Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 04-08-2021 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179279)
shldnt the qns be what r the salary range of jobs that u r able to secure at least a 2nd rd intervw?

I’m not sure if the salary range as most job posts didn’t state.

Unregistered 05-08-2021 11:11 PM

hi guys,

hopefully can get some quotes here....

I am a 11 months contract staff in 1 of the local bank and someone has resign. My supervisor told me that i will be next in line to be converted....

I do not have prior experience before the 11 month. Degree is non-finance related...

Current job scope is KYC. Mostly documentation for onboarding & periodic review and adhoc work.

How much should I expect?

Unregistered 06-08-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179399)
hi guys,

hopefully can get some quotes here....

I am a 11 months contract staff in 1 of the local bank and someone has resign. My supervisor told me that i will be next in line to be converted....

I do not have prior experience before the 11 month. Degree is non-finance related...

Current job scope is KYC. Mostly documentation for onboarding & periodic review and adhoc work.

How much should I expect?

Not enough information, but 3k sounds right. It's not a high value task. Anyone can do it with 6mths of training.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179162)
Private uni grad, work temp job for 6 months before in compliance and now looking for perm job. How much should I be asking?

Compliance in? 6months fresh grad scope is quite limited. It also depends on what are you interviewing for.

Unregistered 06-08-2021 11:40 PM

With digital banks seem to be hiring aggressively, will it be worthwhile to join as the pioneer of the team?

Unregistered 07-08-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179515)
Not enough information, but 3k sounds right. It's not a high value task. Anyone can do it with 6mths of training.

Hi, you are right, anyone can do it with 6months of training. Was planning to ask for 3.5k but seems like I am over-asking.

Genuinely asking, what task/scope will be considered as a high value task in AML/KYC/CDD? I was planning to take a cert in transactional monitoring and not sure whether it will bring value to the team

Unregistered 07-08-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179531)

Genuinely asking, what task/scope will be considered as a high value task in AML/KYC/CDD? I was planning to take a cert in transactional monitoring and not sure whether it will bring value to the team

Advisory / policy related. Transaction monitoring is definitely needed but I do have the impression most people do get stuck there over time

Unregistered 09-08-2021 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179531)
Hi, you are right, anyone can do it with 6months of training. Was planning to ask for 3.5k but seems like I am over-asking.

TM roles, you need data analytics to do well. It will be replaced by AI eventually.

Unregistered 09-08-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179731)
TM roles, you need data analytics to do well. It will be replaced by AI eventually.

Thanks for sharing, could you provide some real examples of the use of analytics in transaction monitoring? What tools may be used?

Unregistered 31-08-2021 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 179731)

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Analytics is used to enhance efficiency in TM/NS processes such as reducing false positives. How on earth will AI replace CDD / TM analysts? Imbeciles who don't know **** about the tech always coming up with cretinous vague projections like these without giving any specific details.