind is whether you want to be a specialist in a private bank compared to taking on more responsibility at a smaller setup.

If you have interest in the industry definitely consider the role. A significant bump would be more than 30% imo.

Trust your gut and good luck!
In a best case scenario that I would love to have will be taking on more responsibility at a smaller setup and then returning to the bank to be a specialist haha.
Reply With Quote
  #1498 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2021, 12:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hello, when you all change job, does the hiring company ask for the payslip of the previous company? Asking as itís my first job hop after graduating two years ago
Reply With Quote
  #1499 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2021, 11:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In a best case scenario that I would love to have will be taking on more responsibility at a smaller setup and then returning to the bank to be a specialist haha.
Go for it then! But make sure the increment is worth it
Reply With Quote
  #1500 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2021, 11:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anybody can give me some advice?
Currently working in bank as TM, Binance SG offered me a role doing similar stuff and higher pay.
Is it worth the jump? Will it be hard if I would like to go back to bank say in a couple of years?
please read the news and do your due diligence, thats the basis of compliance work
binance sg is not where u wanna be at this stage
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MAS for Mid Career Professionals Soul Companies 670 Today 11:15 AM
How to enter middle office (KYC, Compliance, Risk Management) in bank ? ZoOq Income and Jobs 17 04-10-2017 09:56 AM
Income for IT Professionals sudoku Income and Jobs 10 24-10-2014 07:20 PM
what does corporate hr executives/professionals do? lmaohaha Income and Jobs 2 12-05-2012 06:03 PM
Professionals and Managers - Is Your Pay above the Median? Salary.sg Income and Jobs 174 04-10-2009 07:42 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,945 Replies, 5,069,273 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,247 Replies, 1,538,030 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
775 Replies, 387,293 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,869 Replies, 4,488,767 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,412 Replies, 646,390 Views
Htx ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 2,283 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
284 Replies, 161,825 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
295 Replies, 118,606 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,013 Replies, 1,523,888 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,259 Replies, 319,037 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,931 Replies, 649,584 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
553 Replies, 323,541 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
132 Replies, 140,511 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,316 Replies, 2,676,610 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,074 Replies, 777,331 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
670 Replies, 337,980 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
420 Replies, 406,683 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,973 Replies, 7,673,168 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 21,830 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 115,740 Views
Citibank Technology Analyst Program ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 7,942 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
206 Replies, 52,328 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,184 Replies, 588,868 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
548 Replies, 310,438 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,172 Replies, 2,689,045 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,810 Replies, 2,167,889 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
148 Replies, 197,489 Views
DBS Wealth Manager Fresh Grad...
3 Replies, 548 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
603 Replies, 478,654 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2