Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 27-02-2018 06:06 PM

Advice
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105056)
Most banks already outsourced this function to cheaper location, maybe except regulator and stock exchanges might still retain it. not optimistic tbh, you might be better off doing AML/KYC

Thanks for your advice!

Unregistered 28-02-2018 02:15 AM

“Heard from my frenz working in DB that they are ramping up compliance department and have been paying top dollars and bonuses to get the right people. So i suppose conversion of all 33 headcounts into perm after 2 yrs is def possible. AML would also continue to be a main focus for the industry”

Guys my apology to burst the bubble. Indeed it sounds promising but in actual fact the bank is struggling with budget. Recent news reported their losses and bonus payment have been deferred in the last 3 years. A few people came up saying their HR is incompetent and dont know whether certain skill sets are relevant or transferrable. Few went for 3 rounds of interview & got their time wasted without an offer. The low paying contract roles are the solutions to get the ball rolling as DB are under regulatory pressure to clean up their AML controls. You may get your conversion after 2 years but if you have an equal offer elsewhere, forget them. Good luck!!!!!

Unregistered 28-02-2018 07:52 AM

Conversion is not certain in the job market. I think people need be open to other opportunities instead of just dwelling on the role in DB. There are many paths to get into the field. I have worked in the banks and payments industry. Dont miss out on other opportunities while waiting for DB.

Unregistered 28-02-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105126)
Conversion is not certain in the job market. I think people need be open to other opportunities instead of just dwelling on the role in DB. There are many paths to get into the field. I have worked in the banks and payments industry. Dont miss out on other opportunities while waiting for DB.

what are the opportunities for fresh grad ?

Unregistered 28-02-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105141)
what are the opportunities for fresh grad ?

Are you hungry to find a job and opportunites? At an early stage of your career, you are still exploring and you may not liike this field. You should learn to explore what u like to do.

Unregistered 28-02-2018 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105121)
“Heard from my frenz working in DB that they are ramping up compliance department and have been paying top dollars and bonuses to get the right people. So i suppose conversion of all 33 headcounts into perm after 2 yrs is def possible. AML would also continue to be a main focus for the industry”

Guys my apology to burst the bubble. Indeed it sounds promising but in actual fact the bank is struggling with budget. Recent news reported their losses and bonus payment have been deferred in the last 3 years. A few people came up saying their HR is incompetent and dont know whether certain skill sets are relevant or transferrable. Few went for 3 rounds of interview & got their time wasted without an offer. The low paying contract roles are the solutions to get the ball rolling as DB are under regulatory pressure to clean up their AML controls. You may get your conversion after 2 years but if you have an equal offer elsewhere, forget them. Good luck!!!!!

Dont be a wet blanket. DB is not as bad as it seems, there are still bright spot in the risk and compliance for headcount to grow and progress. please dont make it sound like you are the deputy to john cryan

Unregistered 01-03-2018 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105012)
Still no updates. anyone took up other offers instead? Im tired of waiting. They arnt replying to my mails

No replies. Communication is dead.

Unregistered 01-03-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105172)
No replies. Communication is dead.

Im guessing its cancelled. They should have told us the truth and no keep us hanging.

Unregistered 01-03-2018 11:11 AM

well db's hr is known to be extremely inefficient

Unregistered 01-03-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105179)
Im guessing its cancelled. They should have told us the truth and no keep us hanging.

I was so looking forward to this program


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2