Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 17-09-2018 09:08 PM

Hi all,
I'm currently doing kyc with nearly one year experience, would like to know is it hard to get a kyc role or aml in Singapore? Because seems like most bank outsource their kyc department to low cost country.

Unregistered 28-09-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110029)
Here you go. Personal experience

Does Jp morgan provide shuttle buses to cbp and how is the TM team there? Do they work till cery late? What about the TM team at DBS?

Unregistered 10-10-2018 09:11 PM

Career Options

Hi folks, need your advice. Currently an internal auditor at a buy-side firm (cmsl holder) with abt 1y experience. Getting bored with work. What are the exit opportunities out there?

This might be a wayyy long shot, is it possible to get into Corporate Banking/Structured Finance?

Unregistered 10-10-2018 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110792)
Hi folks, need your advice. Currently an internal auditor at a buy-side firm (cmsl holder) with abt 1y experience. Getting bored with work. What are the exit opportunities out there?

This might be a wayyy long shot, is it possible to get into Corporate Banking/Structured Finance?

Just 1 year and getting bored?

Unregistered 21-10-2018 04:30 PM

Hi! Would like some advice. I have slightly over 2 years external audit experience with a Big4 and am thinking of applying for a compliance role in UBS. The job description mentioned that it is mostly KYC, cross-border activities and conflict of interests etc.

Can anyone shed some light on what the job of KYC really entails? I only have audit experience so I’m not sure on this. Also, what kind of salary and progression could I expect? Currently drawing approx 4.2 per month. Thank you!

Unregistered 21-10-2018 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111038)
Hi! Would like some advice. I have slightly over 2 years external audit experience with a Big4 and am thinking of applying for a compliance role in UBS. The job description mentioned that it is mostly KYC, cross-border activities and conflict of interests etc.

Can anyone shed some light on what the job of KYC really entails? I only have audit experience so I’m not sure on this. Also, what kind of salary and progression could I expect? Currently drawing approx 4.2 per month. Thank you!

Question is why do you want to change role with 2 years? Is it because of the hours?

You probably cant get 4.2k as you dont have the relevant experience.

KYC is a more operational role in banks.

ConflictedMike 03-11-2018 01:00 AM

Hi all, would like some advice! I am currently a Relationship Manager with local bank at priority segment. Have been in bank sales for 3.5yrs. Currently looking to switch to non-sales role and considering compliance. Because I don’t have prior compliance experience, is it a must for me to take paycut? I am currently drawing basic 4.5k (excluding commissions).

Just got an offer for compliance role at insurance company, however they offered me 3.9k basic. Benefits like annual leave is much lesser than what I get in the bank.

Do you think it is worthwhile to make the switch?

I definitely don’t want to continue doing sales however I have reservations because of the paycut.

Unregistered 03-11-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConflictedMike (Post 111359)
Hi all, would like some advice! I am currently a Relationship Manager with local bank at priority segment. Have been in bank sales for 3.5yrs. Currently looking to switch to non-sales role and considering compliance. Because I don’t have prior compliance experience, is it a must for me to take paycut? I am currently drawing basic 4.5k (excluding commissions).

Just got an offer for compliance role at insurance company, however they offered me 3.9k basic. Benefits like annual leave is much lesser than what I get in the bank.

I definitely don’t want to continue doing sales however I have reservations because of the paycut.

Seems like you are set on not continuing sales. If you are keen to go compliance, pay cut is necessary because you dont have direct experience if not little experience.

That said, there are many functions within compliance. You wont know if compliance is suitable for you. getting increment of 4.5k is rather tough given your RM experience is just 3.5 years with little compliance experience.

Unless you are a 8 years RM experience and 4 years compliance experience.

Unregistered 03-11-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConflictedMike (Post 111359)

How much is your commission? You can calculate your annual income for comparison. I think the pay cut is quite huge considering more than $600 per month considering commission.
Is there a specific reason why the switch? If the reason outweighs the monetary loss then you can consider.

ConflictedMike 03-11-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111361)
How much is your commission? You can calculate your annual income for comparison. I think the pay cut is quite huge considering more than $600 per month considering commission.
Is there a specific reason why the switch? If the reason outweighs the monetary loss then you can consider.

Reason for the switch is because I want to change to non-sales role. My rationale is I want to gain experience in compliance first and maybe after 2 years I can join bank compliance. The insurance company is the only one that shortlisted me for interview, got rejected by a lot of places as I don’t have prior experience.