Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 15-06-2018 03:25 AM

Hi

Can I check if the CAMS6-SG (IBF Level 2) Program is suitable to be taken up, for someone who is a new to Compliance?

I am wondering if this program would help me kickstart a career in AML/Transaction Monitoring. Currently, I am 6 months into my role as a Transaction Filtering Operator, dealing with Sanctions.

Unregistered 15-06-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107995)
Hi

Can I check if the CAMS6-SG (IBF Level 2) Program is suitable to be taken up, for someone who is a new to Compliance?

I am wondering if this program would help me kickstart a career in AML/Transaction Monitoring. Currently, I am 6 months into my role as a Transaction Filtering Operator, dealing with Sanctions.

Take ibf lvl one first. Lvl two is for those with at least 3 yrs of exp, afraid u wont be able to catch up or will struggke. Most of the ppl who take lvl 2 are professionals with experience in the fields. Once u clear lvl one, u can proceed to lvl 2 which will be alot easier. Hope this helps

Unregistered 15-06-2018 04:02 PM

Mid-Career switch

Hi guys,
I’ve been hoping to do a mid career switch into compliance and was wondering if you guys have any tips or advice in the steps I can take to go about this. I’ve done some job search and there hardly seem to be any entry level jobs. I did apply to the credit suisse compliance academy but there’s been no news so far.

Currently I’m in the F&B sector for about 3 years. Prior to that I did 2 years of insurance sales and am holding a degree in IT. Do you guys think that I’ll have a chance at this?

Unregistered 17-06-2018 01:21 PM

Certification suggestions

Hello All,

I'm currently working for an e commerce site as a operations manager for the enterprise Risk team who deals with compliance / sanctions. i m currently looking to xplore more opportunities around this field. I have a total experience of 8 and 4 years of manager experience. Does doing certification in any of the compliance field fetch me a good pay and role in future? Also please advise the course name and institution where it will help me. I work and live in India.

Unregistered 17-06-2018 08:57 PM

any news from the credit suisse compliance program?

Unregistered 19-06-2018 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107997)
Take ibf lvl one first. Lvl two is for those with at least 3 yrs of exp, afraid u wont be able to catch up or will struggke. Most of the ppl who take lvl 2 are professionals with experience in the fields. Once u clear lvl one, u can proceed to lvl 2 which will be alot easier. Hope this helps

Hi thanks for the reply.

Actually my intention is to find out whether the CAMS6-SG or intl CAMS is better.

Unregistered 26-06-2018 10:35 PM

exit opportunities at mas

hi all,

just wondering what kind of exit opportunities are available for a graduate officer at mas in one of the supervisory departments (banking, aml, capital markets and so on). is it possible for them to transit to a bank easily after 2~3 years? or would it be extremely difficult due to the specific skills gained at mas?

Unregistered 30-06-2018 05:13 PM

Job advice

Hi guys

Any advise?
I have around 2 years of Compliance experience in an international bank. I did the IBF level 1 Compliance cert already.

Now I have 2 offers
1 offer is from another international bank the role is a client regulatory advisory role.
1 offer is aml transanction screening/monitoring role in local bank.

If I take the first role, would it be considered a deviation from compliance? Would it be easy to go back to Compliance?

Might also be important to note that first offer got more than 20% increment. But second one only offering about 10% increment.

What is your advice?

Unregistered 05-07-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108435)
Hi guys

Any advise?
I have around 2 years of Compliance experience in an international bank. I did the IBF level 1 Compliance cert already.

Now I have 2 offers
1 offer is from another international bank the role is a client regulatory advisory role.
1 offer is aml transanction screening/monitoring role in local bank.

If I take the first role, would it be considered a deviation from compliance? Would it be easy to go back to Compliance?

Might also be important to note that first offer got more than 20% increment. But second one only offering about 10% increment.

What is your advice?

What are u exactly doing now (?compliance) aml?
If u want to focus on aml then obviously switching to another speciality I.e regulatory compliance won’t let u gain the kind of exposure and experience which looks good on your cv

For the tm / screening role this isn’t fantastic either - most will likely plateau in learning by the 2nd year and it is very routine. Unless u like this kind of a role and want to Specialize

For 10% I would think Too Low to jump as u will likely Want to jump within next 1 -2 years. Think about whether this is what u want or should u hold for another opportunity

seojuns0310 17-07-2018 05:10 PM

Hi everyone, I need to gather some opinions here with you experienced professionals. I am a fresh grad and have been looking to land a role in compliance, preferably in banks as i feel there will be more exposure. Recently, i received this offer to work in the compliance team of an insurance company. I was hesitant to take up this offer, my first thoughts are to take up this job and gain some experiences but i am not sure if there is any transferrable skills when i want to move to the banking side in future. Can anyone share some insight on this? Thanks in advance :)