Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 17-07-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FATFMember (Post 121692)
To be honest, you are mostly constricted to those roles unless you finish a degree course. No two way about it. However, do take in comfort that there are still companies out there which take in diploma holders that are hardworking and show commitment to pursue their interests in this area.

I have a degree in comms. Not related to biz/bank. Can I get into compliance role? And if not, is there an alternative route?

youdontknowme 18-07-2019 08:32 PM

Hi, can anybody advice if "ICA Cert of professional in governance,risk & compliance" is better or "ACAMS" ? currently i'm a deg holder & have 1 year experience as a "maker". Thinking of getting one of the cert as i'm hoping for better chance to get into other banks as 'checker'.

miss_yana 11-08-2019 04:39 PM

Hi! I'm a foreigner looking for a job in SG. I have total of 5 yrs experience in KYC, transaction monitoring and fraud management from various banks and fintech companies. With this experience, how much is minimum salary I can ask at par with industry standard? I only earn around SGD1200 with these jobs in my country so I have no idea how much to ask. Thank you!

Unregistered 23-08-2019 07:18 PM

Hi, just want to ask for advice from seniors here.

Is it wise to take up a role thats covers many parts of compliance(Aml,kyc,regulatory,risk etc)in a very small bank (To learn more stuff)or should I take up an offer doing just one part of compliance in another huge bank(Specialised role)

Fyi, I am only 1.5 years old in the industry.

Will the brand name of the small bank(less than 50 headcount) be bad for the resume?
Is having a specialised role better instead of being a jack of all trades?

FATFMember 06-09-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122822)
Hi, just want to ask for advice from seniors here.

Is it wise to take up a role thats covers many parts of compliance(Aml,kyc,regulatory,risk etc)in a very small bank (To learn more stuff)or should I take up an offer doing just one part of compliance in another huge bank(Specialised role)

Fyi, I am only 1.5 years old in the industry.

Will the brand name of the small bank(less than 50 headcount) be bad for the resume?
Is having a specialised role better instead of being a jack of all trades?

You need to ask yourself what are your career goals and aspirations first.

Unregistered 06-09-2019 09:56 PM

kyc/cdd/aml everyday just clear alerts not boring meh?

FATFMember 07-09-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 123161)
kyc/cdd/aml everyday just clear alerts not boring meh?

So what is considered not boring for you then?

samantha_wong 11-10-2019 02:27 PM

Indian Overseas Bank
 
Do I need to know Tamil in order to work in Indian Overseas Bank?
They have published some roles.

https://www.mycareersfuture.sg/job/b...a646bf2c2fb075

I went to their branch to see more of this company. Most persons were speaking Tamil but they spoke to me in English.

Anyone who knows more about this company?

Thanks

KalyanMuthu 11-10-2019 04:06 PM

Indian overseas bank
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by samantha_wong (Post 124017)
Do I need to know Tamil in order to work in Indian Overseas Bank?
They have published some roles.

[s://.mycareersfuture.sg/job/banking-finance/manager-indian-overseas-bank-9afa7e321131d03cb5a646bf2c2fb075[/

I went to their branch to see more of this company. Most persons were speaking Tamil but they spoke to me in English.

Anyone who knows more about this company?

Thanks

Knowledge of tamil is a must as most of our customers do not speak Chinese. Some speak English.

Jennifer 12-10-2019 04:01 PM

Bank jobs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KalyanMuthu (Post 124018)
Knowledge of tamil is a must as most of our customers do not speak Chinese. Some speak English.

Most banking in Singapore is conducted in English. Chinese and Tamil are used only outside banks.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2