Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 19-05-2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107342)
thanks for answering. yes i’m in an international bank.

I feel that work culture, good bosses and colleagues are equally important as salary.

I wont want to have poor work balance with high pay.

Unregistered 20-05-2018 06:22 PM

Anyone knows or work in Sanctions Screening in Bank of Tokyo MUFG? May I know how is the work, culture and prospect in this role in MUFG?

midcareerchange 22-05-2018 02:49 PM

Mid career switch

Hi everyone,

it has been enlightening reading up on how the fresh grads can get into compliance/AML functions. However, I would like to go further and ask for some advice for myself.

I am going to be 40 come 2019 and I have spent the last 10 years (since 2008) in trading and other functions with brokerages. A couple of years ago, I started my own firm and was licensed with MAS as a broker(SFA). During that time, I focused on the compliance aspect of the company (regulators/licencing/KYC/AML) while the other partners did the front office work. However, it didn't work out and I am now looking to join the corporate world.

What I would like to know is if I could join a FI in compliance at a middle level rather than a fresh hire.

Hope to hear your inputs.

Thank you.

Unregistered 26-05-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midcareerchange (Post 107415)
Hi everyone,

it has been enlightening reading up on how the fresh grads can get into compliance/AML functions. However, I would like to go further and ask for some advice for myself.

I am going to be 40 come 2019 and I have spent the last 10 years (since 2008) in trading and other functions with brokerages. A couple of years ago, I started my own firm and was licensed with MAS as a broker(SFA). During that time, I focused on the compliance aspect of the company (regulators/licencing/KYC/AML) while the other partners did the front office work. However, it didn't work out and I am now looking to join the corporate world.

What I would like to know is if I could join a FI in compliance at a middle level rather than a fresh hire.

Hope to hear your inputs.

Thank you.

your profile seems pretty fitting for typical market compliance role... Honestly, rather than asking on a internet forum, why don't speak to a recruiter and have them vet through your CV. There are so many other factors (of which, i don't think you want to share them in public) to consider - how wide was your scope back then / typical products and markets that you've covered / last drawn pay / your motivations to move and etc. And of course - Age.

The questions that you'd ask yourself is - for a mid level position, why would they choose you over somebody who spent the same amount of years across several big FIs with 100% focus in the regulatory / compliance space. That person would very likely have hands-on experience with numerous trading platforms - the same as you, and with one or more dedicated surveillance platforms. Nonetheless, these are just my views - it's best you get an professional advice instead.

Unregistered 27-05-2018 05:00 PM

Currently in a Big4 within the AML service line doing stuff such CDD,TM,SOW,Regulatory GAP Analysis etc. Drawing 4.8k.

Got offered a job at a Swiss Private Bank with a 100% increment for a TM specific role. Would you recommend the jump?

Unregistered 27-05-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107506)
Currently in a Big4 within the AML service line doing stuff such CDD,TM,SOW,Regulatory GAP Analysis etc. Drawing 4.8k.

Got offered a job at a Swiss Private Bank with a 100% increment for a TM specific role. Would you recommend the jump?

Means 9.6k?

Of course go.

Unregistered 27-05-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107506)

which level are you at in big 4 and which level are u going ? wouldnt recommend a lower grade jump but for the money, just go haha

Unregistered 31-05-2018 09:30 PM

Salary Expectation : AML KYC Director

Hi All

Quick Question: What is considered a good salary for an Expat in Singapore to work in a British Bank as an AML KYC Director (Senior Manager)

My Background: 36 yrs old Male , Muslim, US Citizen, 4 Kids and currently living in NY. 10+ years of banking experience within AML KYC space, CAMS certified with Masters degree.

Thanks

Unregistered 02-06-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107569)
Hi All

Quick Question: What is considered a good salary for an Expat in Singapore to work in a British Bank as an AML KYC Director (Senior Manager)

My Background: 36 yrs old Male , Muslim, US Citizen, 4 Kids and currently living in NY. 10+ years of banking experience within AML KYC space, CAMS certified with Masters degree.

Thanks

First off - are you relocating through the internal mobility channel within the "british bank" ?
Or a new job?

In the first case, perhaps you may find out more information from the HR and/or colleagues who are already working in Singapore...

For the latter, and with 4 kids + your wife (assuming she will be homemaker), safe bet would be at least SGD$250,000 to not "struggle", but that also depends on your lifestyle.

Groceries and daily necessities are cheap in common supermarkets in Singapore as compared to NYC. Large chunk of your disposable income will be for your kids (schools, etc.) and accommodation (rental, furnishing, monthly upkeep,etc.). Maybe you could get a second-hand used car... but i would advise against doing that unless you have work out the math.

Unregistered 05-06-2018 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107604)
First off - are you relocating through the internal mobility channel within the "british bank" ?
Or a new job?

In the first case, perhaps you may find out more information from the HR and/or colleagues who are already working in Singapore...

For the latter, and with 4 kids + your wife (assuming she will be homemaker), safe bet would be at least SGD$250,000 to not "struggle", but that also depends on your lifestyle.

Groceries and daily necessities are cheap in common supermarkets in Singapore as compared to NYC. Large chunk of your disposable income will be for your kids (schools, etc.) and accommodation (rental, furnishing, monthly upkeep,etc.). Maybe you could get a second-hand used car... but i would advise against doing that unless you have work out the math.

Thanks , it's not an internal move and i think SGD$225,000 - 250,000 will be a good base